Maaneet FF: Whispering Knolls NEW LINK on Pg141 - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago

Nice Concept. want to read more....continue soon and pm me the updates.πŸ‘

Chapter One: New Horizons

The alarm went off promptly at 6AM beside the bed. As the alarm chimed loudly a hand crept out of the comforter to stop the alarm from scaring her little angel. She lightly hugged her daughter and placed a light peck on her forehead before she slowly crept out of the bed, rubbed her palms and looked into it and muttered a small prayer for a good day ahead. Stretching out a little while trying to suppress a yawn, Geetanjali, known as Geet by her friends and family, walked towards her balcony on the 24th floor of her posh apartment situated in the midst of midtown Manhattan. She watched the beautiful sunrise in the city that was fondly known as a city that never sleeps. The hustle in the city reflected the attitudes of the people rushing by the street corners, dodging the yellow taxis. While few enjoyed sipping hot coffee and strolling down the street others were keenly bargaining their way through with the fruit vendors on the streets. She smiled and turned around to begin her routine as usual.

She went to the bathroom splashed some cold water on her face and picked up the brush and toothpaste. While brushing she walked through the living room and and went out of the main door to get a piece of daily dose of news from New York Times. She came back dropped the newspaper on the couch and went back to the bathroom to finish up her brushing and showering. Coming out of the shower in a neat copper sulfate saree and a towel that neatly tied her wet long and curly hair into a tight bun.  Switching on Venkateshwara Suprabhatam with just enough volume and walked to the dressing table.  She carefully took a matching blue bindi placed it on her forehead and rushed to do the morning pooja. She was taught by her mother to do daily pooja before she stepped out of the house and she religiously followed to do so. Although the apartment did not have any special place or room for her daily prayers, she had set up a small mandap by the kitchen facing east as instructed by her mother. The mandap contained few murtis of Vishnu, Ganapathi, Saraswati, Lakshmi and a few photos of Murugan, Shiva, Hanuman, and Rajarajeswari. Below the mandap she had neatly arranged a small lamp and a pooja thali containing aarati and a small bell. From the side of the mandap she picked up a small cup containing vibhuti (sacred ash) and placed a tiny mark on her forehead and earnestly began to pray.

Quickly finishing up the prayer and placing a set of s'more poptarts in the toaster and switching on the coffee maker, she proceeded to the bedroom to wake her little angel.

"Kritika! Wake up chellam (sweetheart) its time for school!" Geet called out as she walked into the bedroom.

There was a slow stir on the bed and a slight annoyed moan came from underneath the comforter. Geet kneeled on the bed and slowly started removing the comforter. Kritika jerked away the comforter back with a sharp tug and turned to face the other side away from her mom.

"Amma, I do not want to wake up! Just 2 more minutes pweese" squeaked Kritika from underneath the comforter.

Geet knew that her 2 minutes was a cue for another half hour but she wouldn't allow it as she would be late to school. Again Geet slowly pulled the comforter and went near Kritika and cajoled her to wake up else she would be late for school. The word school did the trick, instantly Kritika's eyes opened and she sat upright on the bed.

"That's like my good girl," Geet proudly said and added, "ab chalo lets get ready quickly and go to school teekhe?" She placed a soft kiss on her daughter's cheeks and lifted her into her arms and headed to the bathroom to brush and bathe her daughter.  Kritika who was securely wrapped in a white towel ran out of the bathroom with her hair dripping wet and Geet running behind her to prevent her from catching a cold due to her hair being wet.

"Kritika kanna (sweety) come here right now so that I can dry your hair!" Geet screamed as the little one dashed to the kitchen and hid the little coffee table cleverly dodging her mom. Geet knew where her little darling would hide but not wanting to spoil the fun easily she stopped in the kitchen and called out again, "Kriti kutty (sweety) if you don't come out then Amma will go to school in your place. Do you want to miss school on the day of your friend, Chandu's birthday?" Kritika, fearing her mom would go to school instead of her quickly came out of hiding and ran to her mother's arms.

Kritika's cute little brown eyes widened at the thought of her mother's declaration and screamed, "No Amma please I have to go to school today I cannot miss his birthday!"

Geet gathered Kritika in her arms again and walked to the dressing table to quickly dry her hair and dress her up in Kritika's favorite orange turtleneck shirt and jean shorts. After dressing up Kritika, she herself turned to the mirror and removed her towel from her hair that had absorbed most of the moisture from her hair and dried her hair with a quick wave of the hair dyer and changed into a formal office wear neatly ironed the previous day. In one motion tied her long hair into a bun and applied light makeup and eyeliner. Straightening her clothes, she motioned Kritika to come to the kitchen to get a bite of her favorite s'more poptarts with a glass of orange juice. While kritika happily munched down the poptarts, Geet made herself a cup of coffee and toasted a slice of bread.  Skimming through the newspaper she ate her toast and gulped down her coffee. Finishing their breakfast, Geet gathered her bag and house keys while Kritika gathered her tiny little princess backpack and walked out of the main door holding her mother's hand.

"Kritika do not trouble anyone today in school, behave properly, and please listen to the Mrs. McKenna" Geet explained as they traveled down the elevator to take them downstairs. Kritika patiently listen to her mom like always and slightly turned away from her to give a slight smirk. Kritika knew her mother always warned her to stay away from trouble but it wasn't her fault if trouble came in search of her. Walking into the crowded street, Kritika tightly held onto Geet's hand. Half walking and half running both reached the school right on time for the first bell. Geet quickly bent down to give a small peck on her darling's cheek and assured her she would pick her up after school. Kritika hugged her mom with her tiny hands and give a small kiss to her and dashed into the school. Geet watched her tiny angel run into the school while she stood up straightened herself and headed towards the nearest subway train station. She smiled at herself and thought, she was living a perfect little life with her daughter, a life she had always dreamed of, well not really dreamed of but she had no complaints. She worked a perfect 10-6 job in one of the top construction companies as the head architect. People around her respected and appreciated her for her work. She loved her job trying to fulfill other's dream buildings. Her little princess filled her void life with joy with her mischief and little nakhra. All her life she had prayed for a peaceful life and now God had granted her a joyful one. What more could she ask for? Her train of thoughts came to an end as she stepped into her cabin to be greeted by her boss to discuss an important issue.

Okay people thats it for now. Thanks for all the encouragement. if you want me to pm you please add me as a friend so that it would be easy for me. Also please to ignore any mistakes!
Edited by Maaneet_09 - 13 years ago
wow love the bond between
mother & daughter
brilliant part love it core
pls update soonnnnnnnnn
if dont mind one more
plsssssssssssss
sorry i'm turning greedy
because damn good writer
thanks pm yippe me first to
comment πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘
Originally posted by sharmake11

wow love the bond between
mother & daughter
brilliant part love it core
pls update soonnnnnnnnn
if dont mind one more
plsssssssssssss
sorry i'm turning greedy
because damn good writer
thanks pm yippe me first to
comment πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘
thanks so much for the encouragement. but i have to tell you i dont know how regularly i can update coz soon my spring break will be over n i wont get a lot of time as i have to resume coll πŸ˜• but i promise i shall try my best to update whenever possible!

hey .. that was a gr8 update... lolxxx.. kritika's smirk :D :P . she's upto something :D :P .. 

nysh update .. and continue soon :) :) ..

lovelyyy part dear .....
loved d mother daughter bonding 
cont soooooon
thnx for d PM..πŸ€—

Nice concept chellam...i just loved it. wish to read more. update soon.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
interesting concept...do continue...pls add me to yr pm list...
luved it
awesum do continue soon

interesting story....

do continue soon.

add me in ur pm list plzz😳