meme4u.com
meme4u.com

Happy St.Patty's Day! (:

isomers IF-Sizzlerz
isomers
isomers

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 6:58pm | IP Logged

Happy St.Patrick's Day!
Since you guys already know what the topic is about, I figured I'd start off my wishing you all first.

---------------------
--------

A little about the day;
(you can skip this part if you already know about St.Pat's Day..or if you just want to get to the good part)

It is celebrated in the honour of Saint Patrick, the most commonly known patron saint of Ireland. This holiday, though initially celebrated only in Ireland, is known and celebrated all over the world.

Saint Patrick was sold as a slave at the age of 16. He escaped from slavery after six years and went to Gaul where he studied monastery. He then returned to Ireland where he was appointed as second bishop to Ireland (after the transferring of St.Palladius to Scotland). St.Patrick died on March 17th in AD 461.

A traditional icon of this day is the shamrock. This roots from the Irish tale that tells how Saint Patrick used the three-leafed plant to explain the Trinity. The custom of wearing a shamrock originated from this very tale.

EL FIN.
Big smile

Now that the history lesson is done with, let's move onto the good part, shall we?

Did you know..
One aspect of this very special day is that people have to wear green. Green shirts, green shoes, green pants(Cool), GREEN ANYTHING. JUST WEAR GREEN! Because if you don't, you shall endure the pain of getting pinched. Trust me when I say this..getting pinched by almost everyone in class is definitely NOT something you want to get yourself into.Ouch
^^ don't ask me where this tradition came from, I have no idea.Big smile

AND 
since we are all currently in a virtual world where we cannot see what everyone is wearing, the
crazy creatives came up with the brilliant idea of making everyone decorate their avis and sig boxes with the colour..you, guessed it, GREEN! (the sig/avi doesn't have to be completely green, anything that has a TAD bit of green will work as wellBig smile).

Basically..if you don't see someone who doesn't have any green in either their avi or sig, quote the person and tell him/her that he/she has just been pinched by you for not "wearing" green.

simple no?Big smile

HAVE FUN!

Edited by -Nitya- - 16 March 2011 at 7:14pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

mangoIndigoBluesSidda8supercool3Angel-Jot..Jiya.sami01splnburgerchaapAngelic_A-Rinki-spamalotruky786AASUS

Angelic_A IF-Sizzlerz
Angelic_A
Angelic_A

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
Happy St. Patty's day everyone!

p.s. Awesome post Nitya!!

Edited by Angelic_A - 16 March 2011 at 10:58pm
sami01 IF-Sizzlerz
sami01
sami01

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
happy saint Patrick's day to all and awesome Post
mango Goldie
mango
mango

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 6:13pm | IP Logged
Happy St. Patty's day all!!

so how many of you encountered drunk people on the streets today? Tongue...apparently there was a group of 4-5 people on my campus...drunk at 9:30 AM!!!...LOL
Angel-Jot. IF-Veteran Member
Angel-Jot.
Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 6:19pm | IP Logged
ROFL. Happy St. Pats!!!

I got pinched so much many times at school today. Stern Smile NOT MY FAULT I HAVE NOTHING GREEN TO WEAR! *pouts rubbing her red arm*

And Gur..REALLY? Wow. Luckily i haven't. ROFL No drunk people met yet. Ermm

But..everyone was wearing green today and the whole school was all green today, It was soooo green! Some people even decorated their lockers! ROFL But..we got cupcakes. Some classmates made cupcakes...they were green..but they were good. Approve

-Jot.
Angelic_A IF-Sizzlerz
Angelic_A
Angelic_A

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 6:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mango

Happy St. Patty's day all!!

so how many of you encountered drunk people on the streets today? Tongue...apparently there was a group of 4-5 people on my campus...drunk at 9:30 AM!!!...LOL

on campus? ShockedStern Smile
spamalot IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 6:54pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
_Meena_ IF-Addictz
_Meena_
_Meena_

Captain Daalchini

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 7:01pm | IP Logged
happy saint patricks day

Go to top