Poll

Is Murli doing the right thing by sheltering Sudha?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
I've already expressed my disgust @ the CVs of this show for blaspheming Ram-ji's name, the latest and most blatant attempt @ this being the monster who's Sudha's hubby having the name 'Ram Avtar', when he's more a rakshasha.

But in today's episode, when they showed Murli discussing w/ his family the propriety of them keeping Sudha in this house w/o informing RA (I refuse to use the name 'Ram Avtar' for him going forward), it looked in a very weird way an anti-parallel to Ravan's discussions w/ his family on returning Sita.  Yeah, the differences are stark, to put it mildly, like Sita being held against her will vs Sudha personally asking for shelter, but aside from that, just as Ravan refused to release Sita to Ram-ji, Murli refuses to release Sudha to RA.  And do the Mridang vs Murli fights look like Ravan vs Vibhishan? 😆

So are the CVs now trying to subliminally make Murli equivalent of Ravan?  You be the judge

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnuPurva thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I liked your title.. Saying Murli Ravan since he is giving Sudha (wife of Ram avatar) shelter.. so Ravan...🤣
Ya.. I am not totally impressed with this track.. why so many new entries and problems, instead solving existing ones...

fuzzyface thumbnail
So funny Murli is ravan I suppose in a way 🤣
JaZzs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
7 votes for second option 😲
SeaOcean thumbnail
Maybe ravan is a harsh word but in my POV he is insensitive and a hypocrite.
ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Raavan???😲 Vrish you can't be serious are you? 😆you mean raavan - dus sarwaala & dus dimaagwaala 

i always have a problem when gau says she's ram ji ki bhanji. in yesterdays epi i felt like murdering how. she's ruining the epic of ramayan. but as you said now this serial is going the ramayan way which means the kaliyug ramayan. i mean if RA is ram, mridang is bhibhishan, gau is ram's bhanji & murli raavan then this is the opposite of ramayan. 😆

yes murli should help sudha at least for the sake of humanity. bharti ko dhoka dene ka paap ka pryaschit to karna padega na murli ko LOL! 😆who knows god will forgive him if he helps sudha. but on a serious note yes he should help her out. if he doesn't then i won't forgive him or in other words itihaas murli ko kabhi maaf nahi karega😆
-Vrinda- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
he is a biggest ravan in the world
Vr15h thumbnail
Originally posted by: vik rocks

Raavan???😲 Vrish you can't be serious are you? 😆you mean raavan - dus sarwaala & dus dimaagwaala 

i always have a problem when gau says she's ram ji ki bhanji. in yesterdays epi i felt like murdering how. she's ruining the epic of ramayan. but as you said now this serial is going the ramayan way which means the kaliyug ramayan. i mean if RA is ram, mridang is bhibhishan, gau is ram's bhanji & murli raavan then this is the opposite of ramayan. 😆

yes murli should help sudha at least for the sake of humanity. bharti ko dhoka dene ka paap ka pryaschit to karna padega na murli ko LOL! 😆who knows god will forgive him if he helps sudha. but on a serious note yes he should help her out. if he doesn't then i won't forgive him or in other words itihaas murli ko kabhi maaf nahi karega😆

Vik

Of course, it was tongue in cheek - the only 'similarity' is that Ravan had Rama's wife in his kingdom, and Murli has RA's wife in his.  That's where the parallels start and end.

As I noted previously, I have a theory that the CVs of this serial are Rama haters, and nothing bears it out than giving Sudha's rakshasha hubby the name RA.  And now, w/ Murli keeping this namesake's wife, looks like they're almost trying to show him as Ravan.  And just as Ravan was asked by Mandodari, Vibhishan, Kumbhakarna, his mother et al to release Sita, similarly all of Murli's family is suggesting the same to him.

That's how that struck me.  But don't get me wrong - I don't draw any parallels b/w this and the epic, the way the CVs of this serial seem to.

PS Vik, come back to RS - it's exciting again
Edited by _Vrish_ - 13 years ago
ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
well coming back to this anti-ramayan version😉 
well here sudha herself begs murli to let her stay at his home. murli never came up with this option, in fact he was just giving her options as if he was hosting KBC & suddenly sudha gave murli the answer which was not included in his option list leaving murli shocked😲 at first he wasn't convinced then sudha gave him this dosti ka vaasta😆 

hey btw, coming back to ramayan, i am a diehard fan of the old & new version but i always had one confusion...what was sita's fault that though she gave the agni-pariksha she still had to leave her husband when she was pregnant & go wandering in the jungles & live there though she was a queen. lord ram didn't stop her as he was fulfilling his duties of the king. i know that lord vishnu was cursed & it was due to that but even today when i watch ramayan & i see sita go inside the earth at the end a chill runs down my spine...i can't even describe in words how bad i feel even today. coming back to the anti-version BAVD, here even without fault our poor bharti has left her home. her husband murli didn't stop her while she was leaving coz at that time along himself his entire family was against her. so here's one similarity that turns murli into ram😆 the difference is that lord ram had to let sita go with a heavy heart while😭 our murli willingly lets her go😳 & if we remember it was prakash who was asked for an agni-pariksha by bharti😆 so much confusion over here😕

talking about that ram ji ki bhanji thing. firstly i used to take it lightly as i thought that it had the touch of humour for a character like gau to have it say it. but now trust me it's getting on my nerves...😡 but one thing did lord ram have any bhanji. i don't think so. so this means gau is not his bhanji😆

btw maybe gau calls out the name of ramji to reduce the sins he commits😕 i recall one of the episodes of Lord Shani Dev where there was a so-called saint who actually wasn't a good person but a bad one, & he had this habit of pronouncing the name of goddess chaamunda all the time. after he committed many sins finally lord shani decided to punish him with his nyaaya chakra then coz this time his sins became heavier than the frequency of his pronouncing maa chaamunda. otherwise before he was saved from punishment bcoz of his habit of pronouncing maa chaamunda. it was only after his sins started weighing heavier he got punished by lord shani. so looks like in BAVD gau is still filling her pot of sins, she's still safe maybe bcoz she pronounces ramji all the time. the day her sins weigh heavier, no matter how much she calls ramji, i'm sure lord shani will arrive on his eagle & definitely punish her😍 & that day i'll dance with happiness😈 i just love to bring shani dev everywhere on every forums😆
Vr15h thumbnail
Vik

I don't blame you - in the Ramayan forum, we used to be disappointed that there ain't a Shani Dev Forum for us to discuss the appearances of our fav Ramayan actors

On Sita's fault, you probably missed the tons of discussions and debates we'd have in the Ramayan forum - maybe you can refer to those.  Go to that forum and the doubts & discussions thread - it's a sticky there - and track back to the first versions of that thread.  You'll see a lot in there.

It depends on what you believe.  I only believe the original Valmiki and nothing else, and according to that, Sita was not left in the jungle, but near Valmiki's Ashram.  All the while, Rama & Lakshman knew where she lived, and when Kush/Luv were born, Shatrughan, who was on his invasion of Madhupura, met her and did their naming ceremony.  There was never any war b/w Kush/Luv and Rama's army, and at the end, when Rama asked that Sita make a statement on her chastity, that's when Sita took the ultimate vow that took her in.  Yeah, the last part I still find disturbing and avoid.

Comparing it w/ the Anti-Ramayan BAVD (nice name, btw), Sita never went back to Mithila (that too was discussed in that forum) but Bharti fortunately has returned and is starting a new life, and ready to move on.  In fact, whereas it would have been inconceivable to think of Sita w/ anyone else, Bharti is more likely than not to move on w/ Amit.  Also, Rama exiled Sita, but here, it was Bharti who asked for a divorce, and Murli who willingly granted it.  Still big contrasts.

I agree that maybe Gau invokes Ram-ji's name for the very reason you mention, but I think one does have to clean up one's act as well.  But I'd rather not get too religious here.

To continue the analogy, so far, Veena hasn't expressed an opinion here.  But if Murli is Ravan, would Veena be Shurpanakha 🤣