Mistis thoughts 16th march - Page 3

Posted: 13 years ago

Thanks  Misti as usual liked your analyses & comments I love the way you explained  the  whole episode so hilariously  Bumbum's  journey with Phuljhari was funny & interesting  I loved  the silent  conversation  about  horsie  & kanha  πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£   I was  laughing  reading the  up date I couldn't  control  my laughing  MISTI  you are great may god bless you    

Oh god misti ur thoughts r really amusing so funny jst loved the conversation btwn horsie and kanha could not stop laughing. Great analysis
Originally posted by Bidz_cutegal

First of all, hats off for this update πŸ‘
I've never read such a hilarious update LOL πŸ˜†
Loved the names Bumbum and Phuljari for our RaDev πŸ˜‰
Loved how u wrote about each scene so hilariously and cutely πŸ˜›
Ur wild imagination was simply outstanding πŸ‘
Kanha and the horse's phone conversation...omg what a covo πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
loved that part the most πŸ˜›
I was laughing thoroughly...kasam se πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
In short, i totally enjoyed reading this πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Keep it up!!! ⭐️

Thankyou Bidz_cutegal. Glad that you like my wild imagination.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by chalhov

Misti great commentary was reminded of u at many places in fact I mentioned in the bracket during one Kabutarni's soliloquiesπŸ˜†
Yes saw thatπŸ˜ƒ....

But Padmas comment regarding her son...........I have read someone mentioning that in this forum ........πŸ€”..I can't remember who.......πŸ€”.......

ok the great researchπŸ˜†πŸ˜† of CMs

I think that tis research will be continuing.πŸ˜‰

it was a totally entertainment episode concentrating on BumBUm and PHuljari as holi ME is fast approaching and there is only one day in between yes was kind of a relief when Virat said I will do my bit and then Kabutar's contribution is also there.πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰ kavi sammelan Viraat was also toned down and smiling and not glaring at the camera By the way PF me sabki khopdi ghass charene gayi haiπŸ˜†

It was a light episode with the holi episode approaching I think they did not want to show any drama.......the audience might be hit by an avalanche of melodarama next week.As for the Purohits I am ignoring them now........don't have the patience anymore to deal with pingponging stuff.....when they have made their minds regarding what they are going to do with the purohits and when they get serious about them..........I will pay attention, but for now I have had enough. 

[/QUOTE]
Originally posted by bholabear

Misti, your comments today were so totally over the top hilarious. Loved the convo about the horsie and Kanha. πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ Am splitting and ROFL all over my desk. Lucky am early to work and no one here yet to hear me. πŸ˜‰

Laagey raho misti meri ma. πŸ€£   πŸ€£   πŸ€£   πŸ€£   πŸ€£  πŸ€£  πŸ€£  πŸ€£  πŸ€£  πŸ€£  πŸ€£  πŸ€£  πŸ€£  πŸ€£  πŸ€£  πŸ€£  πŸ€£  πŸ€£

Wel thankyou meri bachi......πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜›......I could not resist putting the hoses thoughts across.....since he played such an important role in the episode he should have some dialogues and if Kanha is also a character then he should also have dialogues.  
[QUOTE=why3]

Bumbum's journey with Phuljhari was funny but that was the only interesting thing in the episode.  Overall, your commentary is hilarious and I was laughing out loud when I read it.  While watching the horse scenes, your commentary came into mind and I was really happy that they showed a scene which brought your best sense of humor.

Thankyou Angie.πŸ˜‰....Bumbum and Phuljharis part was the only interesting part.....usually for me Phuljharis family is also there in the episode and that also keeps me interested.

Got it that Bumbum's initial steps were logical.  But wouldn't it be better to ask the girl to ask for her name at least or do people in divine love don't that.  Is not asking for a name or address is a rule where your ehsas or Kanha would help you find people in a densely populated country like India. 

Angie the makers are showing how to involve the members of the animal kingdom in search and rescue operation.πŸ˜‰

Now PF is the weakest link of this show and that is a problem.  This is the main family where all the action will take place from next week onwards and I feel like fast forwarding their scenes.  The only reason for not doing so was that I could respond in this thread properly.   Maheswari as a controller of things is just not working with me.  She is too much over the top with her actions and yet it is not logical that nobody questions her.  Padma who was smart enough to figure out Maheswari's greed is not intelligent enough to question Maheswari's eagerness to marry Rohan.  Honestly all the scenes involving Amba, Padma and Maheswari are snooze worthy for me.  There is no subtlety from Kabutarni and other two act dumb.

Yes........although I am wondering whether Purohits will be back in action next week....they can focus on Phuljharis family and Phuljharis changing reactions......her retracting and confusion and Bumbum's search in Rawal........can bring in drama in the forum of the villagers reacting to the news of the younger daughter getting married......Chenu-Bumbum interaction and use this breathing space to sit down and seriously work on the Purohits..........otherwise they are in for a rough ride. They can still salvage the Purohits but if they continue it this way then it might be too late.  

This week Dev is likeable because he is not interacting with Kabutarni.  When he starts doing that,  I have a feeling I would start disliking him again and that is not good for a show.  Since they are copying so much from CB1, let me use that show as a context.  In the first year, Amma was the catalyst for certain things to happen.  But she was not the person in control and wasn't shown that way.  Then there was PF which was very likeable and the likeability extended to its grey and black characters such as Chachoo, Arjun and Mrinalini.  You watched their scenes and did not feel like fast forwarding them.   Now Amma was totally unbearable in the second year as she became the main person who controlled everything and it was done by bringing down every character of PF.  They are doing the same with Kabutarni.  Her loudness is beginning to remind me of Amma and I feel like fast forwarding her scenes which is not a good thing.  How are they going to attract new audience if they don't bring a likeability factor.

The audience are tired of such characters and want subtle and nuanced grey characters.

Yes and thats why Purohits before leap interested me......and now I switch off.......the main reason is the glorifying of the powers of badi bahu. When they glorified amma after the burning in CB1 she became a joke to me and I used to ignore her......the dumbing down of all the positive characters to make amma great in 2010 in CB1 made CB into a black comedy to me........and all this is again starting to happen. I liked Purohits before the leap because badi bahu was the catalyst.......people were grey more and it was more believable, atleast to me.

I would have rolled my eyes at this scene if it wasn't for your commentary.  Honestly, why do they have to show Dev praying for one date with his DG and Kanha fulfilling his wish by stopping the horse.  As if the audience didn't get the message, they had to ram it down their throats by playing that "Kanha" music.  We get it, chunnu munnu.  In my humble opinion, the scene would have worked better if they had shown it either as a coincidence or Dev praying like Radhika did to Kanha in a simple manner.  The whole scene was unneccessary and they are overdoing Kanha factor.  Stop it and show Kanha factor where it is needed in a subtle way.

They are overdoing the Kanha factor and again I felt that maybe Radhikas scene with Kanha in the Mathura temple and yesterdays Devs scene with Kanha has been written by different people.......yesterdays Devs scene in the temple had the similar touch and feel to the sindoor scene in the temple after the leap. I do wish that Kanhas presence in dealt with in a subtle way..... the audience knows that Kanha is the guiding force here but they are turning him into a character. 

This Phuljhari is more fun and she enjoys life.  So she is no goody two shoes who would gasp at the audacity of a stranger.  She liked Bumbum during the boat ride and now is enjoying his company and his bold moves amuse her.  Bumbum on the other hand is so smitten that he has forgotten Kabutarni and that is good in my books.  This Bumbum with kid like enthusiasm is very amusing.  Phuljhari is a candy for him that he must have promptly at any cost.  Again I see it as an action of somebody who has found somebody who can fill his emptiness.  Anyway Radhika is the mature one in this relationship and Bumbum is a kid.

Yes his over enthusiasm for Phuljhari shows the neediness........he cannot wait but to have her. But I hope that they do not translate this innocence and kiddish behaviour to being stupid. .....because a person working in the muth cannot be stupid...Puljhari was plain amused by all this.

Now these scenes and yet confusing for me.  Initially I thought Phuljhari was imagining Bumbum in various places until the last scene where he is standing like a monkey.  But then they showed Phuljhari laughing at his antics and I had to imagine that those were real scenes.  But he changed into that shirt and dhoti and then lungi quickly.  

It seems that the new combination would be chest and lungi..

I also thought that Phuljhari was imagening and they did that part in super fast speed.....

Musti - Kahna & horsey conversation was hilarious. .

Instead of protecting Sr.Purohit from evil Kabutarni, Kahna is busy playing Matchnaker.... πŸ˜‰

Surprised to see Viraat smiling for a change... his wife is attached to his hip and she knows how to stroke his ego..
CM should have matched up Mr.Kabutar and little Chenu...they look like father and son.

Why is it that Padma is taking a back seat where her son's future is concerned and letting Kabaturni choose a wife for her own son? She acts more like a servant, than the DIL of the
Purohit family.
Originally posted by why3

Bumbum is living in a dream world.  This is probably the first time he is doing something for himself and he has forgotten his obligations.  He wants Phuljhari and he is going full speed with that.  It seems that they have changed his character since the promos where he was shown as reserved and running away from Phuljhari.  Maybe that would come when he finds out that Radhika has been selected as a bride for Rohan.  Depending on how they do it but it may be jarring to see him move from an enthusiastic kid to a reserved and resistant person in few days.

Angie I don't want to see Bumbum sad...see I knew it as soon as they made him into an underdog here, I will be on his side. It was Radhika in CB1 and here it is Bumbum. He was not only very enthusiastic, he was also very ernest about it. You might be right that it might be something that he has done just for himself after a long time. I hope they do the transition from this kid to a hurt, reserved person........gradually but knowing the creatives they might again be rushing it and again make it look ridiculous.

I am liking Phuljhari. Misti, as you mentioned they have changed her characterization but not that much from the childhood.  I wonder if this Mathura university thing is a new addition.  Perhaps previously the gurukul was the extent of Radhika's education as it would have prepared her for Mrs. RP position.  But then they decided to make it more urban and brought the college scene.  I like it this way but they have graduated Dev from the college (wasn't he supposed to be college going guy?). 

Yes he was supposed to be a college going guy who is also woring but he was supposed to belong to a middle class family. So there is a big change here.......the college thing might have been used to atrract the younger crowd to the show. Recently I read that most of the shows are now moving from village to cities, because the watching pattern of the audience is changing.....I mean according to the article the audience is getting bored of rural shows.

The real change for me would be if they don't continue with the mistaken identities where Radhika says yes to Rohan's proposal thinking it is from Dev and so on.  In any case, Kabutarni is in for a rude shock when she sees this Phuljhari.

Yes.....although she might not be in a shock when she sees Phuljhari but will definitely be in a shock when she gets to know her.

The second scene of Purohits was again jarring to me.  Viraath is somewhat interesting but his wife comes across as a caricature.  What is surprising is that dynamics between Kabutarni and Mohini are not picked up by anybody.  They just nod when she is praised sarcastically by Kabutarni.  Isn't her obnoxious behavior obvious?  Now Kabutarni came into her real roop when she called Dev a servant with disdain or endorsed Viraath calling Dev a servant.  How come Amma or Padma are still considering her a devi?  If they are not,  why not tell it to the audience.  It is not creating any mystery but just irritating the audience.  I am now founding the entire PF with the exception of Dev and Rohan as too one dimensional and boring.  They just are becoming unwatchable - again not a good sign.

Yes the disdain of Kabutarni was open ..............and the POVs of Padma and amma will give a reason behind their silence and them not reacting to it. The house and its members are in a mess which needs to be looked at...........anyway I am keeping them aside for the time being. Artificial mystery is usually irritating.

This one I can see.  Bumbum was very funny.  I also liked Phuljhari's pragmatic nature when she didn't offer the full fare.  Bumbum shared the ride and hence she only had to pay the half.  If he didn't take it, so be it and she let it go.  Also, she was aware of his flirting and excuses and let him know that.  I would be interested to see if she lies to her father for Bumbum tomorrow or she decides not to go meet him eventually.

The highlighted part I am also interestd in and also will be interested in the fathers reaction if she goes and he gets to know it.

Finally an observation:  I am not anticipating very high TRPs based on current track.  Despite their claims of CB2 being different, they are copying everything audience liked from the first year of the show and showing us in over the top manner.  In order to make the show interesting, they just need to keep the essence of first show which they have done by keeping the name and lead actors along with Kanha and spirituality factor.  But while majority of CB1 characters were likeable, here half of the characters are unlikeable and I don't include Shanti in it. 

Yes.......until the other characters are developed people will not get involved with the show. At this moment I don't want the TRPs to be that high...a decent one will do....this is the time to lay foundation to the story and not to chase after TRPs...if Zee could give their other shows time to build a story then they should also give this show the same oppurtunity.

They need to make it different by developing stories for side characters.  Mohini has no other thing to do except to follow Viraath and talk about him being the RP.  Padma and Amma have no work except to nod to Kabutarni and Kabutarni has nothing to do except curse her husband in her mind and think loudly about finding a puppet wife for Rohan.  Radhika's family have plenty to do in the meantime.  His brother has his side business and even the sister is interested in finding a guy.

Yes....and Radhikas family is entertaining to watch and one can connect with the characters..........one might like some and dislike some but the connection is there regarding Radhikas family....while the Purohits excepting for Dev are more or less a blank for me. 

Originally posted by neerjashingla

Was it not odd and fast in Radhika,s context as she met a stranger  (Dev ) first time ,and yes he helped her and she felt attraction to that stranger....Next day she is telling him that she feels there is connection between them....How come you say all this to a stranger when you know nothing about him.....Out spoken does not mean you blurt out  your thoughts in one meeting  as you know nothing about him , he may be stalker...Think this all about divine connection conversation .should have taken after few meetings..But Creatives does not have time as have to meet some deadline, so along with Dev Radhika moving  in fast lane....Yes agree with you Misti , Kanha .s factor  should not be  at every turnaround and  should not be turned in to a  character.....Angie as about M, s decision to get Rohan married is not a big thing in joint business family....there is nothing odd here,After senior RP she is the head of the family....That is another thing to find out if she forces Rohan to get married to the girl  of her choice....Then have to see the reaction of Padma.....Agree In PH there is not comfort level in Purohit house, as was in CB1 ,where you felt that you were in a family. atmosphere with all white ,black , grey colors....

Radhika waslike that as a child........she used to be quiet at home but with the kid Dev she was outspoken........thats what I saw in Radhika that she is quiet at home infront of the mother but she is talkative when she is with Dev....it is more to do with comfort level here. But you are right that they are running here..........they could have done all this slowly but since the channel wants to bring them together at the same time on the screen during holi they are doing all this.......its again hunt for TRPS.
Originally posted by anusha34

Thanks  Misti as usual liked your analyses & comments I love the way you explained  the  whole episode so hilariously  Bumbum's  journey with Phuljhari was funny & interesting  I loved  the silent  conversation  about  horsie  & kanha  πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£   I was  laughing  reading the  up date I couldn't  control  my laughing  MISTI  you are great may god bless you    

You are welcome anusha.....πŸ˜‰