India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

This show is just getting abusive

bips IF-Dazzler
bips
bips

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 8:13am | IP Logged
This is just getting abusive ................

........ banning phones, requiring 'permission' to go to a saloon, locking bahu in a dark room because she broke her vrat, not letting her participate in pooja, yelling and abusing all the time,

What is the show trying to portray ? That the "good" bahus are the ones that take all this crap with a happy face, who do everything after taking ijazzat from their saas, who have no life or interest beyond the rasoda and their saas's newest order ?

For the first time  , i got irritated while watching  the show ........ and angry too ...... This type of bahu-is-the-naukraani mentality needs to go ..........

i don't think i have watched any serial in recent time that has this type of nonsense going on ............ i mean, you see a lot of mother in laws on tv scheming and plotting ....... the standard evil types .......... but this kind of daily abuse, daily nags and all under the pretense of "teaching" the bahu, as if she is a dog that needs to be trained

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

akanksha76rekha_garg1pritiaggarwalmonalidpsunshine33mittusinghnaj7stranger11shaffa-Cinderella-Aanya.ShellJARafeal.

avivakirk IF-Sizzlerz
avivakirk
avivakirk

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 10:14am | IP Logged
There was abuse right from the beginning. Urmi putting soot over Gopi's face when Rashi was not chosen the bahu. The umpteen number of times Gopi got abused by Rash & Urmi,.What goes around comes around.At least Koki never hit Rashi. Rashi tried to burn the house down the cooker incident, playing her dirty tricks over the old punditji just to see Gopi hurt. If that's not abuse what is??/
 Admit taking over the phone is not good. The phone is the reason of all the troubles in that house.

Edited by avivakirk - 16 March 2011 at 10:16am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

jaanki_sakshi1monalidpCaramelxxhkhb17irene_cParamoreshobi12500ANJ4-Nafisa-

hkhb17 Goldie
hkhb17
hkhb17

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 10:44am | IP Logged
I think it is excellent that the phone has been taken. That has been Rashi's link to the 'evil' ever-plotting Urmila.

Completely agree what goes around comes around. Now is Rashi's turn to learn what it is like to being on the receiving end!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

jaanki_Caramelxxirene_cshobi12500avivakirk-Nafisa-

bips IF-Dazzler
bips
bips

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
But thats the point i am trying to make ............... i am NOT supporting rashi .......... Koki treats BOTH her bahus like crap

............ She is nice to Gopi only as long as Gopi listens to her and follows everything she says ........... if not, then Gopi too gets the same treatment ............. What has Gopi done to deserve it ?

She locked Gopi in the storeroom when she thought that gopi broke her fast .................. God!!!!!  ........ is it the middle ages ? ....... In fact i think this grounds for a police complaint ....

She stopped everyone from talking to her and didn't let her sit for the pooja over an absolute trivial thing

She treats everyone like shit but can't handle her own son ......... If she is so fair, then why didn't she stand up for gopi when aham wanted to throw her out after kinjal's wedding .......... Then she conveniently went mute ........ Why couldn't she tell aham that he has married gopi and he has to make this relationship work

bakrimonalidpnaj7shobi12500Rafeal.-Nafisa-

Bhumika18 Senior Member
Bhumika18
Bhumika18

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
@ Bips, I understand your point of view but I would have to say that even though I am in US I still tell my MIL where I am going. My MIL has never asked me where I am going but out to respect I tell her. I would obviously tell my husband as well.

I think Koki was simply telling Rashi that she should have the courstey to tell the one of MIL's that she will be going out to the salon and especially Koki since she is responsible for her. Yes, the whole think with Gopi in a store was sad and very extreme but I think today with the salon was a very valid point.

bakriCaramelxxhkhb17naj7avivakirk-Nafisa-

avivakirk IF-Sizzlerz
avivakirk
avivakirk

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Bips,

Admit that what u said about kokila is right.When it comes to her son she changes colours. She's the type of a domineering personality. In pointing out her flaws can we ignore her good ones? She took Gopi out of the living hell she was living in . Gave her jewels , sarees etc. If gopi could have been the smart one she should have  shared with koki her problems.You should see the joy in her when Gopi gets complimented.She meted out punishment towards her daughter too.(though harsh)
She has a big mouth but for her her family comes first. In the beginning itself Hetal warns rashi not to be affected by Koki's words. Though strict she has a heart of gold. We don't see her behaving like Rashi who doesn't care for anyone except her mother.Bahus also have responsibility towards ther inlaws family.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bakrihkhb17-Nafisa-

Caramelxx Senior Member
Caramelxx
Caramelxx

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hkhb17

I think it is excellent that the phone has been taken. That has been Rashi's link to the 'evil' ever-plotting Urmila.

Completely agree what goes around comes around. Now is Rashi's turn to learn what it is like to being on the receiving end!
I absolutely agree with you. I think now that Rashi's phone has been siezed, it might stop her and her mother from coniving n stuff. n maybe there would be some positive improvements in her character ( i think)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

hkhb17shobi12500avivakirk-Nafisa-

stranger11 Goldie
stranger11
stranger11

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
Although i hate all the things which are going on. I mean they are bahus of the house and they have the right to live as well
But i do get happy when all this happens to Rashi because this is the first time where the villian gets caught everytime she does something wrong and it comes out in front of everyone
but yeh they have to quit showing the extra interference that they keep showing
I mean fine just inform the elders that u will be going out to the salon or wttever But the whole phone bit was a little too much i mean rashi is not in high skool after all
This show is trying to portray that a good bahu is one who becomes a robot is a really bad idea. only gopi can do that because she has always been brought up like that

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

monalidp

Go to top