Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

upasana.diya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Brat bro... what you say about koki might be right and i won't want a mother in law like koki...
but i would rather have mother in law like koki than a daughter in law like Rashi... so there you go... Koki may be a tyrant but Rashi is evil... Rs. 3000 to plan her kalakaari's with her mom and Rs 5000 to recreate her worthless double-sided face.... wow... i would like to have that money here with me so i can do some shopping for my kid brothers
Edited by upasana.diya - 13 years ago
rsinging thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jake-neil

Rashi's phone bill came around Rs. 3000.. But why the fuss? Modi's are supposed to be billionaires rite? *pulls my hair out* ... And the way kokila was dictating duties to Rashi clearly stated that Rashi is considered even lower than a maid! Chee..chee..😡
The modi dnt even hav a washing machine...bah!

Rashi does not have a job and stays home. I dont think the amount is as much of an issues as the fact that she spends that much time on the phone and with who (Urmi) and why.  In addition she is treated by Koki that way Urmi and Rashi havealways treated Gopi.  I beleive the term is "what comes around goes around".   Rashi and Urmi got away with so much for so long, although Koki is over the top, I am enjoying Rashi suffer. Will she learn?  Probably not.  She is not embarrassed to take money from her husband to give to her mom for things that are not necessary, what a mom Urmi is.  No manners, no money, no class, no brain, no common sense.  Keeps us tuned in!!
br2499 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I cant believe that you gals actually side with a lady hitler😉.. Rashi is bad, greedy, evil and many more.. But kokila is not a good lady herself.. She is selfish dictator and treats everyone around her like dirt.. Would you like to hav a saas like kokila? Not me😉.. I prefer Hetal! If hetal was also a bit lyk koki, the modi family would have split long bak... And to answer why koki chose a poor gal for Ahem, simply because she needs someone who will listen and be a puppet under her.. Koki's sole aim in life is power to rule MM and she wish to do that through Ahem.. So if ahem had married any gal like Anita, kokila will not succeed in her aim.. So she chose a simpleton like Gopi.. But neither Ahem nor Gopi is happy and kokila isnt doing anythng to mend the bridge.. Shez happy with the situation as long as Gopi stays in MM as a maid and Ahem continues to be successful enterpreneur.. And that vachan, just for impressing nani.. Koki's every act until now had been selfish to the core, and i will never agree with her treatment towards her DILs..

Wow! Jake! you did it! you wrote a post that is spiralling out. Let me add my spices into this melting pot! 
In a joint family, children should respect both their parents and uncles and aunts and the adults have equal responsibility towards both their children and their nephews and nieces. This is the cardinal rule. If one adult is correcting a child's mistake, the other's should not interfere, irrespective of whose child it is. Otherwise, the family can never be together.  I say this because, I grew up in a joint family much bigger than the Modis (18 people) and much less richer than them.

As such there is nothing wrong in Kokila scolding Rashi for spending money in parlor or for her phone bill or making her do household work. There is also nothing wrong in a MIL scolding her DIL for her mistakes. Every family undergoes this power dynamics when there is a new DIL entering the house. 
But the context and the attitude is wrong here. Kokila scolds Rashi because she wants to put her down and not guide her. She doesnt scold/correct her son, who is nothing but a selfish spoilt brat. Rashi's mistakes (apparent ones) are not that bad as Aham's. But Kokila never allows anybody to even say a word to him whereas, she is the first to tease Jigar or scold Rashi for their mistakes. If Rashi is hurting Gopi, then Aham is doing so too, in a much larger scale. What about Kokila's part in hurting Gopi? Who will correct her for that?  I feel that Kokila's crime is worse than Urmila or Rashi's. At least, before her marriage to Aham, Gopi had some hopes and she could at least dream of a happily ever after. But Kokila has killed those hopes and destroyed those dreams. For all his faults, Aham might really love Anita and so cannot think of Gopi as a wife. What about Kinjal? Kokila has destroyed 4 lives with her attitude. But does she accept her mistake? Does she try to change this? Compared to this mistake, a Rs.5000/- bill is nothing. 

Kokila  just wants control and wants to show off. She is exactly like Rashi in this regard. Only difference is that Kokila does not go out of the way to hurt Hetal like Rashi does for Gopi. She does it only when she gets a chance. And, when it comes to a competition, Kokila generally does not play any underhanded games and puts everything in the open. Otherwise, she is as horrible as Urmila. 

BTW, none of the Modi's are honorable in that sense. They have no idea what is it to live as family. 

taral83 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I cant believe that you gals actually side with a lady hitler😉.. Rashi is bad, greedy, evil and many more.. But kokila is not a good lady herself.. She is selfish dictator and treats everyone around her like dirt.. Would you like to hav a saas like kokila? Not me😉.. I prefer Hetal! If hetal was also a bit lyk koki, the modi family would have split long bak... And to answer why koki chose a poor gal for Ahem, simply because she needs someone who will listen and be a puppet under her.. Koki's sole aim in life is power to rule MM and she wish to do that through Ahem.. So if ahem had married any gal like Anita, kokila will not succeed in her aim.. So she chose a simpleton like Gopi.. But neither Ahem nor Gopi is happy and kokila isnt doing anythng to mend the bridge.. Shez happy with the situation as long as Gopi stays in MM as a maid and Ahem continues to be successful enterpreneur.. And that vachan, just for impressing nani.. Koki's every act until now had been selfish to the core, and i will never agree with her treatment towards her DILs..

But this isn't about Koki and taking sides. Agree with what you said completely. But there are always two sides to a coin. And the other side to Koki is that yes she is mean, but she is a woman of principles and rules. Only because she is blunt doesn't make her wrong. The point Koki was making wasn't about the money, but more about wasting money. One Rashi had a phone bill that she could have easily avoided having. Second she took no ones permission to go to the parlor, and third Rashi picked a package that one does for a wedding. Everyday salon treatments like this??? and  that  too if twice a month, thats 100000 right there. And 120,000  for the YEAR!!!  So, y bring past into the argument Jake, when it has nothing to do with this discussion or are u desperately trying to find a way to save ur Rashi???😆😉 (we will eat her alive...muahhaahahahahah😈)
Edited by taral83 - 13 years ago
simibrar1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

i am happy that through this telephone bill3000 and parlour bill5000 rashi will be caught...and this way her tellephone goes to kokila and may be all mess which made by rashi and her mom will be stopped soon...about money......its a resation man😆....everybody think how to save money for future......but in case of rashi...she do chori and get money from household monthly money.....from which they get grocery....she gives dhokha to all family by getting cheap things...so kokila ji do the best....

MARHABAA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think Jake you need to stop looking @ Kokilas behaviour and start examining Rashi's maybe there may then be some light at the end of the tunnel with regards to why we are not up in arms to protect Rashi.😛

Rashi & Urmila are manipulators in every sense of the word ...so now Kokila is manipulating them ..simple😉

Run up the phone bill...go to parlour etc etc not a problem ....but there is a way and means to doing things and thats what Kokila is going to teach .😃

YAAH @ Kokila ...someone has to rein in Rashi and its never going to be dumbo Hetal and her son.
Rafeal. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@taralben
My thinking is entirely different.. Not that i dont save money, i do.. But imagine, i live like a miser and save all my money... And then one day i die in an accident. For whom did i save those money for? I believe in enjoy your life to the fullest, not at the expense of others but if we hav a wish lets enjoy it while we can.. Today without money only meditation is possible and we are no sage or maharshi😉.. I am not a big fan of Rashi the character but i cant support kokila in anway.. Infact never!
Rafeal. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@hben, i agree.. Kokila cant be supported just because, everybody hate Rashi.. I'm sure kokila is the reason Ahem treats Jigar inferior to him and doesnt respect his own father.. I cant find one reason to lyk koki
shruthi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

@hben, i agree.. Kokila cant be supported just because, everybody hate Rashi.. I'm sure kokila is the reason Ahem treats Jigar inferior to him and doesnt respect his own father.. I cant find one reason to lyk koki

bro woman particularly indian woman like a secure life. they want to have a husband who is able to support her. i feel kokila was forced to marry parag becos of their mother's friendship. for someone who had lived a comfortable life, have to get money from someone else is difficult. what respect does a man who has no work will get from his family. aham would have felt his mother's anguish so he has become hard hearted against his father. to be successful in life is important.
kokila is authoritative. spending 3000 is not a issue but for a phone calls to her mother to plan and gossip the happenings at MM is a waste. if rashi spends like this when she takes the household responsibility she will not have track of managing the accounts.
i think it is not insults when she refers to jigar r her husband. it is her frustration which comes out like that. if jigar was so sensitive he would have achieved better and avoided koki's taunts, since he never does it and rashi never listens to her advise why are you angry at koki?
elders always try to correct to youngsters, her nature is hard so she chooses the rough way.
is hetal able to change rashi with her sweet nature? no naa
you can never straighten a dogs tail, rashi is one.
saomom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: br2499

Wow Jake! Colin Firth! Bee kush hui! thank you ! thank you!
<long sigh>

I ditto the long sigh.... <SIGH>  

Hmmm....why do I only care about CF and not SNS?  Does it count that I miss you all?