Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

Dedications to Late Khaty Bhai Birthday Anniver (Page 46)

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 29 May 2011 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Aiya just share the cost of it. They cannot expect someone nit working to pay either. Them them the amount you can afford. Pay them back after you get a job.LOL
Or buy them presents later.
You need some money for India too.

My dadi is not the problem. Poor dadi will do everything herself. (I won't let her though!) She's even fine with ordering food from outside and having a few families over at her house because we don't really have time for a big party. 

My mom's masi is the one who I don't really know how to explain it to. She might take things the wrong way.

I actually wanted to save my money and give my parents cruise tickets. I think they'll like that more.

Edited by tulipbaby53 - 29 May 2011 at 10:27pm

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:06am | IP Logged
You can ask them for suggestions or have a discussion. But sometimes it gets so complicated. Still you need a budget but if they want more things then they will also want to share the cost.
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:09am | IP Logged
I think I'm going to call her and tell her there's not enough time for a party, and we can't do it the weekend before b/c my dad will be seeing my nana and nani at that time. Problem solved. I'll tell my dadi though we can do the lunch thing and order food to her house and have a few families over. That's more doable and nice too. 

i think I will do a party here maybe over the long weekend, but we'll see how the funds go LOL

Edited by tulipbaby53 - 30 May 2011 at 12:09am
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:19am | IP Logged

Yes it is not so easy to make everyone happy.

But it is the spirit that counts and so long as there are enough persons it will  be fun.

But they may ask you why ? So your answers must be well rehearsed. Tell them how much you can afford too, if they get too nosey.  LOL
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:27am | IP Logged
No, I don't want them to think money's the issue because then some might think I don't want to spend my money. I don't know. Sometimes relatives think up so many things...

Anyways, my parents would kill me if I threw them a party because they'd say I wasted money I could use for graduate school. I can already hear my dad saying that LOL
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

No, I don't want them to think money's the issue because then some might think I don't want to spend my money. I don't know. Sometimes relatives think up so many things...

Anyways, my parents would kill me if I threw them a party because they'd say I wasted money I could use for graduate school. I can already hear my dad saying that LOL
Ha ha, so what you think is best.
But you have already graduated.
Your dad does not want you to spend money unnecessarily too, he wants you to be responsible I guess.
I think normal food but with some cakes and flowers or simple presents would be more then enough.
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by tulipbaby53

Ha ha, so what you think is best.
But you have already graduated.
Your dad does not want you to spend money unnecessarily too, he wants you to be responsible I guess.
I think normal food but with some cakes and flowers or simple presents would be more then enough.

I have completed my Bachelor's, but I want to get my Master's degree. 

Yeah, my parents are not the problem. They are very simple and will appreciate anything. It's just some people's expectations. It's partially my mom's fault though b/c she celebrated by 16th birthday party there, and it was kinda grand! My mom's masi helped my mom book the hall and arrange stuff for it, so she was remembering all that and wanted to recreate that same atmosphere. Her thought is good, but she doesn't realize that my parents affordability and mine are different. LOL
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:57am | IP Logged
Ha Ha you are in a jam. Lucky you have plan A.
Also a good excuse to say there is not much time as you are all rushing to India, and there is much work to be finished.

Yes Masters is good for you , unless you want to work first.

Go to top