Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

Dedications to Late Khaty Bhai Birthday Anniver (Page 27)

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 4:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by tulipbaby53

Yes nice piece which I read before then Angie posted it again.
The power of words is unbelievable that is why they say The Name of God is as powerful as God Himself.
When Lord Krishna was on one side of the the weighing scale Rukmini lovingly placed a Tulsi leaf with the Lord Krishna's Name at the other end in order to outweigh Lord Krishna.
The Name of Rama is equivalent to Om.

That's not the power of words but the power of loveEmbarrassed

Yes love and Name or perhaps prayers.
God's Name is a priceless treasure. In Sikhism the NAM is highly praised too.
Even Himmy Bhai knows it "Nam hai Tera Tera"LOL

Name and Form are inseparable as they go together, our mind sees the form when Name is mentioned.

Yeah, they say even repeating God's name in love has a lot of power in it. 

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 4:52pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by tulipbaby53

Famous quote:

I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.

That's how I try to be too.

I saw this quote below the pic of Swami Vivekananda at the RKM.
I love Swami.

Yeah, there are many Swamis and Gurus that have a lot of good thing to share and tell us
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 5:00pm | IP Logged
The tested the power of prayers in water n found that its formation and structure changed. Saw on YouTube too.
In ancient times the rishis lived in simple food after offering prayers, they got all vitamins n minerals they needed.
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
Yeah, I think that's why you're not supposed to actually eat rich food or food with garlic and onions. I think it's because the tasty quality it brings to the food makes you attached to the food rather than just using food to be healthy and full. I don't know though...
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 5:34pm | IP Logged
They classify food into caterories n avoid rajasic n tamasic foods.
They take little salt too.
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
Yeah, each food you ate was with a purpose and there is a balance that one must have when eating foods. Like the Chinese Yin-Yan 
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 6:42pm | IP Logged
Yes some treat food like medicine and control themselves. For spiritual life food regulation is a must becoz too much food makes us sleepy n lazy.
For young people eat n sweat it out.
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Yeah, sometimes I feel food just goes through me LOL Like I never ate LOL You're right though, too much food is not good for the mind because it interferes with focus, and usually people can develop greed and a lack of self-control from too much overeating.

Oh it was kind of interesting today though. One of our very close family friends (he's basically like my grandfather) had read a story out of "The Gospels of Hare Krishna". I didn't catch the title, and I asked him for the title of the book. It comes in two volumes or in one big book it what he explained to me. I'd like to get this book because the excerpt he read from it was interesting. As I'm typing I have seemed to forgot what he read though! LOL I must get that book. 

When asking for the book title he gave me another book and told me to read an article from it, and it was few pages, so I read it there only. It was really interesting and simply put about the soul, the body, and the way. The soul never dies, so the concept of "rebirth" is wrong because neither the spirit or original body is reborn. Also, it referred to the body as a vehicle to guiding you Home (to God). It was also interesting because it said that we keep coming back until we find the right way, and once we find the right way, we're sent back to help others find the right way. We are only not sent back once there's no one to bring back (like everyone has found the way). Just a few pages long, but it was really interesting! I don't remember the title of this book though unfortunately!!

It was interesting talking to him too, and he told me he can help me with meditating because I expressed to him that I feel like I'm doing it all wrong because nothing happens. He told I need to focus on the divinity in me. He did stress though that he's not a master, but he can help here and there. I also know that too, but it's good to know. He says talking about God makes him feel good, so he doesn't mind answering any questions I might have. It's good to know this. He also did tell me the only way of growing spiritually is through meditation. 

Oh wow! I wrote an essay here! LOL 

Go to top