Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

Dedications to Late Khaty Bhai Birthday Anniver (Page 10)

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 28 April 2011 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

A living Guru is very useful especially for those who are in the initial stages. Later the Guru expects you to be more independent.

Swami Rama, would sometimes leave his body and visit his Guru too. So when the disciples came to his room, they found that he was not around. It happened on Guru Purnima Day.
Eventhough they are very advanced they still love their Guru very much. The relationship dates back to many lives.

I did not think about that! I know I'm dependent on my Guru for everything. LOL Actually, I'm even dependent on my parents for many things too still...

Oh really? I didn't know that. 

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 28 April 2011 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

A living Guru is very useful especially for those who are in the initial stages. Later the Guru expects you to be more independent.

Swami Rama, would sometimes leave his body and visit his Guru too. So when the disciples came to his room, they found that he was not around. It happened on Guru Purnima Day.
Eventhough they are very advanced they still love their Guru very much. The relationship dates back to many lives.

I did not think about that! I know I'm dependent on my Guru for everything. LOL Actually, I'm even dependent on my parents for many things too still...

LOLLOL

Ah parents are the first Gurus.
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 28 April 2011 at 8:42pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by tulipbaby53

LOLLOL

Ah parents are the first Gurus.

I believe that for sure! It's because of my mom that I have any connection with my Guru or faith. If she did not teach us about it, then we'd never know living here. 
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 28 April 2011 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
Ah you are lucky to have responsible parents.

Deep within us our soul will always search for God and will never rest. There may be worldly distractions but still the soul will seek the Divine.
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 28 April 2011 at 9:10pm | IP Logged

Ah you are lucky to have responsible parents.

Deep within us our soul will always search for God and will never rest. There may be worldly distractions but still the soul will seek the Divine.

That's true. 
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 29 April 2011 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
Something interesting from Nisargadatta
You are not what you take yourself to be. Find out who you really are by trying to remember the source of the individual "I". The outgoing mind is turned inward in trying to contemplate and discover the source of the "I". Stop at "I am" and feel your existence and try to recall who your real self is.

The 'I am' has great potency, the entire manifestation has come from it. Go to the 'I am' state, remain there, merge, and go beyond.
Just observe the tremendous potential of the 'I am', it has kept the whole world running, the entire manifestation has come from it, its perpetual stubbornness is astonishing. To be free from it you have to understand it in its utmost purity and then meditate on it for a reasonable amount of time. The intensity of your meditation should be such that you totally become one with the 'I am'. Then a moment would come when it would merge in itself and you would go beyond into your being which is the Absolute or the 'Parabrahman'.
You are not whom you take yourself to be.

Edited by Summer3 - 29 April 2011 at 5:58pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tulipbaby53

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 30 April 2011 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
That's really interesting and deep stuff! I have not thought about that either. Thinking beyond I and think of "I am". Interesting!!
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 30 April 2011 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
Yes I only heard about Nisargadatta Maharaj quite recently. There are many books etc about him too. Watch some of his vids too on YouTube.
Imagine he was just a humble beedi seller, yet he suddenly realized the Truth within 3 years, in his mid 30s.
All he did was listen to the Guru's instruction to contemplate on "I am".
Check out this video on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G7d526eB5A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Go to top