Please write your comments in English - Page 4

Posted: 13 years ago
thanks for reminding us ๐Ÿ˜ƒ sometimes we get tooo carried away in our emotions that we forget that we also have members here who are non hindi speakers
Originally posted by undisclosed

no offense taken ๐Ÿ˜Š...i really appreciate you making this post...i also didn't want any one to feel bad...i was very happy at the possitive response that everyone gave...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Thank you for understanding me.
Point taken even though 95% of my comments are in English anyway lol. I think sometimes some things are better said in Hindi.

Also, let's not forget that the show is in Hindi too and as far as I am aware there are no English subtitles so it's an easy assumption to make that most people who watch the show understand Hindi. I can understand that it may not be easy for you to read comments in Hindi but don't forget there are people on this forum whose first language is not English, so they find it easier to speak Hindi and I don't think they should be forced to speak in English if they are not comfortable speaking it.
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Point taken even though 95% of my comments are in English anyway lol. I think sometimes some things are better said in Hindi.

Also, let's not forget that the show is in Hindi too and as far as I am aware there are no English subtitles so it's an easy assumption to make that most people who watch the show understand Hindi. I can understand that it may not be easy for you to read comments in Hindi but don't forget there are people on this forum whose first language is not English, so they find it easier to speak Hindi and I don't think they should be forced to speak in English if they are not comfortable speaking it.

Couldn't have put that better myself! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Chelsha, I do agree with you that we have a lot of non-hindi speakers. And like hindu4lyf, my comments tend to be in English. But every now and again, I feel the need to slip in a bit of hindi, for humour's sake or simply because it sounds better. But I'll definitely take your point on board. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by Nikhi... - 13 years ago
I know how you feel ๐Ÿ˜†. Although I do understand the language perfectly, I struggle so badly when I try to read them. No joke, it takes me ten minutes to successfully understand what the member is trying to say. But I agree with Hindu4lyf, some people may not be able to fluently speak or write in English, so that has to be taken into consideration too. ๐Ÿ˜›
Even for fluent hindi speaker/readers/writers like I , its strenous to read an entire post(more than 3 sentences) in hindi... but like others have said, some members find it easy and convenient.. 

so do what I do , try and steer away from those posts๐Ÿ˜†. .. there are more than enuff posts/comments in english here๐Ÿ˜ณ.. actually more than what you may want to read sometimes๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by Chelsha

@ undisclosed and all other friends
I know Some quotes n proverbs in a particular language can never be expressed in some other language so effectively. But some simple sentences can be written in any language. At times we use Hindi even for simple sentences. That can be minimised in favour of our friends. Thats what i meant. I sincerely say i didn't mean anything to create hassle or to curb peoples freedom and fun. So plz don't take me wrong my dear friends.
1.When our buddies search for written updates just to know what Maan n Geet said, i wonder where could they go to know the meaning of some of the topics and comments which are mostly written in Hindi.
2. Its not possible for any of us to master a languge within a short period of time that too when we are in an atmosphere where in noway its possible to learn that particular language.
So to help our friends only i made this topic.
If anybody felt that it would destroy the fun element, i'm really sorry for it n apologise to u all.

Hi Chelsha
I just want to thank u for thinking about us (non-hindi fans)...and ur right...when i see some posts that seem to be interesting but written in hindi....i wonder what could it possible be...i'm not against hindi posts as everyone is entitled to express the way they want but it will be so nice if they could also give  an english  translation...thanx again for ur post
Originally posted by mayadika11

same here...

Thank you friends.
@ hindu4lyf
Oh dear i love n respect your views. Though my topic title is 'plz give ur comments in English' to catch ur attention, i didn't mean an entire post or comment should be in English only. Thats why i used the phrase'use English to YOUR UTMOST POSSIBLITY' That 'your utmost possiblity' depends on EACH INDIVIDUAL in the forum. Any little bit of English they try to write is enough n appreciable taking the non-Hindi speakers into consideration.
Plz understand me that i didn't mean any forcible use of English here n if it felt so i'm sorry for that

Edited by Chelsha - 13 years ago
when i was writing my post i remembered u so made it strictly in english๐Ÿ˜†