India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Old School Remedy

undisclosed IF-Addictz
undisclosed
undisclosed

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 9:06pm | IP Logged

in these days when one does not feel well we tend to consult a doctor...there was a time however, that the one who knew the best remedy was the older ones in the family...they still know some good remedies especially when you have a cold...but i wonder about Dadi's remedy for what is ailing Geet...it is an old school remedy...it seems that there is a rush for Geet to become her old self again...but why?...i guess this was what had to happen when Dadi was a young woman...one couldn't dwell on or maybe even share there pain...today we have tons of books and everyone wants to talk about what is troubling them...but Dadi's remedy is to forget and move on...which would you recommend: Dad's old school remedy or the modern train of thought? 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jaswgauranitaiNeha179

nishi_I-fian IF-Rockerz
nishi_I-fian
nishi_I-fian

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
i'm with dadi...
Me too wanna see geet in old flavour...
Move on geet...plz dear...we can't see u both in so much pain

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Neha179undisclosed

undisclosed IF-Addictz
undisclosed
undisclosed

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by geet06

i'm with dadi...
Me too wanna see geet in old flavour...
Move on geet...plz dear...we can't see u both in so much pain

i want geet to overcome this trauma...what do you think about dadi's approach?
jasw Goldie
jasw
jasw

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
It's a very good point, undisclosed... whether to

1) forget and move ahead with everyday work or
2) discuss the sad issue, stay in that moment longer 

I think it's more of individual mechanism how one deals with sad happenings! Actually it should be a combination of both. Lingering to sad memories for a longer period would cause sadness and depression, at the same time one should not be in a tearing hurry to embrace the 1st option too, which Daadi seems to advocate. One should give little time to overcome the grief! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

undisclosed

undisclosed IF-Addictz
undisclosed
undisclosed

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jasw

It's a very good point, undisclosed... whether to

1) forget and move ahead with everyday work or
2) discuss the sad issue, stay in that moment longer 

I think it's more of individual mechanism how one deals with sad happenings! Actually it should be a combination of both. Lingering to sad memories for a longer period would cause sadness and depression, at the same time one should not be in a tearing hurry to embrace the 1st option too, which Daadi seems to advocate. One should give little time to overcome the grief! 

yes, i was thinking the same thing a little bit of old mixed with new remedy...
roseinbloom IF-Sizzlerz
roseinbloom
roseinbloom

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 10:12pm | IP Logged
Sylvia .. I felt really irked at how fast Daadima seemed to take things. Yes Maaneet need to become normal and happy again .. but she is not allowing them to heal properly. Healing takes time, and Maaneet should be together to heal. Forcing them to stay apart isn't going to help the process.

But Geet should be allowed some time to settle herself .. as it just happened to her a day ago.. so she can't jump up and say "Let's go shopping!" ... that was really irking me. I understand Daadima but at the same time want her to take things slowwwwwww.

Z

undisclosed

undisclosed IF-Addictz
undisclosed
undisclosed

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 10:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mk.Gh

Sylvia .. I felt really irked at how fast Daadima seemed to take things. Yes Maaneet need to become normal and happy again .. but she is not allowing them to heal properly. Healing takes time, and Maaneet should be together to heal. Forcing them to stay apart isn't going to help the process.

But Geet should be allowed some time to settle herself .. as it just happened to her a day ago.. so she can't jump up and say "Let's go shopping!" ... that was really irking me. I understand Daadima but at the same time want her to take things slowwwwwww.

Z
hey z!...yes i found it pretty brash...my mother always tells me stories about my grandmother and  how ladies of that generation just moved on faster because they had to...i think dadi is trying to apply this school of though...but it defenitely does not work for our generation...we understand that there is a process that has to be respected...maan should be close to geet for a few days..
Eccentric.Being IF-Rockerz
Eccentric.Being
Eccentric.Being

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 3:18am | IP Logged
I think, grieving 4 sometime is better than moving instantly over it. When it comes later, it hits harder. Grieving now will give strength later.

undisclosed

Go to top