undisclosed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

in these days when one does not feel well we tend to consult a doctor...there was a time however, that the one who knew the best remedy was the older ones in the family...they still know some good remedies especially when you have a cold...but i wonder about Dadi's remedy for what is ailing Geet...it is an old school remedy...it seems that there is a rush for Geet to become her old self again...but why?...i guess this was what had to happen when Dadi was a young woman...one couldn't dwell on or maybe even share there pain...today we have tons of books and everyone wants to talk about what is troubling them...but Dadi's remedy is to forget and move on...which would you recommend: Dad's old school remedy or the modern train of thought? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nishi_I-fian thumbnail
i'm with dadi...
Me too wanna see geet in old flavour...
Move on geet...plz dear...we can't see u both in so much pain

undisclosed thumbnail
Originally posted by: geet06

i'm with dadi...
Me too wanna see geet in old flavour...
Move on geet...plz dear...we can't see u both in so much pain

i want geet to overcome this trauma...what do you think about dadi's approach?
jasw thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
It's a very good point, undisclosed... whether to

1) forget and move ahead with everyday work or
2) discuss the sad issue, stay in that moment longer 

I think it's more of individual mechanism how one deals with sad happenings! Actually it should be a combination of both. Lingering to sad memories for a longer period would cause sadness and depression, at the same time one should not be in a tearing hurry to embrace the 1st option too, which Daadi seems to advocate. One should give little time to overcome the grief! 

undisclosed thumbnail
Originally posted by: jasw

It's a very good point, undisclosed... whether to

1) forget and move ahead with everyday work or
2) discuss the sad issue, stay in that moment longer 

I think it's more of individual mechanism how one deals with sad happenings! Actually it should be a combination of both. Lingering to sad memories for a longer period would cause sadness and depression, at the same time one should not be in a tearing hurry to embrace the 1st option too, which Daadi seems to advocate. One should give little time to overcome the grief! 

yes, i was thinking the same thing a little bit of old mixed with new remedy...
roseinbloom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Sylvia .. I felt really irked at how fast Daadima seemed to take things. Yes Maaneet need to become normal and happy again .. but she is not allowing them to heal properly. Healing takes time, and Maaneet should be together to heal. Forcing them to stay apart isn't going to help the process.

But Geet should be allowed some time to settle herself .. as it just happened to her a day ago.. so she can't jump up and say "Let's go shopping!" ... that was really irking me. I understand Daadima but at the same time want her to take things slowwwwwww.

Z
undisclosed thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mk.Gh

Sylvia .. I felt really irked at how fast Daadima seemed to take things. Yes Maaneet need to become normal and happy again .. but she is not allowing them to heal properly. Healing takes time, and Maaneet should be together to heal. Forcing them to stay apart isn't going to help the process.

But Geet should be allowed some time to settle herself .. as it just happened to her a day ago.. so she can't jump up and say "Let's go shopping!" ... that was really irking me. I understand Daadima but at the same time want her to take things slowwwwwww.

Z

hey z!...yes i found it pretty brash...my mother always tells me stories about my grandmother and  how ladies of that generation just moved on faster because they had to...i think dadi is trying to apply this school of though...but it defenitely does not work for our generation...we understand that there is a process that has to be respected...maan should be close to geet for a few days..
Eccentric.Being thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I think, grieving 4 sometime is better than moving instantly over it. When it comes later, it hits harder. Grieving now will give strength later.
bobby13rocks thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Hope Geet comes to her usual self soon...Dadi's remedy may look somewhat super fast but prolonged grief-striken is also not bearable....so I choose the midway out for Geet to come out of this trauma...& its Maan who'll definitely gonna help her out of depression....
drdee142 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Well it all depends from person to person but such a deep loss and pain cannot be forgotten in a day.

Yes her effort in trying to make things as normal as possible and get Maan engrossed in work is good. Also as we saw in the precap getting Maan to make Geet react to a daily routine also see to elicit a proper response from Geet that means it'll work. But hated how she was trying to get Geet to go shopping, that definitely was insensitive and not right.

But there also needs to be some grieving, Maaneet have to face the situation, grieve for the loss and work on the healing process without brooding or overdwelling on the matter. So basically it's a balance between old school and new remedies.

Old school is the voice of experience but sometimes it's more basic and outdated so we need to balance it with the new which a tried and improved version of the old school.

Sorry for rambling but speaking from my experience 😊