Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Half-siblings do not donate bone marrow!!

excelsa7 Groupbie
excelsa7
excelsa7

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 3:57pm | IP Logged
WOuld just like to add that I saw someone was suggesting that there may be a possibility that Vaishali's child could end up donating bone marrow to Varun. This is NOT POSSIBLE... the probability that even siblings with the same parents being a match is not great - ie. quite LOW - therefore it is practically UNHEARD of HALF-SIBLINGS being able to provide for a bone marrow transplant. This is simply incorrect and if the CV's develop this track it will be nothing short of INASNE and unrealistic !!!

Edited by excelsa7 - 15 March 2011 at 4:47pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Jasmine10PEWINDJaishankarbhavni88koolsadhu1000Dabulls23

koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 4:03pm | IP Logged
Thats the reason I asked the question in my commentary .Coz they show ANY BULL . In ALL ekta shows . bone marrow donation is a CONFIRMED track .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

PEWIND

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
Yep CVs would show any BS and janta will digest...But atleast most of us forum people won't Embarrassed
This is what I found out on Bone Marrow Match-Transplant..

Haploidentical

Many patients in need of a transplant will not have a matched family member or unrelated donor. A protocol developed at the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center in 2000 has shown that half-identical, or haploidentical, related donors can be performed with similar outcomes to that seen with matched transplants. All parents and children, and about half of siblings, are half matches. The ability to perform haploidentical transplants has revolutionized BMT, so that almost everyone now needing a transplant can get one. This approach developed at Johns Hopkins is now being studied at most of the major transplant centers around the country.

Bottom line:

While not all half-siblings--or full siblings for that matter--will be HLA-matched, if the patient's half-brother is HLA-matched and healthy enough to donate, he may be a viable donor.

Read more: Can half-brothers donate bone marrow? | Answerbag http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1978249#ixzz1Gi43s2CO

Edited by Dabulls23 - 15 March 2011 at 4:25pm

excelsa7

excelsa7 Groupbie
excelsa7
excelsa7

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
Yep ... lets hope that if the CVs have access to this information that they don't get confused about the term 'half-identical matches' (also from siblings and with the same parents BUT much less likely from a half-sibling)  and think it refers specifically to half-siblings!

Edited by excelsa7 - 15 March 2011 at 4:45pm

Dabulls23

excelsa7 Groupbie
excelsa7
excelsa7

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

Thats the reason I asked the question in my commentary .Coz they show ANY BULL . In ALL ekta shows . bone marrow donation is a CONFIRMED track .
Such idiots!!
LovePRSoham IF-Rockerz
LovePRSoham
LovePRSoham

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 7:39pm | IP Logged
Yes even I have heard about this.. It is very rare that it gets matched even from same parents.. But Ekta shows have always used this concept very well.. I feel atleast now CV's should show some reality..
bhavni88 IF-Dazzler
bhavni88
bhavni88

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 7:57pm | IP Logged
what can we expect from these cvs???....

they never end tracks...

just copy from prev zee shows...Angry
Kalapi IF-Dazzler
Kalapi
Kalapi

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 8:39pm | IP Logged
thank God u posted this important fact...was going to do so myself...

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index