Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

India-Forums

Mistis thoughts-15th March 2011 (Page 4)

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 8:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by neerjashingla

Liked your comments Misti.Angie..... Radhika and shanti  are keeping distance with each other and are  comfortable in their own place....As for Shanti,s blabbering  that is the part and parcel of her character as it goes on with her own kids....Do not find any thing wrong in her worries about Radhika.s going to college....Is it because somewhere she cares for her,otherwise she would not have cared....Chhenu appears to be positive , lovable character....

Shanti is a stepmother and behaving like one.......in real life also sometimes step mothers give preference to their own birth child than the other child..........that does not mean that she does not love the other child but the love is a bit different.

..I agree with Challov about Purohit Family.......If M was shown irritated about the delay in RP,s medicine that can also be taken as her worry about his health, and why anybody should doubt her.....Earlier her all frustrations were because of property then why she should  not be calm now as things are under her control , going her way as she planned....If Mahant shows her displeasure about Virat,s  behavior then he himself can be blamed for that as M knows he is not  future RP....Why the Muthh people should have their doubts as Dev is doing all the  work very well on his Badi ma ,s behest...

Again since this change in Maheshwaris character is extremely strange for me.......until they show that she is slipping and has slipped in the past 12 years and others keeping quiet about it but now grumbling........Maheshwari does not make sense to me. Just because the makers have suddenly decided to change her without logically showing the change, they cannot expect me to accept it........it is the makers responsibility to convince the audience not the audience responsibilty to guess their way through undecided screenplay.  Yes she lashes out when things are not going her way.....earlier she used to lash out for her greed and now she is lashing out because she realised that if the medicine is not given on time then her game will be out.......and that is my point..her lashing out........so she must have lashed when things are not going her way in the 12 years something related to her greed which she keeps hidden.....Regarding Mahant ...do you mean mahant will be blamed for the displeasure or Virath.......the reason why I said that about Virath because openly ridiculing Virath is a big thing.......the small mistakes of Maheshwari can irritate people but they need something big to openly show their displeasure and the open humiliation of the mahant can do that.  

.Rohan Dev,s Relationship  seems to be quite good,Dev seems to be close to him...May be after holi  focus will be on Purohit Family and Rashmi will be introduced that time.....If their each characters are developed properly then they will have many tracks to weave their story around.....In CB1 Dev fell in love with Radhika,when he first saw her....After that it was she for him for ever without knowing her name....It was not his infatuation that time as Angie says....Yes she was nameless face. with whom he fell in love....This time also Love can be for Dev , but for Radhika it can be so soon, yes attraction can be....Creatives should go slow on Radhika,s track of falling in love, as it will be too soon and  not be convincing....Give them time to flourish their friendship in to love with all  the lighter moments  weaved in.... .Its pleasure to go through your and Angie.s discussions....Liked today's  episode, Dev again  with his Innocent smile.....

Regarding CB,1 I am with Angie .....I also think that he was mesmerised with Radhika.....I mean when he first saw her and he fell in love with the image of this girl but truthfully fell in love later when Radhika came to live in PB.....Dev wanted to marry Radhika because of this love for this image and he wanted her as his own..........Here what I am seeing is a lonely young man....who is surrounded by people but cannot form a connection.......his painting....playing flute and statues shows that he is basically solitary.............his sketches with no faces shows to me that he is searching for that face...........and now he thinks that he has found the face which might complete the image....so for me at this moment this is not real love........

Edited by misti73 - 16 March 2011 at 8:28am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sigridAngie12Neerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 8:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Radev_AvinaFan

thanks

You are welcome.
misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by radha_bilahari

Misti,

First thanks for your comments and thoughts.
You are welcome Radha.

I do get the feeling after seeing last week and this week that there is definitely a change in the story-line from what was told originally.  Till Radhika moves to Mathura permanently  I dont think PB members will come into the picture.  The first week was more or less an intro of the new members.
Yes but they again did an introduction of the Purohits without having any clear cut idea regarding their characterisation. I mean that if they wanted to just concentrate on Radhikas family........then there was not need to bring all the characters in PB together in the hall nodding their heads. 

From the POV of the story there have been a few hints dropped here and there which gives me afeeling of what the next track is likely to be.
Dev confiding to his dadaji about this DG was fun but the poor old man has to live with one more secret pertaining to Dev.  I am curious to know if Dev will get to introduce Radhika to Daima on Holi.  That is one thing which can open up the track.  After this if BB selects Radhika as a probable candidate for Rohan to marry, I wonder if Daima will have a role to play to dissuade Padma from accepting this proposal for her son considering the background of Radhika.  she can also play the game having in mind Mohini's bg. and the wife selection for Viraat and why it should be any different for Rohan?Let us see how this shapes up.
Interesting and good scenario. Wouldn't mind seeing that.

Shanthi had one dialogue last week ---she was asking her husband why he is keen on getting Radhika married only to a brahmin boy, and she also asked him whether the boy whom Radhika married was a brahmin?  there is scope here for potential track, if Dev comes to ask for Radhika's hand in marriage to which Shanthi is likely to say no because his bg is unknown thus prompting Dev to go in search of his real family.
Yes ....possible.......

BB has already set the ball rolling by preparing Dev to be the RP.  She will once again be instrumental in getting Dev and Radhika together.  If this story is also based on the Kanha aspect this will be divine justice for having pushed the old man down the stairs.
Yes but Kanha also gave actual justice and retribution did happen.........so I want devine justice plus societies rules to be followed and shown as a punishment regarding pushing a man down the stairs and injecting him with drugs.....just devine justice has no interest for me.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

radha_bilaharisigridAngie12Neerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 8:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gardes

Mishti, I have not watched CB2 this week and have read your thoughts off and on in the past month.  I have read comments from forumers who are getting upset when CB2 is compared to CB1, so I will not elaborate -  I have not found much difference in the story so far other than the replacements and juggling of characters.

You have watched daily and expressed your thoughts quite eloquently each day.  Can you explain to me what I should be looking for that is different here than in CB1 for me to continue watching the show or following the story?

In CB1 there were good players in both households (I am talking of the time prior to the Abhay debacle).

What about CB2?  Only Radhika's family holds some interest for me.  Dev's family is so chopped up, the logical flow stopped when BB pushed Dadaji.  All the others shrunk their brains from lack of use during the 12 years prior to the leap and went into a coma during that time.  How can they reconstitute their brains to move the story forward?

Any insight would be helpful.

Gardes first I am not going to tell anyone whether they should watch any show or not.

As for CB2.....I find it very strange when people say that one should not compare CB2 with CB1. Since until now the essence of the show is the same, comparisons will come...and the makers should accept it. If they did not want any comparison then they should have made a show on a different concept. For me on paper CB2 is a different version of CB1....at this point there are more similarites than difference.

As for the Purohits.......thats a mess and again this happens when one makes a show without having any definite screenplay ready. They were  just interested in TRPs and lets see whether they wake up now and realise that without a screenplay and strong characterisation..............without letting the audience get attached to the characters and I mean the main characters and not just the leads.....however good Avinash and Rubina are.........and however much the audience loves them, it will become very difficult for the show to survive....and again it will not be Avinash or Rubinas fault but the fault of the production house and the channel.

I forgot to mention thanks before for appreciating what write....sorry about that.

Edited by misti73 - 16 March 2011 at 3:26pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ChinadollTwo..yajnaseni..gardessigridNeerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 9:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chalhov

Dev is close to Rohan but this sharing of secrets from Devs side I found very innocent and kiddish........as if he has found something and he is just waiting to share this with hisfriend......maybe I have to know more f Rohan to decide on this relationship.......and they have not shown Rohans POV because most probably  they are not sure how they are going to use him.

Misti yes Rohans POV is not given but Dev seems ok and comfortable with him he may be disillusioned in future I dont know as I feel he is a cat on the wall and may jump whichever side is beneficial for him and he uses/misuses Dev's name

Yes regarding Rohan and if Dev is disillusioned then that can be shown as his character groW*H.....

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 9:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ChinadollTwo

Musti - Thanks for your analysis of Dev. I think you are spot on that he's craving 'Love' and emotional support as he's supposedly an orphan. Loved the interaction with Sr.Purohit. Dev was honest and open with Sr.Purohit, even as a child. He has that special bond with him.

As for amma, the least I see of her, the better for me. If she's not playing an important role, they need to get rid of her ASAP.

As for Ashanti, she was vindictive... she knew what she was doing. This sudden need to take both her kids shopping! I'm glad that now Radhika has the opportunity to be alone with her
KK.

Being the Weaver's 'daughter' has it's advantages .. she gets to wear beautiful vibrant clothes   LOL

You are welcome CD.

As Angie pointed out Dev does not have a Mansaram in his life and he has grown up without that love that a child needs so he is bound to be searching for that love. Unfortunately I think amma is going to be pivotal character so we are both stuck with her.........Shanti is a typical stepmother and she is behaving true to her characterisation.........she tries to manipulate Radhika but her husband blocks it. Ahh the beautiful clothes........well there has to be some advantage.Wink 

Angie12

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by misti73

Then finally Radhika chooses Dev over rituals and actually confesses that a marriage is useless and can not be considered valid if it is with somebody whom she doesn't love. 

Will they show that or will it reduce Radhika's "fidelity" in eyes of writers?  I will go with the second option if I look at their history.  Will be pleasantly surprised if they go with the first option. 
Yes regarding this part but not too sure about "that a marriage is useless and can not be considered valid if it is with somebody whom she doesn't love."....Main reason is that in India arranged marriages do happen and they are not based on love..........sometimes love develops later but sometimes people stay married out of respect....so I don't know whether the makers will make Radhika say that.......Thats why maybe they might let Radhika realise in some way that Dev is that husband and give that as a reason for Radhikas refusal for Rohan even after she gets engaged to Rohan.  I will be pleasantly surprised if they show Radhika choosing Dev based on love or listening to her heart where Kanha in her resides and not her head where the thoughts of society live. The main reaosn for me saying is because I am getting a feeling that spiritualism has a different meaning to the makers.
The makers seem to be calling ritualism as spiritualism and their idea of divine connection is the speedy track love affair they are showing. 

I understand about the arranged marriage part that love comes later.  But it is different the way they are showing Radhika's feelings.  She felt connected to this boy in the childhood and they became instant friends.  Both were protective of each other and had a lot of fun together.  I am not sure if Radhika would have wanted to believe in that "accidental" marriage if she hadn't like Bumbumbhole Dev. 

Now she is getting strongly attracted to adult Dev who in turn is totally infatuated with her and is not making any secret of his feelings.  So when they show her agreeing to marry Rohan in an adult ceremony thinking that he was Kishn Kanhiya,  they will show her conflict where she won't feel anything for Rohan and feel drawn towards Dev.  So that's why I want her to be the one to tell her father eventually after a lot of mental conflicts and confusion that she can't marry Rohan as she has feelings for Dev.  So in that sense her marriage to somebody with whom she feels no connection is not valid in that sense.  Or that her love for Dev is so strong that she chooses him over her beliefs.  But that love should be strong only when she interacts more with him at a more real level or not just at a superficial level they are doing now.  Currently their interaction is just a strong attraction that people feel for each other without knowing them properly and are not deep feelings that one develops when the respect and caring for each other comes too.

I just hope they don't show those repeated scenes from CB1 where the marriage is about to happen and it is with Dev at the last minute due to some physical intervention of Kanha or there is confusion who is Radhika's husband in the eyes of the society as it happened with Vishaka.  If that happens,  the audience would go away as nobody wants to see the exact CB1.

Yes and I was thinking that the scene that you spoke about before can be used later.........I mean if they show Radhika retracting and getting confused.........she might avoid Dev who will be searching for her in Rawal...........because he knows that she is from Rawal. 
You are more than likely correct.  They would like to  use that scene as it one of the outdoor scene that can be used for Rawal setting.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

misti73Neerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 9:17am | IP Logged
 Thanks Misti for your practical analysis, which i lack.....I am not a practical person, that's  why love to  read your thoughts about the situations and characters.....

misti73

Go to top