Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

India-Forums

Mistis thoughts-15th March 2011 (Page 3)

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 2:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tiya229

hey nice analysis... 

Thanks.

Radhika's characterisation is wierd. why isnt a woman, who refuses to marry anyone owing to the childhood mistake, dreaming of DEV who she doesnt know? why is she shown infactuated with a stranger when she is so pure and waiting for her kishen kanaya? golmaal hai sab golmaal hai. i think there is a confusion between writers here. 

they want to show radhika smitten by Dev and vice-versa due to Divine powers and what not, but thy ALSO want to show her devoted to the "husband". isnt that a contradiction in itself? 
ideally, a married woman WOULD keep her distance with a man who is a stranger and she doesnt know

Radhikas part is ok for me now....but there is a change in her characterisation....I will come to that later.......Now regarding Radhika she has been dreaming about this guy since the time that village pandit told her that she is now married to her kishn kanhhaiya......she has been ritually putting sindoor based on her fear that something will happen to him if she does not.......she cannot share her feelings regarding this "husband" with anyone (other than her father) because of her mother....he father is also a simple man who has accepted what the priest has told him......To me Radhika is not perfect..........she is a girl who has been in a dream world about this guy since childhood and has clung to that dream so much that now the dream is a big part of her........she believes that Kanha gives her signs. She went to the temple before going to college and the priest told her that the day is auspicious and the first thing that struck her was.......will she meet her Kishn Kahnhaiya........then she misses her boat and this guy comes and helps her.......she starts liking him .....and then she again goes back to her kanha and asks him whether there is something.....I mean she is connecting the morning temple visit with this guy and she also feels a sort of connection. I will prefer that she does not fall in love at the drop of a hat..........but retracts after some time, becomes aloof and shows confusion regarding whether this guy is really her kishn kanhaiya. (I am not talking about the precap here........I will discuss about that when I will watch the show today.) 
As for the writers......there has been a change in the creative team and this change happened after the leap. ...so the change in the possible development of the child characters and what they are showing now might be due to that change. More than Radhika the biggest change for me has been the character of the badi bahu.......from hot tempered, egoist, reactive person she has become a cool tempered expert manipulator.  

.Dev WILL be Raj Purohit and the tevars of the badi-bahu and beta WILL change to please dev. why didnt Dev notice that dadaji touched his hand BEFORE the medication was given?? usually he is a statue. 
Dev....... he is not thinking about any of that..........his main work right now is to find this girl and he took the finger touching him as a blessing and hopefully the creatives will give him the brains to think your part of the question that dadaji is not as paralytic as what he has been lead to believe........but that all might be left for Radhika to pick up on.

dev's LOVE for radhika is understandable. the man, who has been lonely all his life, suddenly found someone he could connect with and be comfortable with. i think thats key. poor dev, has never had anyone to call his OWN, that radhika's innocence and simplicity mein he became fida.

His feeling are understandable but I am taking this as his need to find someone with whom he has found a connection.....for me its an infatuation or the love with an image .........the face of that image was not clear to him but now he thinks that he has found it.  

Edited by misti73 - 16 March 2011 at 2:49am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

radha_bilahari..yajnaseni..TiyalisigridNeerjaa

radha_bilahari Goldie
radha_bilahari
radha_bilahari

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 6:10am | IP Logged
Misti,

First thanks for your comments and thoughts.

I do get the feeling after seeing last week and this week that there is definitely a change in the story-line from what was told originally.  Till Radhika moves to Mathura permanently  I dont think PB members will come into the picture.  The first week was more or less an intro of the new members.

From the POV of the story there have been a few hints dropped here and there which gives me afeeling of what the next track is likely to be.
Dev confiding to his dadaji about this DG was fun but the poor old man has to live with one more secret pertaining to Dev.  I am curious to know if Dev will get to introduce Radhika to Daima on Holi.  That is one thing which can open up the track.  After this if BB selects Radhika as a probable candidate for Rohan to marry, I wonder if Daima will have a role to play to dissuade Padma from accepting this proposal for her son considering the background of Radhika.  she can also play the game having in mind Mohini's bg. and the wife selection for Viraat and why it should be any different for Rohan?Let us see how this shapes up.

Shanthi had one dialogue last week ---she was asking her husband why he is keen on getting Radhika married only to a brahmin boy, and she also asked him whether the boy whom Radhika married was a brahmin?  there is scope here for potential track, if Dev comes to ask for Radhika's hand in marriage to which Shanthi is likely to say no because his bg is unknown thus prompting Dev to go in search of his real family.

BB has already set the ball rolling by preparing Dev to be the RP.  She will once again be instrumental in getting Dev and Radhika together.  If this story is also based on the Kanha aspect this will be divine justice for having pushed the old man down the stairs.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

..yajnaseni..sigridmisti73Neerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 6:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by why3

I actually would not mind if they show this as infatuation for now and then falling truly in love when he gets to know Radhika.  Dev hasn't had anybody other than Amma for 12 years and before that he only got love from his grandfather but even that was questioned all the time.  Also the grandfather could never shower his love fully on Dev.  So he falls for this girl to whom he is attracted and with whom he senses some connection.  That connection is enhanced for him as he is a sensitive soul being an artist.  So that smile all the time and confiding in Dadaji like a kid and finally pursuing Radhika with full fledged enthusiasm.  It would be really cute to show that part but creatives will call it love.

Actually the transit from infatuation to love is an interesting phase.......so why not show it for sometime from Devs side. For me a person usually gets attracted to something that is present in the other person.......or something that he or she is looking for that is present in the other person ....then slowly as the person gets to know the other person then love happens. Well thats what I feel but others might feel differently.

Even in CB1, I felt that he was infatuated with Radhika and only got to respect her once she helped him during RP puja and came to stay with his family.  So when he finally saw her face and connected her to a friend in whom he had confided, he fell in love.  It was same for Radhika.  To me her love happened in a true sense when she saw him standing up for her rights during phool Bangla.  It was the first time somebody had done something for her without exclusively asking anything in return or expecting anything back from her.  That's why I am hoping that they would show this attraction and make it a friendship as Radhika is new in that city and University and Dev is looking for a friend.  But it would be a speed track of her being selected as Rohan's bride (probably during Holi festival), her getting convinced about Rohan, Dev finding out and then both mopping until Radhika finds out the truth and starts pursuing him with Dev acting like Abhay or old Radhika.

Yes regarding CB1.........Dev for me initially fell in love with the image.....he was mesmerised by this girl and to me that is not love ..he actually trully fell in love when he saw the real Radhika in PB....for Radhika too it was the same thing, I think she fell in love when Dev came to apply the ointment in her hands after amma made her wear the burning bangles....there was an expression of pure wonder in her face .....I think it was been building up in her..but a person actually driving down from Delhi just to apply the ointment because he knew that she will not do it herself was something that
really hit her....

I hope they don't show any artificial triangles and rectangles.  I would rather that they show Radhika saying "yes" to an engagement based on her childhood beliefs with Rohan agreeing because he doesn't have guts to oppose Maheswari.  But both are not interested in that marriage.  Then finally Radhika chooses Dev over rituals and actually confesses that a marriage is useless and can not be considered valid if it is with somebody whom she doesn't love.  In fact they can show Maheswari being happy about Radhika not becoming Rohan's wife as she realizes that she can't control Radhika.  So she doesn't raise too much fuss if Radhika and Dev get together and it is only afterwards that she realizes that it was a big mistake to let Radhika and Dev be married.
 Will they show that or will it reduce Radhika's "fidelity" in eyes of writers?  I will go with the second option if I look at their history.  Will be pleasantly surprised if they go with the first option. 
 Will they show that or will it reduce Radhika's "fidelity" in eyes of writers?  I will go with the second option if I look at their history.  Will be pleasantly surprised if they go with the first option.  

Yes regarding this part but not too sure about "that a marriage is useless and can not be considered valid if it is with somebody whom she doesn't love."....Main reason is that in India arranged marriages do happen and they are not based on love..........sometimes love develops later but sometimes people stay married out of respect....so I don't know whether the makers will make Radhika say that.......Thats why maybe they might let Radhika realise in some way that Dev is that husband and give that as a reason for Radhikas refusal for Rohan even after she gets engaged to Rohan.  I will be pleasantly surprised if they show Radhika choosing Dev based on love or listening to her heart where Kanha in her resides and not her head where the thoughts of society live. The main reaosn for me saying is because I am getting a feeling that spiritualism has a different meaning to the makers.

But they have changed some story.  In the original synopsis, Radhika was supposed to accompany Dev to Mathura once she gets convinced of Rohan being her husband.  Here they don't need to do that as she is going to Mathura every day and is only 1 hour or so away from Dev's home.  Also she has met Dev before anybody knows about her.

Yes and I was thinking that the scene that you spoke about before can be used later.........I mean if they show Radhika retracting and getting confused.........she might avoid Dev who will be searching for her in Rawal...........because he knows that she is from Rawal. 

[/QUOTE]

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sigridAngie12Neerjaa

gardes IF-Dazzler
gardes
gardes

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 6:32am | IP Logged
Mishti, I have not watched CB2 this week and have read your thoughts off and on in the past month.  I have read comments from forumers who are getting upset when CB2 is compared to CB1, so I will not elaborate -  I have not found much difference in the story so far other than the replacements and juggling of characters.

You have watched daily and expressed your thoughts quite eloquently each day.  Can you explain to me what I should be looking for that is different here than in CB1 for me to continue watching the show or following the story?

In CB1 there were good players in both households (I am talking of the time prior to the Abhay debacle).

What about CB2?  Only Radhika's family holds some interest for me.  Dev's family is so chopped up, the logical flow stopped when BB pushed Dadaji.  All the others shrunk their brains from lack of use during the 12 years prior to the leap and went into a coma during that time.  How can they reconstitute their brains to move the story forward?

Any insight would be helpful.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ChinadollTwosigridAngie12misti73Neerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 6:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chalhov

Misti interesting reading ur thoughts on PF and MF

Actually in PF there is no binding factor they r just together as the entire wealth must be in one trust of RP BB is a greedy person and all must be keeping on the right side of her so that their interests r intact and for Dev its his grandfather and Daima. But he is close to Rohan also as he tells him his inner thoughts which is not possible if they were not close. Dev probably must be telling his grandfather everything but as he tells him when he had his medicine so he got no response but today he told him before that dose so he got the response from his grandfather when he told about Radhika. Rest of them as they have not shown them much so cannot form any opinion probably after Radhika comes to PB CMs will concentrate on the characters here.

Radhikas parents house everything is moving in a stable way as all the characters r well defined as well as they r stable in their response and am liking MANASA character who is not at all bothered about his wifes crankiness or emotional blackmail he is ignoring her behavior where Radhika is concerned.Liked his one rack mind and firmness where Radhikas education is concerned.Smile

Loved today's episode and the telephathic dialogue between Phuljari and Bumbum

Thanks Chalhov.......The purohit family feels like a very empty family........the only emotions that I can feel are Dev-dadaji (grandfather)......amma-Dev (guide-pupil)...........very strong under currents between Viraath and Dev........but surprisingly Rohan-Dev I don't feel anything deep but more superficial.....Dev is close to Rohan but this sharing of secrets from Devs side I found very innocent and kiddish........as if he has found something and he is just waiting to share this with hisfriend......maybe I have to know more f Rohan to decide on this relationship.......and they have not shown Rohans POV because most probably  they are not sure how they are going to use him.

As for Radhikas family........I like the characters.........because they are all being true to self....I also like Mansa for understanding his wife and not back tracking.........but will be interested to see how he reacts when society asks him regarding Radhika not getting married but the younger daughter getting married. 

sigridPutijaChalhovNeerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 6:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anu17

Originally posted by misti73

Phuljhari

Bumbum

Kabutarni

This Purohit house is one dysfunctional family'or is it really a family?

to me its a dysfunctional familyLOL

'.the daughter lives in Mumbai, don't know what happen to her I just sw her only two days thats in her childhood

''the eldest son has realized that if he does not throw a tantrum then he won't get anything''Ermm..I don't blame him with a mother like his what else can he do''Wacko..the middle one Rohan prefers to keep himself away from the family stuff and enjoys girls''''.don't blame him to who wants to live in this house'D'oh''..the youngest one Dev keeps on smiling and doing stuff''..but does not get involved'''I mean I do not feel as if he is a part of this family,'Ermm'..he is friendly with Rohan and tells him stuff '..stays in his own dream world''..I mean the flute, sketches and sculpturing'looking or dreaming for a face that he can paint....the face that calls him and touches something inside.....that why his sketches usually don't have faces.  I mean the ones that they showed before''.and now he has met this girl whom he liked a lot.......thinks that she is someone known to him and he has decided that he in in love.....'..is looking or searching for something that will make him belong to someone or someplace?''Bumbum feels that this girl was stranger but not a stranger'' says that he has never known/felt what is love'is he only talking about romantic love? Or does that mean that he does not think that amma does not love him as a son?'..or that dadaji does not love him as a grandson?'or that Rohan does not love him as a friend? I mean all these are also relationships based on the feeling or emotion called love.. .Now coming to the adults kabutarni the greatest lunatic in the house'D'oh''she keeps on justifying her actions to herself'WackoSilly'..I mean is she trying to convince the audience or herself. LOLLOLThe amount of time she mumbles to herself I am starting to get a feeling that she is telling herself or reminding herself'LOLLOL'if I do not do this then this will not happen'Ermm..if I do this then this will happen'''Ermm''.uffo Chunnu munnu how many times do I have to listen to the same dialogues from her''D'oh'..its either about changing will dialogue'Ermmor patting someone's head dialogue Ermmor putting a syringe in her FILS rear end dialogue'WackoSilly'Ouch'but today she got a bit frazzled when she realized that Bumbum has taken the dadaji before she could sing his lullaby to him 'Ermm''and chunnu munnu I know amma was interested but I am not interested in ammas looks''..If she wants to say something regarding her actions then I will be interested otherwise not.

to me its a dysfunctional familyLOLdon't know what happen to the daughter I last seen her her only two days thats in her childhoodOuch........yaar Rohen may be good person may be he will help here to Dev to get his Radhika back to Dev's life........

I think badi bahu remind the viewers that what her part isConfusedwow I like the relationship between Dadaji and dev...gr8 na

I love the precap a lot...WOW GR0

MISTI THANKS YAAR...YOU ARE GR8

Thanks Anu..........first I don't think I am great.........I am just writing my thoughts.......As for Rohan part........until they show his POV I do not know whether he will help Dev or not help Dev. The only things that I know of Rohan is that he likes girls........uses Dev when he wants to.....most probably irresponsible, so its difficult for me now to say anything regarding what Rohan will do in future.

sigridanu17Neerjaa

PutijaChalhov IF-Sizzlerz
PutijaChalhov
PutijaChalhov

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 6:57am | IP Logged

Dev is close to Rohan but this sharing of secrets from Devs side I found very innocent and kiddish........as if he has found something and he is just waiting to share this with hisfriend......maybe I have to know more f Rohan to decide on this relationship.......and they have not shown Rohans POV because most probably  they are not sure how they are going to use him.

Misti yes Rohans POV is not given but Dev seems ok and comfortable with him he may be disillusioned in future I dont know as I feel he is a cat on the wall and may jump whichever side is beneficial for him and he uses/misuses Dev's name

sigridmisti73Neerjaa

ChinadollTwo Goldie
ChinadollTwo
ChinadollTwo

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 8:04am | IP Logged
Musti - Thanks for your analysis of Dev. I think you are spot on that he's craving 'Love' and emotional support as he's supposedly an orphan. Loved the interaction with Sr.Purohit. Dev was honest and open with Sr.Purohit, even as a child. He has that special bond with him.

As for amma, the least I see of her, the better for me. If she's not playing an important role, they need to get rid of her ASAP.

As for Ashanti, she was vindictive... she knew what she was doing. This sudden need to take both her kids shopping! I'm glad that now Radhika has the opportunity to be alone with her
KK.

Being the Weaver's 'daughter' has it's advantages .. she gets to wear beautiful vibrant clothes   LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sigridmisti73

Go to top