MTV Roadies 9 : Everything or Nothing

Is 8th season going to be the Death of Roadies?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Ihab

Groupbie

Ihab

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 10:28am | IP Logged
[Hey.. I dont know how many of you remember me here but I used to be quite a regular during 6th Season and wrote couple of comments during the 7th Season.]

I think it was 6th Season, when Raghu and Rajiv decided to call it a day and quit Roadies. I am assuming thats when the ratings fell for the 7th season since lot of viewers watch Roadies for Raghu blasting the contestants. IMO, without these two baldies, the 7th Season turned out to be a great one. The contestants were extremely good, the tasks were comparitively brilliant, the finale done damn nicely.. and all the planning, scheming, bitching, ditching came a distant second to performing tasks. But alas, Season 7th apparently had low ratings for a Roadie show since the show lacked "items" and wasn't exactly "masaladar" like other seasons.. So what do the Roadies Management do? Thats right, they brought back the Baldies.

Dont get me wrong, I am a fan of Raghu. I like the way he petrifies youngsters in Audition. But I am slowly losing interest in Raghu and his famous show, Roadies. Reasons? Because Roadies has become a done to death type of a show and no longer has any twists and turns and tasks which seem interesting enough. The living proof of this are the contestants whom Raghu picked. Almost all the contestants, in one way or other, seem to be "items" and there is sure shot fireworks which will take place throughout the show. Why else would he pick Avtaar or Dev? Why else would they pick two contrasting personalities in Renee and Prachi? Why would they pick characters like Rahul and Suraj?

The worst thing about Roadies 8 is that the contestants, being exposed to so many seasons, have come very well prepared. I am sure almost all talked on phones with each other and came with a clear map of what to do next. Few others came donning fake characters ala Rahul (who is pretty modern but acted like "Ashu" to be like a silent dark horse) and Suraj (who, single handedly has raised the question loud and clear whether the show is scripted or not after the big "scandal" of him not being what he claimed to be).

I feel, that Roadies has lost that "spontaneous" factor. Judging from the small promo at the end of Audition, the 8th season reminds me of those B grade shows like Truth, Love aur Cash etc. Fail Tasks and lot of Drama. I hope I am wrong and that Roadies 8th Season turns out to be good but looking at people like Dev, Avtaar.. I think the chances are slim.

Edited by Ihab - 15 March 2011 at 10:29am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is 8th season going to be the Death of Roadies?" in MTV Roadies 9 : Everything or Nothing forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top