Ek Veer Stree ki Kahaani Jhansi Ki Rani

India-Forums

I have one objection on Jhansi Rani (Page 2)

alias90 Goldie
alias90
alias90

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by deereyedgal504

Hey Zofi,

Well "aye gore" in those times meant only tot he britishers because at that time Indians only knew Britishers from the European countries(the portugese and all too but later on only Britishers ruled over India). So Rani Lakshmi Bai said that to them only not to the whole of Europeans. Yes its racist now but the serial is about Indian history, they are trying to potray what the they might have done, they might have spoken in those times...so the point of being Racist NOW does not arise at all.

@alias90: u just said the same thing...y did i write it againLOL
Daarrlling! <3

You wrote it in much simpler and probably more easier to understand terms than I did. I get all passionate and start blathering and blabbing on and on and on. ConfusedLOLBig smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Perspectives.

Perspectives. Goldie
Perspectives.
Perspectives.

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 11:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by alias90

Originally posted by deereyedgal504

Hey Zofi,

Well "aye gore" in those times meant only tot he britishers because at that time Indians only knew Britishers from the European countries(the portugese and all too but later on only Britishers ruled over India). So Rani Lakshmi Bai said that to them only not to the whole of Europeans. Yes its racist now but the serial is about Indian history, they are trying to potray what the they might have done, they might have spoken in those times...so the point of being Racist NOW does not arise at all.

@alias90: u just said the same thing...y did i write it againLOL
Daarrlling! <3

You wrote it in much simpler and probably more easier to understand terms than I did. I get all passionate and start blathering and blabbing on and on and on. ConfusedLOLBig smile

LOLLOL really? i think i wrote alot around the bush...that happens alot of times to me
I guess the english exam tomorrow is doing the magic Big smile otherwise i just blabber nonsense!

Edited by deereyedgal504 - 17 March 2011 at 11:22am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

alias90

Polki_Zofi Senior Member
Polki_Zofi
Polki_Zofi

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 2:14am | IP Logged
Ok ... I just felt very uncomfortable whenever this thing would screen. I sat with my inlaws, and my husband, having a laugh (tryng to blend in for a white girl in an in law visit, totally different land and custom is a little difficult and challenging sometimes) ... and then suddenly on TV a little girl with knife appears!

Anyways, if you say so ... but imagine you being in my position.

alias90 Goldie
alias90
alias90

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Yeap, we all understand what position you were in but perhaps a little more research into it all before announcing your distaste for something like that.

If it makes you feel any better I doubt your in-laws noticed, or your husband.

If they paid attention to such thoughts as you did then they wouldn't have allowed you in their home right?

Don't worry, be happy! :D

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Perspectives.Amor.

kiyudnive Senior Member
kiyudnive
kiyudnive

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Polki_Zofi

Hello, I am a Polish girl (from Poland, a Central East European Country). I am a white girl ofcourse.

Why does this girl say "Gora ko marbhagana hai"??? ... it is offending. Why not say "British"? Why entire continent, all the populations?

You yourself, many, live and have relations in our lands. You feel good about it?

You can point out to British for historical reference.

You never feel that this is objectionable? Is this not racist?

By the way, I am married in India with very good inlaws. I came this year for visit with my husband, and saw this promotion. I understand Hindi quite well! If you can see from my perspective even once, this is highly objectionable.

Zofi.

hi dear...
how r u ???
i get ur point...
bt the thing here is not ALL WHITE people, but the british only!!!!
in those times, n also now in deep pure hindi goro means british n nt all white people....
we didnt even mean all british, we meant the bad n evil mindied british r to be sent back......
language n literature, sumtyms takes such turns, where a person gets confused
thats the same in ur case....

love yudi

Go to top