Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Mahi's phone. - Page 2

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: mozart66

She is known to be frank and sometimes it is heartening to see her being candid but largely it can grate on your nerves. 

Really?? I personally value frankness and straightforwardness more....and Mahi isn't exactly a mannerless uncouth person also that she is oh so grating on everyone's nerves now. She is childish, at best...there is no malice in anything she does.....then what exactly has she done to grate so much on ppl's nerves? I find both Mishal and Mahi to be very honest ppl....beyond that, yes their personalities are obviously very different......but I don't exactly see how Mahi being on the phone makes her SUCH an ill-mannered person....... And I don't understand your "no need to display your ignorance or unintelligence" comment.....so basically you're trying to say that Mahi is extremely stupid and shouldn't open her mouth and DISPLAY that stupidity?πŸ˜•πŸ˜†.....I personally prefer REAL ppl rather than ppl who put up an act of being supposedly well-mannered and goody-goody types when they are otherwise busy back-biting about everyone. And I don't take Mahi's childishness as something to be made such a big deal out of. Like Neets said in her post, yeh CHHOTI CHHOTI baatein hoti hain.....

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pyari_Zahra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
So what??!! πŸ˜• I'm highly confused- Why is it such a big deal if she uses her phone a lot? πŸ˜•

Is it effecting us, personally? πŸ˜• Is it effecting her work...nope, not that I can see πŸ˜›

What an actor does in their spare time shouldn't be a concern for us, and we shouldn't start poking fingers at them and suddenly coming up with assumptions on their character. After all, what do we know about these people?

A few interviews of Mahhi using her phone and all of a sudden she's 'rude', 'ill-mannered', 'unintelligent' ??? 😲 Woah!! 😲 x
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: mozart66

I wholeheartedly agree with all of you. It is indeed rude to be so obsessed with something. These little things can permanently damage your image in the eyes of public. You can be branded as a mannerless, rude person. Mahi certainly needs to learn some social etiquettes. On the other hand Mishal comes across as not only a good genuine person but also a well-mannered and cultured person. The atmosphere in your home, around home, in the society that you live largely influences your upbringing and mannerisms. Being a public figure like a popular actor Mahi needs to conduct herself well. She is known to be frank and sometimes it is heartening to see her being candid but largely it can grate on your nerves. Take example of Jhalak 4. Among all the participants she and Ankita kind of got on people's nerves by their sometimes overconfident or silly comments. No need to display your ignorance or unintelligence. Silence can be golden! Anyway these are more or less my personal POV but yes, I am sure many will agree that a little well-mannered person always makes a lasting good impression.

You know, this thread reminds me of the one where Mishal's comments about his apartment and how he apparently got it were dealt with sweeping judgments πŸ˜† 

In this day and age, many people are literally attached to their phone by the hip. I don't like it and I don't personally do it but if someone else does, do I have the right to bag on their upbringing and manners? πŸ˜• She is so busy these days, what do you know, maybe she is in exchange about schedules and locations and transportation to the different places she has to be at? It's so easy to make sweeping judgment about ANYONE'S character just like our own Nakku said once...takes only a second or two...and it's easier even more so to make a mountain out of a molehill. It's JUST a phone, and Mishal has been working with her for MORE than one year, 18 or so hours everyday...I think he can more than live with it because their camaraderie and relationship doesn't seem to be sabotaged by a PHONE...by something as silly as text messaging. 
Edited by make-believe - 13 years ago
Pyari_Zahra thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: make-believe

You know, this thread reminds me of the one where Mishal's comments about his apartment and how he apparently got it were dealt with sweeping judgments πŸ˜† 

In this day and age, many people are literally attached to their phone by the hip. I don't like it and I don't personally do it but if someone else does, do I have the right to bag on their upbringing and manners? πŸ˜• She is so busy these days, what do you know, maybe she is in exchange about schedules and locations and transportation to the different places she has to be at? It's so easy to make sweeping judgment about ANYONE'S character just like our own Nakku said once...takes only a second or two...and it's easier even more so to make a mountain out a molehill. It's JUST a phone, and Mishal has been working with her for MORE than one year, 18 or so hours everyday...I think he can more than live with it because their camaraderie and relationship doesn't seem to be sabotaged by a PHONE...by something as silly as text messaging. 

@ Bold: Not-so-suprisingly it's by the same member too! πŸ˜†

Anyway, I don't see why it's so difficult to relate a person to their hard work, rather than their personal life *sigh*

How do we know what she is actually talking about through her texts? Could be important stuff. Or even not, at least she's social? πŸ˜† x
Edited by Pyari_Zahra - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Pyari_Zahra

So what??!! πŸ˜• I'm highly confused- Why is it such a big deal if she uses her phone a lot? πŸ˜•

It's a big deal cuz apparently MR would never do that.....he has more manners than thatπŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Dude, I'm as die hard an MR fan as any, but I'm not going to start calling Mahi less well-mannered in comparison over something so minor as her phone obsessionπŸ˜•....Mahi is a different person....and she hasn't conducted herself in such a horrible manner publicly that we now need to start wondering  about her upbringing and manners.

As Fatty just said, MR's freakin spent over a year working with her for 18+ hours everyday.....he's MORE than used to her phone habits of all things....and seriously Mahi is not the first and last person to be so glued to her phone in today's times....I'm not much of a fan of phone obsession either but that is hardly something I'm going to start questioning a person's manners etc. over and wondering how MR tolerates her and stuff?πŸ˜•πŸ˜†
neets_ltl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Someone needs to close this thread.....we're not ones to judge these people seeing as we don't know them. Our only association is with the characters they portray.
Pyari_Zahra thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: nureat01

It's a big deal cuz apparently MR would never do that.....he has more manners than thatπŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Dude, I'm as die hard an MR fan as any, but I'm not going to start calling Mahi less well-mannered in comparison over something so minor as her phone obsessionπŸ˜•....Mahi is a different person....and she hasn't conducted herself in such a horrible manner publicly that we now need to start wondering  about her upbringing and manners.

As Fatty just said, MR's freakin spent over a year working with her for 18+ hours everyday.....he's MORE than used to her phone habits of all things....and seriously Mahi is not the first and last person to be so glued to her phone in today's times....I'm not much of a fan of phone obsession either but that is hardly something I'm going to start questioning a person's manners etc. over and wondering how MR tolerates her and stuff?πŸ˜•πŸ˜†

I know what I'm about to say may be bordering on 'dangerous' here- but hasn't Mishal been extremely candid in some of his interviews? πŸ˜†

Why is it that some tend to pick up on the smallest, insignificant things and create a huge fuss on it. I get really confused by it, because I fail to understand why such a minute subject needs discussing on- millions of people are glued to their mobiles, it's the generation we're living in.

I'm sure Mishal's not going to start hating Mahhi over a petty thing like this. He himself must have an obsession over something too πŸ˜† x
Edited by Pyari_Zahra - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
@Zahra: LOL ofcourse he has....and like Fatty reminded us, even that thread was filled with sweeping judgements about him over of all things an apartment.....lol

But in MV's case, what's funny here is that she always has to be compared to MR and how she's just not as amazing a person as he is....given the obvious MR bias in this forum, MV becomes an easy target many times.

And I agree....I will never understand the need to discuss SUCH petty things and then passing sweeping judgements about these actors and their equations with each other over such things....aren't there better things to discuss about....oh I don't know.....the SHOW for instance?πŸ€”πŸ˜†
Edited by nureat01 - 13 years ago
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Pyari_Zahra

@ Bold: Not-so-surprisingly it's by the same member too! πŸ˜†

And not-so-surprisingly, I meet the same Leo here! πŸ˜†

LTL forum always has a funny way of reading into things...be it sensing people's moods in off-screen interviews, the hidden arrogance in comments about their houses or even their rude use of phones πŸ˜† 

Dude, I'm as die hard an MR fan as any, but I'm not going to start calling Mahi less well-mannered in comparison over something so minor as her phone obsessionπŸ˜•....Mahi is a different person....and she hasn't conducted herself in such a horrible manner publicly that we now need to start wondering  about her upbringing and manners

Thank you for saying this! I am seriously disappointed with the MR comparison here especially...it feels to me like that time where Dutta insulted Baaji and proverbially slapped him in the face by drawing comparison to Nakku's 'loyalty'...(what the hell is wrong with me drawing LTL comparisons all the time? πŸ˜†πŸ˜³)...I know some (wait, most) people on this forum are totally enamoured by MR (as am I) but there is no need to turn others off by making him out to be on some pedestal just to show Mahi down in comparison...there's no need for that type of a thing πŸ˜• Like Anu said, they are DIFFERENT individuals...and he is not some role-model of manners for her to follow or for us to prescribe...that too over such a petty thing.
Pyari_Zahra thumbnail

@Zahra: LOL ofcourse he has....and like Fatty reminded us, even that thread was filled with sweeping judgements about him over of all things an apartment.....lol

But in MV's case, what's funny here is that she always has to be compared to MR and how she's just not as amazing a person as he is....given the obvious MR bias in this forum, MV becomes an easy target many times.

And I agree....I will never understand the need to discuss SUCH petty things and then passing sweeping judgements about these actors and their equations with each other over such things....aren't there better things to discuss about....oh I don't know.....the SHOW for instance?πŸ€”πŸ˜†

😲 Ohhhh yeeeaaaahhh!! 😲😲😲 The SHOW!!! 😲 Forgot about that!! πŸ˜›

🀣🀣🀣