Originally posted by bee5
That definitely made the story jarring for me in a lot of ways:
1. As you've already raised - G seems to have totally forgotten about his mom and kind of engulfed in the revenge part. ...
2. Vishnu & other M&Ms had no reason to be happy. Though initially Vishnu is shocked, there was no reason for him to cheer. All of them seem to have forgotten that they did not wanted R to be married at all. .... Vishnu seems to have selective amnesia !
3. Just bcos G said he will make R's life hell, M&Ms are happy and convincing everyone that G-R are married. This goes totally against what Billo said abt Bantu. She says "have I not married Bantu, so, he is my husband". Similarly though they are telling that G is R's husband, they never seem to have thought R might have to leave their house and hence her Bhagya will go along. .......... that was really funny .... the M&Ms cheering and supporting Guddu ... how can they forget their main intention to keep R unmarried so that she'll stay in Pandey Nivas ??
4. To bring G to Pandey nivas as per their story, I strongly felt there was no reason for Amma to offer the gharjamai thing to G.Just bcos a gunda mawali has married her granddaughter and the fact that she has to accept it, she doesn't need to make that offer to him. It doesn't convince me to all. The CVs could have instead taken a different route to bring G to Pandey nivas - which is - V being angry at G for marrying R (bcos they didnot wanted a marriage of R at any cost) and hence denying him to pay the money. G not happy and doesn't want to leave the place until he gets the money. That would have been more convincing for me. .... Well ..... here I kinda understand why Amma did this .... I feel it's her way of keeping an eye on Guddu and looking out for Runjhun too .... G makes open threats to make R's life miserable ... Amma tries her best to get R out of this ... but doesn't succeed ... her relatives and society at large, religious leaders included ... refuse to consider the marriage void .... so she does the next best thing ... forces G to live in her house under her supervision !
Though I agree, like you said Vishnu backing out of the deal and G planting himself at PN makes more sense in the current story line !
5. So, now that V has taken G's side, will he be paying him the remaining 4 Lakh Rs.? .... I dont think V will pay up ... the CVs might show R's good fortune rubbing off on G and hence his mother recovers ! Kinda cliched ... but I do not expect anything better from the CVs ....
6. Since G does accept R as his wife, does he mean he will not take care of her or does he mean he will treat her like the M&Ms do ?
While at one side he knows fully well what he has gotten into (following each of the customs and marrying her), and declares that she is his wife, he doesn't really seem to know what he has done. .....
There is such a contradiction there, but I have no complaint in that contradiction, it adds to his characterization IMO. But then it does confuse me as to what he really wants. Confused G really is ..... or rather the CVs are confused .. they are not sure how to portray G here, on one hand they show his righteous indignation at R sending him to prison and hence him marrying her in a sneaky way to take revenge on her , on the other they show him promising himself that he will do ANYTHING to get money for his Amma, and this includes marrying R so that the R-S wedding is stopped and V gives him the money ! ..... So his rant against R after the wedding seems rather out of place ! .....
I will definitely think it does look like a hasty job by the CVs. ... Agree !
All said and done, I loved the way H puts the sindoor on R. (Take a not, I am not saying G, but H) Probably that credit goes to the Director of the show. It looked as if G is putting the sindoor so lovingly. Do I sound as if I am gushing ...but can't help. Here, my dear Bee ... I join you ... I loved that scene too .... in fact in every marriage ..... it's sooooooo dreamy to see the groom put his hand around the bride and put the sindoor ... one of my fav ritual in a wedding ! And you are sooooooo right, that was H all the way .... G was no-where in sight there ! At least yesterday's G !
The same thing happened when the other day R hugs Vishnu. In the return hug by V, it was more of Madan Tyagi than Vishnu to me. ..... Sighhhhhh ... yes .... I loved that hug too ! it was so well portrayed ..... !
Lastly, I would like to see what is R's reaction to this. He is bindaas announcing to the whole world that she is his dharm-patni, but does she accept him as her husband? .... I'm all agog to hear R's side now .... we've heard everyone else's opinion ... wonder how R will react ! Hope the CVs have something appropriate as her reaction !