Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

FilmFARCE Awards: The truth behind awards shows (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 8

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 8
Page 6 Page 8

Nuktaacheen

IF-Dazzler

Nuktaacheen

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by LifeOLicious

Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

but our people can't stand other people's success/achievement....!!   TongueTongueTongue

because we don't achieve success based on talent....so people have a tendency to disagree...either we hype someone mediocre to the skies or completely ignore someone who is actually very good....so you end up with bitter complaining people on all sides.

yes, there are mediocre stars who are hyped and there are some good actors who are completely ignored... that still does not change the fact that there are a lot of stars (hyped and otherwise), who can't stand each other's achievements... and not all stars who are not hyped are underrated or brilliant....

at the end of the day, whichever category you belong to, you can't seem to appreciate other people... that's just how it is... it's true that there is competition, but most can't seem to wish well for others... TongueTongueTongue

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "FilmFARCE Awards: The truth behind awards shows (Page 5)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

LifeOLicious

IF-Sizzlerz

LifeOLicious

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
^Yes the crab mentality is there regardless...it is everywhere....we don't know how to appreciate another person's success...however I think it is heightened by the facts I mentioned.

lovanika

IF-Rockerz

lovanika

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
".....Shah Rukh Khan asked buddy-cum-loyalist Hrithik Roshan and his wife Suzanne Khan to come on stage. The Badshah then gave Roshan Jr a few tips on national TV on how to pamper his wife that ranged from showering rose petals to falling at her feet. How this contorted depiction of couple therapy would rid industry-wallahs of the philanderer tag or contribute to great cinema is anybody's guess. Says a director who does not wish to be named, "I really do not know how organisers can do such a thing. Everyone knew that it was a well-orchestrated act. I felt like walking out of the function ...."

So does that mean the philanderer which Masand mentioned was not Ajay but one of these two.

But ofcourse since when Ajay mentioned this in his interview I am totally off awards. They make you laugh.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

GoGreen

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 4:25pm | IP Logged
totally agree with the article....every point is exactly why I'm so put off by desi award shows....

this is exactly why the Oscars...no matter how long and boring they are...will always remain better than desi award shows....I think every Hollywood award show is better for example Golden Globes,Grammys,Emmys and even the Tony's are better than crap that Filmfare and Zee Cine etc awards have been this past decadeOuch

someone before mentioned that they cut off the speeches for the lesser known stars....I find that to be really stupid and rude...I mean the people who win the technical awards are literally who make the movie....and if they are awarded they should get some recognition rather than just some lame award and abrupt segway to the next categoryOuch

Edited by Tani91 - 14 March 2011 at 5:13pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ForeverSHINeeGoGreenruky786

GoGreen

IF-Sizzlerz

GoGreen

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
If some celebrities wont get awards..they tweets awards r very disappointing and some will walk out of the award functions...so that will make news...and the sponsors of next award function make sure they will get the award in their award functions...ROFLROFL
 ROFL
 Now a days i feel that the so called celebrities will attend award functions only they r so sure they r gifted an award.

now lost interest in bollywood award functions...why even in south indian filmfare awards also.

Edited by GoGreen - 14 March 2011 at 5:04pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ForeverSHINee

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 5:28pm | IP Logged
very well written!!!

for the first time i read a full long article

like he said award shows are just entertainment evening

it is more abt star presence than awarding the deserving

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Tani91eraser

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
ppl at hollywood win awards at 50+ for playing roles as 50+

yahaan tou 50+ bhi naujawan hain

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

koolchickerasermysticgoryfilms

.Mandy.

Channel Moderator

.Mandy.

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 6:59pm | IP Logged
I liked SRK in MNIK and felt he deserved his win but overall I think the article is well written has brought up some very good points. The awards are not what they used to be, many deserving of a win are overlooked while those not deserving win. The awards hold no meaning anymore, it is a popularity contest these days. I completely understand why stars like Salman, Aamir, Emraan, Ajay aren't really fans of awards.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mysticgoryfilms.khoobsurat.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top