Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

FilmFARCE Awards: The truth behind awards shows (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 8

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 8
Page 5 Page 8

TheDilettante

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:01am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "FilmFARCE Awards: The truth behind awards shows (Page 4)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

stars4u

stars4u

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolchick

Bollywood has still not matured like Hollywood. While the craft of film-making has moved forward with a never-before-seen variety in theme, ideation and treatment, the charmed star is yet to realise that his shine has somewhat jaded and that he indeed needs some revision lessons rather than clutch on desperately to the aura that's receded into the shadows a long time ago. That's why a Colin Firth wins an Oscar at 50 for a flawed character instead of the sexy Mr Darcy he was in his 30s.

This just says it all. It will take a long time before Bollywood can overcome its obsession on solely glitz and glamor  and actually take in performances as well

people dont want to see actresses doing lead roles in bollywood after 30+yrs, 40+yrs.......and u were talking abt winning award at 50..........well i dont blame only film industry even people are not interested to see them onscreen after 30, 40, 50...........

koolchick

IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 11:56am | IP Logged

ZoobiDoobi

IF-Addictz

ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 11:57am | IP Logged
Can someone summarize, I aint' reading the whole thing ROFL

stars4u

stars4u

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 12:07pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by stars4u

Bollywood has still not matured like Hollywood. While the craft of film-making has moved forward with a never-before-seen variety in theme, ideation and treatment, the charmed star is yet to realise that his shine has somewhat jaded and that he indeed needs some revision lessons rather than clutch on desperately to the aura that's receded into the shadows a long time ago. That's why a Colin Firth wins an Oscar at 50 for a flawed character instead of the sexy Mr Darcy he was in his 30s.

This just says it all. It will take a long time before Bollywood can overcome its obsession on solely glitz and glamor  and actually take in performances as well

people dont want to see actresses doing lead roles in bollywood after 30+yrs, 40+yrs.......and u were talking abt winning award at 50..........well i dont blame only film industry even people are not interested to see them onscreen after 30, 40, 50...........

I took the highlighted parts from the articleLOL

I would disagree about not seeing actresses in their 30s since recently the audience has warmed up to the idea of them but I do think that people do not want to see leading actresses in their 40s and 50s. The roles are too limited for an actress at that age, as was kindly pointed out to Madhuri

i dont agree with 30+yrs actresses also..........well its bollywood and its not going to change forever.......

Nuktaacheen

IF-Dazzler

Nuktaacheen

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ZoobiDoobi

Can someone summarize, I aint' reading the whole thing ROFL

LOLLOLLOL  Zoobi, summary ki kya zaroorat hai....   basically whatever has been discussed on IF for the longest time... awards have zero value, if you attend you'll win won, hyped stars get awards, etc. etc....

still want more details...?  WinkLOLLOL

koolchick

IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 12:13pm | IP Logged

LifeOLicious

IF-Sizzlerz

LifeOLicious

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

but our people can't stand other people's success/achievement....!!   TongueTongueTongue

because we don't achieve success based on talent....so people have a tendency to disagree...either we hype someone mediocre to the skies or completely ignore someone who is actually very good....so you end up with bitter complaining people on all sides.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top