Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

FilmFARCE Awards: The truth behind awards shows (Page 3)

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 8:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gobsmacked

Ladygaga the reason we dont have an award that is organised & chosen by the professionals who work in the industry is because the industry body is not strong enough.

In Hollywood the industry is regularised there is a trade Union , contracts etc. However Bollywood is still relativelly non-regulated so there is no recognised industry body as such.

Yes i agree with this.. that is why i don't get this big fuss over who wins and who doesn't awards in bollywood are usually private ceremonies.. they are free to give awards to whoever they wanna give them too.. yes some of them claim that they represent the industry.. but actually if you look closely.. those are just false marketing claims.. and actually no award represents bolly officially.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

youknowmeNuktaacheenLifeOLicious

Gobsmacked IF-Rockerz

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 8:46am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

youknowme

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 9:09am | IP Logged
either way... there is way too much ego in bollywood that you can NEVER ever 'fair' awards.... TongueTongue   nobody is sporting enough... popular stars want awards for themselves, and the 'intelligent filmmakers' for themselves... even the mediocre actors want awards for themselves, only because they are not hyped....

nobody can see the success of other...  it's been like this since ages... raj kapoor couldn't stand dilip kumar, because he was more successful than him... shatrughan couldn't stand amit... actually, many couldn't stand him... TongueTongue   and i am sure it worked both ways...  i want to blame the people who hold these awards, but i just can't.... i blame the stars themselves for the state of the awards... it's their own darn ego that led to this... so deal with it... TongueTongueTongue

and they can NEVER reach the level of the oscars... kehna nahin chahiye, but our people can't stand other people's success/achievement....!!   TongueTongueTongue

Edited by Nuktaacheen - 14 March 2011 at 9:10am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygagaForeverSHINeeTheDilettanteTallyHomysticgoryfilmsTani91ruky786petticoat

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 9:20am | IP Logged

youknowmeForeverSHINeeruky786

vssaras IF-Rockerz
vssaras
vssaras

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 9:22am | IP Logged
Actually I like what is happening at the award shows now..it has gone so depressingly wrong...that it is glaring...any person who sees them now knows that they are rigged...basically making the awards worthless...

Before a problem can be resolved..it has to come to the forefront...if it remains hidden..people may just fail to see it..

I am sure that some of the awards given say 10..20..30 years before were also unfair..based on agendas..but just Aamir boycotting the awards did not make the impact then..people were still judging the stars based on the number of awards they had in their kitty..

But now..awards have become reduced to merely a joke..no one takes them seriously..as should be the case...so even if a deserving actor does not recieve an award now..it is no big deal...people (industry folks as well as audience) will still recognize their good work..helped along by the fact that..awards no longer dominate and sway opinions now..

youknowmekoolchickeraser

guess_wh0 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 9:38am | IP Logged

TheDilettante IF-Rockerz

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 9:44am | IP Logged

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

NuktaacheenTallyHomysticgoryfilmsruky786

TallyHo IF-Rockerz
TallyHo
TallyHo

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheDilettante

My grouse is about the attire. In the old pictures one can see almost everyone dressed appropriately for the function-men in suits/formals and women in silk sarees (not gaudy, shimmery stuff) with proper shoes (not chappals). It was a farce even then because actors like Guru Dutt were overlooked for the favorite Dilip Kumar but at least blockbuster King Rajender Kumar was not winning it for his hamming act. One good thing is that in spite of the resentment, everyone showed up and supported the fraternity. Now fraternity means Karan Johar/Yash Chopra and their cronies.

He will have some credibility if his wifey was not collecting it. Oh, yeah! she likes them awards.
I agree, maya...there should be some dress code...some decorum...some dignity

Well kajol gives new meaning to trophy wife...LOL

Edited by TallyHo - 14 March 2011 at 9:59am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ForeverSHINeeNuktaacheenTheDilettanteruky786

Go to top