Pratigya

India-Forums

Pratigya
Pratigya

The INTRIGUING facets of KRISHNA !! (Page 8)

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by starlight123

Originally posted by MERARAI

Originally posted by starlight123

Originally posted by Madmadgirl

Awww Sathya - I love the analogy!Thumbs Up

Even if I do not agree wholeheartedly with the roles, I do love and agree that in the way Krishna and Arjun together were a good team so too are our beloved jodi.

I guess where I disagree is that fundamentally, without Krishna,  Arjun would never have enabled that truth and righteousness prevail.....and essentially be victorious in their Mahabharat.....

The problem I have with Kand P is

what exactly is P's fight about? What is her stand for truth and righteousness about? What is her motivation?

Is truth and righteousness for P living a happy and settled life with her husband who finally works and carries his weight, having finally listened to his wife and bettered himself???

But then this fight could go on forever....and indeed isnt this fight simply called living for most of us? Most of us may be in relationships where we have these expectations of ourself and our partner but spend our lives trying to to achieve some level of nirvana.....dont we?

As women, we must surely possess an innate gene that allows us to compromise with circumstances - but the single biggest compromise for any human being must be  falling in love, because for the first time it isnt all about you - there is someone else you want to consider, someone else's feelings other than your own that may not just matter,but matter more than your own.

I accept that K has fallen in love with P and actually has rather a lot to be proud of - after all he has netted a pretty, educated, so called sherni of a wife, who he knows is capable in all ways - great catch!

What did P get? Whatever it is it is far shorter than what she had expected, but despite having acepted it  she struggles to make it good.......indeed does P actually even really love K or does she simply appreciate some of the good in him, which primarily is his loyalty to her, his dependability???

I actually find P a more complex character than K - and that is because I dont know what she actually wants out of life.....what K wants is so much more simple, but unless P works out exactly what she wants by way of a future, I see this Arjun telling her charioteer Krishna he's doing a rubbish job and then, far from accepting K's guidance and help, she will have no faith in his handling at all and take the reins herself.......

dyou get ma drift???LOL

sorry for the rambling post - I am no way near as eloquent or succinct - this stuff just came into ma head and I typed it!Approve

Would be interesting to hear your views nevertheless!

I always thought Pratigya's character sketch was simple that she is a champion for truth and justice...To me till now, she has always put that before any relationship besides her own family...I think it has been far more clearer for me her purpose...For me, it is not the complexity which is the issue, it is the confusion by the CVs part to show an all empowering strong woman but a typical serial bahu....They are afraid to admit that lead females can have flaws and are human...For me they have failed to balance the two by not making Pratigya reflect and learn from her mistakes...

What is more complex for me is the relationship between the two....I dont know what they want to show in that or what we are meant to learn from it...

StarHug

How does Prats champion the truth and stand for justice when she wears a blindfold when it's her maike members who have gone down the "gair kaanoni" path?  The law enforcement personnel and society is blamed for the MMGJ walas's plight.

Were the CVs bent on showing that Prats only goes so far to stand against  wrong like she did  hen her maike forgave Jai and when her jetji KN killed Kesar's baby. (Granted in both cases, the final choice was not hers to make).  If one is going to stand up for the truth, do they really back down so easily and not follow through to it's conclusion?  If she really was the torch bearer for truth, she would held her sister accountable for dragging a married man to the mandap to marry him.  KN was the bigamist granted, but how easily she gave her sister the pass. She called the crime a mistake and let it go. 

Will she hold Krishna's feet to the fire for his lies? Probably, until she gets her way.

Mera..........Hug

In regards to Pratigya overlooking her own maayka mistakes is an oversight and bad writing by the CVs as they afraid to highlight their faults...Also some blame has to go to the actors too for their incapability as performers to try and hide the flaws in the writing...

So True !!

What Adarsh is doing is the same as Krishna but no one is speaking against him...He too is lying to his own family and wife on how he got promoted and his illegal income...He is spared because his wife is the antithesis of Pratigya and therefore doesn't deserve our sympathy...He will be forgiven without any repercussions and blame will be shifted on Komal 

---Yemi--- IF-Rockerz
---Yemi---
---Yemi---

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tanthya

Originally posted by yemi3006

I just realized there a very serious discussion going on  which I dont have the intellectual capacity to contribute to ..........

so I **gracefully** made a quick exit :angel:

That was Gracefully !!LOLLOLLOL..

Do stay on ..I knwo u have a softy , softy  for  P..so u put on ur armor and fight for ur dame..Wink like Krishnawa does in Teebee..Don't desert the glaring, heaving, folded arms ..damsel in distress..Big smile
Big smile

damsel in distress ?Shocked since when........... a bucket of tears here & there doesnt always amount to a helpless female ..... she could just be trying to lubricate her eyes  Wink  

LOL I have no patience for distressed damsels when they wring their hands and wait to be rescued - my motto is do something, and if at first you dont succeed, try again

besides, P doesn't need me ........ she can take care of herself .............. and when she does the glaring thingy, my instinct is to take cover from the line of fire Tongue LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

AlwayshopefulMERARAItanthya

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:41am | IP Logged

I just realized there a very serious discussion going on  which I dont have the intellectual capacity to contribute to ..........

so I **gracefully** made a quick exit :angel:

That was Gracefully !!LOLLOLLOL..

Do stay on ..I knwo u have a softy , softy  for  P..so u put on ur armor and fight for ur dame..Wink like Krishnawa does in Teebee..Don't desert the glaring, heaving, folded arms ..damsel in distress..Big smile
Big smile

damsel in distress ?Shocked since when........... a bucket of tears here & there doesnt always amount to a helpless female ..... she could just be trying to lubricate her eyes  Wink  

LOL I have no patience for distressed damsels when they wring their hands and wait to be rescued - my motto is do something, and if at first you dont succeed, try again

besides, P doesn't need me ........ she can take care of herself .............. and when she does the glaring thingy, my instinct is to take cover from the line of fire Tongue LOL

Don't you know ..she has been relegated to DID status since friday , when Krishna  flipped her and there like a ragged doll....

very Good Instinct, Yemi...Keep it n develop it..Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

---Yemi---

corvette IF-Rockerz
corvette
corvette

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:47am | IP Logged

Thank You, Kulvi ..Big smile

They do make a good team ..both Krishna/Paarth, Krishna/Pratigya..

Arjun was all set to  fight for truth andrights and righteousness but was  momentarily overcome by  temporal emotions, It took Geeta Upadesh for Arjun to overcome it..and also he did overcome it bec he knew that what Krishna said was the truth ..he regained the will that was lost temporarily..similarly even here when Pratigya is weakening or is being muzzled, Krishna fights back..giving the proverbial boost to the flagging Pratigya..

I will try to answer as best as I can, for I too am still wondering about it ...IMO..Pratigya's fight is for women's rights..and the stand of right is based more on Law rather than on Dharam..Her motivation is her inherent need  for justice in all things..sometimes even to the deteriment of the victim..

True..But here Pratigya is shown as a girl who is focused only on Truth and rights..sometimes they supersede relations , she is an idealist, a dreamer ,a preacher ..

I accept that K has fallen in love with P and actually has rather a lot to be proud of - after all he has netted a pretty, educated, so called sherni of a wife, who he knows is capable in all ways - great catch!

At the same time , remember Pratigya was not turned on by an educated, well heeled guy and she  made the move towards Krishna after he rejected her, She knew his shortcomings ..yet she accepted him [not fully but yes with some proviso]..I would say that she does love him , where Krishna is extrovert,Pratigya is not..

and yes, Krishna's love tinges on obsessions , it's crushing like a roaring waterfall ..whereas Pratigya's love is like a gentle river..prone to sudden floods..

in an relationship..both need not have the same intensity or depth of love for each other or at the same time ..in KP's case too we do see this fluctuation's..

Pratigya's character is actually very simplistic, and one dimensional ..she is not shown as a character who learns and evolves, who has different facets ..neither is she layered  ..she has remained unchanged right from the inception of the show.. Place Krishna and Pratigya side by side..make  a mental  evolution graph ..you will notice..Krishna changing...while Pratigya remains the same at core.

Sathya - you are tremendous yaar....ka baat haiClap...itne achche se samjhadiya humka ke humri bolti ek dum se band hogay!!!LOL

That in itself dear girl is a feat and a compliment all in one!!Big smile

With you all the way....I can see  how on one level this jodi works, the opposites attract stuff and all, most importantly their mutual love.

But on the other hand the differences are forever omnipresent, like gremlins lurking here and there to rear thier ugly head from time to time.....are they so ominous so as to be insurmountable?

Life for these two as it stands is an uphill struggle.... as for the demons, Kriya either accept and embrace their existence and live life with compromises or constantly battle to defeat them in order to prevail and create the life you want.

Me thinks K would do the former, whilst P would do the latter....therein we have the problem..

If Pratigya's fight is for this idealistic justice thang, I'm afraid she wont get my vote....partially also because  she herself is not impartial in how she views justice - she'd have to change...

As for K - lovable though he mostly is of heart and thought - at times you'd have to have the patience of a saint to "show him the way" so kudos to anyone, P included, that tries.....

---Yemi---MERARAItanthya

...Binny... IF-Rockerz
...Binny...
...Binny...

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:55am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Binny1247

Thanths......Hug

Beatifully written and so accurate... Krishna contains several aspects to his personality each seems far and distant from the previous one... at  moments he is gentle.. then aggressive yet regardless of his behavior the love he has for his wife is unwavering. !!

I especially loved..

Krishna is the Ocean of LoveSmile...and just like ocean ..there will be ebbing tides and high tides ..constant churning  and just as storms, hurricanes cyclones rise over ocean, giving rise to waves so high that it destroys everything in it is wake, batters down anything in its path and this destruction will continue untill the hurricane lasts and once it blows over the ocean return to its tranquility

Krishna's Love too will witness hurricanes, will lash out  but like the ocean his love too has enough depth to absorb the unpalatable truths and accept the truth ...

As well as your description of him as the saarthi... At times he stands in the background while prats takes action yet the moment she needs support.. he is present not only to support but also to give her the strength necessary to fulfill her "pratigya".. more importantly her success lies in Krishna's support.. his love.. and willingness to go against his own to protect her.... in that aspect he seems to be a bit of arjun as well one who must fight against their own for the truth !!

Binny,Hug

Am so happy to see you coming regs now !! Big smile

In Mahabharath, Krishna fights against his whole clan ..not just his family but his whole community ..Arjuna just has to face few near and dear's ..while Krishna faces them all, without flinching and fights them for the triumph of  GOOD...Smile
Embarrassed Big smile

Thanks for the clarification.. I see Krishna must face not only the Tachurs but also the outside world in order to support his babu.. though he must gradually change as well in order to face a world he is distant from at the moment where pratigya comes in.. I feel both need one another in order to stand strong and fight for the truth because Krishna needs her patience in order to be successful !!

Edited by Binny1247 - 14 March 2011 at 10:57am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

corvetteMERARAIhussainramso....Poojie....

tanthya IF-Addictz
tanthya
tanthya

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 1:01pm | IP Logged

Thanths......Hug

Beatifully written and so accurate... Krishna contains several aspects to his personality each seems far and distant from the previous one... at  moments he is gentle.. then aggressive yet regardless of his behavior the love he has for his wife is unwavering. !!

I especially loved..

Krishna is the Ocean of LoveSmile...and just like ocean ..there will be ebbing tides and high tides ..constant churning  and just as storms, hurricanes cyclones rise over ocean, giving rise to waves so high that it destroys everything in it is wake, batters down anything in its path and this destruction will continue untill the hurricane lasts and once it blows over the ocean return to its tranquility

Krishna's Love too will witness hurricanes, will lash out  but like the ocean his love too has enough depth to absorb the unpalatable truths and accept the truth ...

As well as your description of him as the saarthi... At times he stands in the background while prats takes action yet the moment she needs support.. he is present not only to support but also to give her the strength necessary to fulfill her "pratigya".. more importantly her success lies in Krishna's support.. his love.. and willingness to go against his own to protect her.... in that aspect he seems to be a bit of arjun as well one who must fight against their own for the truth !!

Binny,Hug

Am so happy to see you coming regs now !! Big smile

In Mahabharath, Krishna fights against his whole clan ..not just his family but his whole community ..Arjuna just has to face few near and dear's ..while Krishna faces them all, without flinching and fights them for the triumph of  GOOD...Smile
Embarrassed Big smile

Thanks for the clarification.. I see Krishna must face not only the Tachurs but also the outside world in order to support his babu.. though he must gradually change as well in order to face a world he is distant from at the moment where pratigya comes in.. I feel both need one another in order to stand strong and fight for the truth because Krishna needs her patience in order to be successful !!

No Doubts about that...Both are interdependent on each other..both require one another to discover themselves..what these both need is  a dash of sympathy for one another's POV, a bit of patience to really understand  each other action's and the motivation behind the action  and a bit of challenge to dare one another  and bring their hidden strengths out.. [am sleepy donno what I am typing, hope it is making sense]

---Yemi---hussainramso....Poojie....

dhakarn IF-Sizzlerz
dhakarn
dhakarn

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 12:06am | IP Logged

Originally posted by dhakarn

oh di i don't have words to explain or express the feelings brimming in me after/while reading ur ...............i don't know what to call it............perfect description of the truth of K's character and his purpose in the life of Pratigya/MKAP.............Smile would suffice, i think........maybe more..........pls blame it on my poor vocabulary but i can't find a suitable word/phrase to do justice to ur masterpiece .............Take a bow Smile Tongue  Clap That's all i can say..........

If u remember dyehard has also posted something along these lines ...........Smile

coming to ur post (i am using the word post bec i am at a loss to find a fitting word to describe it , so pls don't mind)..............

Krishna is the Ocean of LoveSmile...and just like ocean ..there will be ebbing tides and high tides ..constant churning  and just as storms, hurricanes cyclones rise over ocean, giving rise to waves so high that it destroys everything in it is wake, batters down anything in its path and this destruction will continue untill the hurricane lasts and once it blows over the ocean return to its tranquility , the tides return to its normality..the ocean has changed but is still unchanged, the ocean has swallowed many unpalatable and dangerous things  , but once it absorbs this unpalatable things,,it retaines its calm and resumes its serenity, its unflappability ...it continues inexorably until eternity and so does Krishna's love..

yes, he is exactly like that.............i have always said that Krishna bows down only before love and its this quality that makes him unique.........he listens to heart more than he listens to his mind and that is why we r drawn towards him as gopis r to krishna ........Embarrassed u have described krishna in the most perfect and flawless way Clap Clap Clap

Reverting back to Krishna ...Krishna's love is based on loyalty and trust ...any breach in this and the betrayer is automatically eligible for death ....this is one half of Krishna.

when the storm subsides, be it the storm of betrayal,anger or falsehood ..when it blows over...there still is and will be Love ...like the rock of Gibraltar ...this too is an unshakable truth of Krishna ....one might say the other half of Krishna ...

Two half's...and not related at all ...and still this 2 half's sit comfortably in Krishna ...This is the duality of Krishna ....

yes, we saw this quality of him in many occasions......the most pronounced,  for me was when he ordered a servant to kill his wife bec she betrayed him but when sakthi tried to kill his wife the question he asked was significant.......he didn't ask why u tried to kill her, she is your wife? but he asked why did u try to kill ur wife ? what has she done to u?............which clearly states that if kesar was not an innocent , poor , battered and abused woman
krishna wouldn't have minded even if sakthi killed her infront of him as he told Pratigya that day, if bauji was not present there he would personally have finished off that woman.........and that's krishna.....accept him like that........there is no other way.......

and regarding krishna as 'saarthi' , yes, it has been shown time and again that P can't win unless and until K gives her the necessary space or helps her.......if he is not there to shield her from his family/evil most of the battles she is fighting would have been long lost.........and i for one has cried hoarse to all those who have dared to call him JKG and Pratigya's pet that no he is not like that, he is a man of his own heart and mind and in his world he decides things and as his world is pratigya he decided on her happiness most of the times
in a way that is  convenient to him too.....whenever he is not finding it convenient to him we see him frustrated and angry ......as we see today how he is risking her happiness and trust for his convenience..........and as he is not getting the desired result he is angry and frustrated......

Also I have felt that like KRISHNA, krishna also is insensitive and the thing that matters to him is only the end result and not the path/or how he is going to achieve it''''.he doesn't care about the people involved or their hearts , its his wish, his desire and his convenience ''''..its the end good he is aiming at as we saw with his lies here'''..

And as they say krishna is the hero and villain of Mahabharata , in the same way krishna is the hero and villain of MKAP''''.Smile

and di, thanks again for such an illuminating shower of words which described the essence of K and his role in MKAP........Star

I would not say , Krishna is insensitive, Dhanya ..Krishna is sensitive..too sensitive..but this sensitivity is aligned with calm pragmatism rather than  Soft emotion's..He can love  ,protect, care for Paarth even above his own life, yet he will not hesitate to pull in Paarth if  Krishna perceives that Paarth is not doing to his ability , or act independently of Paarth or his wish...well, gandhari had called him insensitive when she finally saw the corpses of her sons, just before she cursed him.........and many argue that its rightly so ...............the debate is still going on...........but ofcourse in-sensitiveness is of diff genres

Krishna is blessed with foresight, and yet at the same time he knows what he wants..and  he achieves this with cool,impersonal precision..en route if he gets humiliated,koi baat nahi, if ppl laugh at him, koi baat nahi, if ppl feel sorry for him, koi baat nahi ...for at the end his objective that he set out for  is achieved  and just as lord krishna forgot and forgives everyone with a smile, Krishna too does after passing some pithy comment

Thank You  very much for appreciating my post ..and it is a post, Dear Smile...di, i have always thought of MKAP having so much similarities with mahabharata and that's why i was so overwhelmed by reading ur post.............krishna was meant to be krishna , it was so obvious and also i think SS is shakuni and amma and sakthi could be the shikhandis............Smile

Go to top