Book Talk

Suggestions for Regency romance novels (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

Srishika_A

Srishika_A

Posted: 03 April 2012 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
julia quinn is awesome i hv 2 giv u dat!
since u r looking 4 regency u can opt 4 Judith Mcnaugth (spell chk). She is quite good. though at times her novels r a little intense bt yes if u like strong heroes den u'll enjoy her. Also note dat u might find judith's novels a little boring in d biggining bt once u r past d first 5-10 pages u'll be gripped den. & i bet u wont be able 2 leave even if u want 2!
Gaelen Foley is also good.

i hv personally read both d abv authors & hence m speaking frm personal experience bt yes go 4 these authors only if u like strong heroes. If u want i can recommend more.

P.S these books r not 4 kids if u knw wat i meanWinkLOL

Edited by Srishika_A - 03 April 2012 at 3:15pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ayesha109angelirebelli

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Suggestions for Regency romance novels (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

angelirebelli

IF-Dazzler

angelirebelli

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 5:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Srishika_A

julia quinn is awesome i hv 2 giv u dat!
since u r looking 4 regency u can opt 4 Judith Mcnaugth (spell chk). She is quite good. though at times her novels r a little intense bt yes if u like strong heroes den u'll enjoy her. Also note dat u might find judith's novels a little boring in d biggining bt once u r past d first 5-10 pages u'll be gripped den. & i bet u wont be able 2 leave even if u want 2!
Gaelen Foley is also good.

i hv personally read both d abv authors & hence m speaking frm personal experience bt yes go 4 these authors only if u like strong heroes. If u want i can recommend more.

P.S these books r not 4 kids if u knw wat i meanWinkLOL

Judith Mcnaught is one of my fav regency writers. Her stories aren't superficial, they go further beyond. Nobody does drama like her, and her attention to detail is incomparable. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ayesha109Srishika_A

Sparkyk

Sparkyk

Posted: 24 May 2012 at 10:43am | IP Logged
hey Julia quin is one of my fav. authors too...which books have you all read?? have you read the bridgerton series? 

judith mcnaught is also awesome..though her books are a bit too looong..but they are good! i just finished a contemporary book by her.

Lhethal.Me

IF-Sizzlerz

Lhethal.Me

Posted: 27 May 2012 at 4:47am | IP Logged
McNaught, Lindsey, Julie Garwood, Lisa Kleypas (Gamblers series. I didn't like the Wallflowers series much) Georgette Heyer, Sarah Maclean, Loretta Chase...

*Phew*
All of them are great! If u like Julia Quinn...Sarah Maclean is the closest to her style of writing...
(Start with 11 scandals. I think that's the best of the triology)

And if u dun wanna start with her I think Garwood is a rather good start in Regency. She keeps you hooked.

Hope this helped.

Edited by livelygal - 02 June 2012 at 5:49am

miss_bennet

IF-Rockerz

miss_bennet

Posted: 02 June 2012 at 4:33am | IP Logged
Austen, Brontes, Elizabeth Gaskell...

bluerose1889

Goldie

bluerose1889

Posted: 05 June 2012 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Judith McNaught 's books are really good. I love all her historical and contemporary novel.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top