Book Talk

Suggestions for Regency romance novels

angel82 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I read Julia Quinn's works recently and I found them interesting..So thought of reading historical romances for a while..I have read the classics - the jane austin, shakespear ones earlier...I'm looking for something more like Julia Quinn's..

so any suggestions for a good historical author or book ?

Thanks,

Angie

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aishwaryagayen thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
go fo johanna lindsay especially a piratsz luv by her
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Hmm.....did you read all of Jane Austen's? Each one has an original and grip-hooking plot.

Also, there are the Bronte sisters' books...I don't know whether they're Regency, but it sounds like that time period.
EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
If you are a regency fan and love Austen u would def love Georgette Heyer as well she is an amazing writer and her regency romance novels are to die for.

I have read a few of them myself on recommendations from a friend and never regretted it - the first book by her i read was called Frederica

nandini27 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
hey Angie,

i think you wud love Garwood boooks. She is trivs and my fav author...she has regency and scottish novels...highlander guys and all...u'l def love dem if u loved quinn...

nandu
angelirebelli thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
There are a few regencies by Judith Mcnaught which I read but my fav of them all is Once n Always..

There are many writers but they tend to get quite monotonous. You might want to try Georgette Heyer, Mary Balogh for starters..
uvebeenhad thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I recommend Suzanne Enoch, very similar to Julia Quinn with same kind of repartees between the lead pair...
Stephanie Laurens is another author you would like.
Srishika_A thumbnail
julia quinn is awesome i hv 2 giv u dat!
since u r looking 4 regency u can opt 4 Judith Mcnaugth (spell chk). She is quite good. though at times her novels r a little intense bt yes if u like strong heroes den u'll enjoy her. Also note dat u might find judith's novels a little boring in d biggining bt once u r past d first 5-10 pages u'll be gripped den. & i bet u wont be able 2 leave even if u want 2!
Gaelen Foley is also good.

i hv personally read both d abv authors & hence m speaking frm personal experience bt yes go 4 these authors only if u like strong heroes. If u want i can recommend more.

P.S these books r not 4 kids if u knw wat i mean๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by Srishika_A - 12 years ago
angelirebelli thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Srishika_A

julia quinn is awesome i hv 2 giv u dat!
since u r looking 4 regency u can opt 4 Judith Mcnaugth (spell chk). She is quite good. though at times her novels r a little intense bt yes if u like strong heroes den u'll enjoy her. Also note dat u might find judith's novels a little boring in d biggining bt once u r past d first 5-10 pages u'll be gripped den. & i bet u wont be able 2 leave even if u want 2!
Gaelen Foley is also good.

i hv personally read both d abv authors & hence m speaking frm personal experience bt yes go 4 these authors only if u like strong heroes. If u want i can recommend more.

P.S these books r not 4 kids if u knw wat i mean๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

Judith Mcnaught is one of my fav regency writers. Her stories aren't superficial, they go further beyond. Nobody does drama like her, and her attention to detail is incomparable. 

Sparkyk thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
hey Julia quin is one of my fav. authors too...which books have you all read?? have you read the bridgerton series? 

judith mcnaught is also awesome..though her books are a bit too looong..but they are good! i just finished a contemporary book by her.