India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Manisha-- an offensive overexaggeration

KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
Probably not what everyone cares about now. But it's been bugging me for a while. And within the last month, the character has gotten much worse--with both the creatives and the actor making the character an offensive exaggeration of gay people.  And the actor is overacting very badly.  

People always complain about the AA track and that NM is a bad actress.  But Manisha is what I can't stand in that track now.  NM is not great or good, but aside from the fact that she's gotten a little better, Manisha's overacting is worse that NM/Annie's non-acting.

I'm not even talking about the character being into each and every male that walks.  I'm talking about how bad the attempt to portray a flamboyant gay male is.  Yes, there are flamboyant gay males, but this one is just embarrassing to watch because the portrayal is just horrible.

But people just find it amusing and hilarious--because it's all well and good to make gay and homophobic jokes. 

Edited by likarsh - 13 March 2011 at 8:41pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kaamchornigeetmaanluvaanyakunatDMKJ_VB

undisclosed IF-Addictz
undisclosed
undisclosed

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
i'm sorry you feel this way... i have to admit that i enjoy the character as a comic relief...but you raise a valid point...there is a fine line between comedy and offending...i find the character unique and i hope they can improve upon it so that others are not offended...Smile
KhatamKahani IF-Stunnerz
KhatamKahani
KhatamKahani

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 9:58am | IP Logged
There were times when the character was a good comic relief.  But I don't find that true anymore.  Even compared with biggest, most flamboyant and loud queen, Manisha is still a badly overacted character these days.  It's embarrassing to watch.

Edited by likarsh - 15 March 2011 at 11:25am
aanyakunat IF-Rockerz
aanyakunat
aanyakunat

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 11:02am | IP Logged
unfortunately gay characters in hindi films and tv shows have always been used as comic relief... i know only a couple of hindi movies where gay characters are treated with dignity and tv shows mostly havn't even come that far... the actor really cannot be blamed here coz the character is written that way and the actor is probably told to behave in a certain manner... the only relief if any is that the character's homosexuality is accepted quite openly by all the other characters in the show... homosexuality atleast is not treated as a taboo in the show... 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DMKJ_VBKhatamKahani

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index