Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Star One Should Extend The Schedule:7.00 - 10.30pm (Page 2)

WooHooHaha21 IF-Dazzler
WooHooHaha21
WooHooHaha21

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
@All: I agree with your points.. It would be very good if the channel increases their time slot.. Star one is the only channel I watched uptil now.. Just started Imagine a month ago for PMMKA.. But anyways the point is that I agree that they should extend the time slot or bring in new time slot but I also remember that this point was brought forward some few years ago too.. I dont remember when exactly it was but I guess it was some 2 years ago when I was just a silent viewer not even a member.. Since that day nothing has happened.. Even when DMG and MJHT were ending, many people wanted the channel to increase their time slot and introduce new shows in different time slots or atleast shift the previous shows to the new time slots.. But it did not happen.. It has been the same with Star One.. They work in one policy with just five shows on it..

However, I would be very much happy if they extend their time slots.. It would be great for RBO! People would actually stop targeting our show.. But I seriously wonder if Star One would ever listen.. We all know how partial they are towards RBO.. No new promos since like what ages! I need not explain on that..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

saaazThe_May_Rose

saaaz IF-Dazzler
saaaz
saaaz

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
It is a very interesting proposition May. But I think there should be a couple of issues to consider..

firstly, Star as a company would not place competing time slots between channels under its own umbrella, unless the two shows cater to different sources of TRPs.

Therefore one could say, since Starone is 'youth' based, it could ideally slot 'youth' based shows against the saas bahu ...unfortunately, market analysis states that youth do not typically watch TV in the early evenings..that is a saas bahu slot, which makes Star one in a conundrum becos advertizers will not advertize on a youth show during the evening slots. 

Which is why in the first place, Star one in order to cater to a market separate from Star plus was IMO established. However, what has happened in the recent times is, even their youth based has not been able to garner any TRPS, in fact it was due to this reason, that Star one shifted its focus to 'family' orientation last year. This began with the final track of shows such as LNMDJ and the onsluaght of two shows- RBO and Geet brought in 'social' based tracks...widow remarriage and honour killing. Of course somewhere along the way, they realized even that did not work and went back to 'youth' marketing. 

Expansion at this point for Starone is a far cry, because it has not been able to establish itself in the television market at all. Until it comes up with some safe bets, it will not increase its kitty, because marketing for existing time slots is shaky. 

One possible way is the other point  you are alluding to - which is having a mixed bag of shows catering to various sources of TRP, but I think Star One has missed the pioneering boat on that one...SOny with its alliance with YRF seems to be testing what one may call multiplex way of presenting shows. THis has met mixed reactions, it is a testing phase and methinks there is a high possibility that if the second round of the YRF-Sony arrangement works to some extent, Star one maybe the next channel to join such a bandwagon. I firmly believe Star one should have been the testing ground for this, becos all of YRF shows are followed by the youth. 

Again, I am coming from just trying to understand programming dynamics of TV channels in India- and am not making any claims or predictions based on my favorite show...Big smile..just my two completely clinical bit...

WooHooHaha21The_May_Rose

-YasharanArshi- IF-Rockerz
-YasharanArshi-
-YasharanArshi-

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 10:59pm | IP Logged
May !!!!!!!
Again a Great Post .... Yaaaar you are great !!!!!

Whatever happens, to accomodate new shows , they shouldnt AXE current shows !!!!  
I support !!!!

Edited by rbo_d_best - 13 March 2011 at 11:01pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RagSiaWooHooHaha21The_May_Rose

SHANAKFAN Senior Member
SHANAKFAN
SHANAKFAN

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 12:07am | IP Logged
really very nice n appropriate post by may...great may agree wid u totally...seriously why cant starone think of it just use 7 to 8 pm slot at that time 2 shows can b adjusted even 10 :30 slot is also there so dey can utilize dat slot also....so overall another 3 shows can b adjusted but if dey really think of it...this is benefitted to them only by this they can increase d popularity of d channel...as may said earlier dat on starone variety is shown ...so they really have to think abt it...

WooHooHaha21The_May_Rose

jyothi1989 IF-Dazzler
jyothi1989
jyothi1989

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 12:17am | IP Logged
that would be the best solution may hope star one considers it and uses the 7 to 8 pm slots

WooHooHaha21The_May_Rose

RagSia Goldie
RagSia
RagSia

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 3:53am | IP Logged
nice observation.
I think 10:30, 11 n 11:30 should be filled...
all mommas n dadiz go to sleep by that time n we people back from office, school n college can relieve on shows...

WooHooHaha21The_May_Rose

The_May_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
The_May_Rose
The_May_Rose

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:19am | IP Logged

Thanks for your comments Sonali, Bona, Varsha, Gaayu, Ammu, Aditee, Doye. Nattie, Saaz, Shalini, Reena, Jyothi, Sneha.....

Good suggestions regarding afternoon or even late evening time-slots....Hadn't considered those...

I have already posted the same topic on the Star One's official discussion forum, Star Forums....I welcome any members, to  conveying this message to the neccessary people in Star One's management department, vire FaceBook etc....And / Or you my full permission to post the link this thread on Star One's FacBook page too....

Aditee, Nattie & Saaz raised some valid points on the willingness and business aspects of the channel....Valid points to consider....By as Doye said....If there is a chance, that some small effort has a positive outcome for our show in the long-term....I think it's worth atleast voicing our opinion and to try somethingSmile....

Feel free to do whatever it takes to spread the word and get the message to the right people and places!Smile....

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

WooHooHaha21-Deepali-bones88

sachkasamna Groupbie
sachkasamna
sachkasamna

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:56am | IP Logged
awesome idea

WooHooHaha21The_May_Rose

Go to top