Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Give my princess DD a break. PLZ....

Amoureux thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

Okay guyz enough. This has been going on for quite some time and I kept on ignoring this. Never bothered to reply to posts bashing Drashti for being unprofessional and not showing a baby bump. Because I thought replying to post just leads to controversies and headaches for the moderators and it's better to avoid such stuff to maintain the peace of the forum. But I guess this ain't gonna stop so let me add my two bits to the entire issue. Listing down some points that I feel need some clarification. I don't expect you all to agree to this but ponder over them with an open mind.

By saying no to baby bump shows unprofessional behavior:  

Believe me guyz the production houses run for business. And do you think the PH would tolerate any unprofessional behavior of any actor? Think about it' There are numerous shows and actors which have parted ways on such issues. So what seems "unprofessional" to you and me would very well fit in professional terms for the PH and actors. So let's stop being judgmental about her professionalism.

If she wants to become a successful actress she shouldn't have apprehensions playing some parts.

Does this point even need a justification? Every human being has apprehension about certain things. Every single human being is comfortable with certain things and not with others. One man's meat could be other man's poison.  And how can we even say that she shouldn't have apprehensions to be successful? What does that even mean?  

I remember when the movie CHAMELI was released there were some rumours (I'm saying rumours cause I'm not sure if it was true) that it was offered to some actresses who were apprehensive of playing the role of a prostitute before Kareena accepted to do the role. So that means the other actresses who were apprehensive were unprofessional and will not be successful because of their apprehensions?  

Now you may say that playing a mother and a prostitute are two different things. Ok fine then there are numerous such instances where actors have said no to certain things? I can give examples

SRK said not to play Munna Bhai in the Munna Bhai MBBS movie because he thought the movie will not work, Madhuri said no to play Mohinish Behl's wife in Hum Saath Saath hai since she was apprehensive of her pairing with Mohinish which ultimately Tabbu did. These could be rumours but there were news doing rounds when these movies were released. Lets forget bollywood for some time. I specifically targeted bollywood because I did not want to compare other shows or actresses here but lets take a very recent example. Sara Khan (Sadhna of Bidaai fame) was not comfortable playing a mother to an eight year old daughter and thus she left Bidaai. But Parul Chauhan had no such apprehensions. Thus she did the role. So was Sara wrong?  And lets not forget Sara still has a huge fan following and did Big Boss and now is doing RAM MILAYE JODI. Did that stop her from being successful?  I leave that for you to answer...  

Popular actresses from bollywood and tellyworld have done this so why not Drashti

As I have already said one man's meat could be other man's poison. Some people did it good for them. Drashti does not want to do it... I respect her opinion. She has been in the industry for quite some time now and I'm sure she knows whats good for her and whats not. And mind you these are still rumours which have not been confirmed by either Drashti or the PH. And even if these are not rumours I'm with Drashti. Imagine a girl playing Geet, giving intense and awesome intimate scenes with her costar, does it even sound right that she would say no to sport a baby bump and if she is saying no then does it not mean she has genuine reasons to say a no which might be important for her or her family? I mean are you or me aware of her reasons? Do we exactly understand why she is saying a no? No right... Then who are we to judge her without knowing the truth...  Don't you think we are being selfish? Just because we want to see her playing a mother we are upset that she said a NO....  (Which let me remind you again is still a rumour)

She shouldn't have signed Geet cause she knew from the beginning what she was doing?

Were you and me present when the concept was narrated to Drashti? Do we know what the production house must have told her about the story? Probably miscarriage was always on card for the story but the PH delayed it for fans reactions. Probably Drashti must have already told the PH in the beginning that she would not show up a baby bump' Thus even the PH did not force her'. And secondly yes she knew what she was doing but lets not forget this is a serial where you don't have the entire script for the whole year or two ready before hand as opposed to movies.  A movie has a bound script which does changes in bits and pieces but a serial is always made in chunks... So a movie actor always knows what is expected of him / her but a teleserial actor might not know whats in store.  So what makes us say she should not have done it?

Infact I'm thankful to her that she played Geet so well that I feel connected to the show as a fan. I don't think anyone would have been able to play Geet the way she has done it.  I cannot imagine the serial without her.  

Now something about the miscarriage part'

Baby was the core. Fight of a mother to keep the baby alive? How can people not want the baby? Don't you have a heart?

Oh please it's a story after all and all stories have highs and lows. Agree baby was the core but do not agree that it was the fight of a mother to keep the baby alive. Rather it was the fight of girl for her rights and justice for the wrong doings on her. It was her fight for what she felt was right. Imagine had Geet not been pregnant would she still have forgotten Dev? Nopes she would have still wanted to search him and punish him for his deeds. That's exactly what she was trying to do despite of her family wanting her to forget everything about Dev. Later she realized she was pregnant and wanted to keep the child because she was not wrong.  And as a mother she loved her child.  Had she not been pregnant she would have still come to the city, still tried to search for Dev and still tried to punish him for his deeds.  Because she was the one who suffered mental and emotional torture. The baby part just added more spice because the reasons became more solid now.  And how can one say that people on the forum do not have a heart if they expected a miscarriage to be shown? As previously said probably the MC was always on cards but got delayed cause of fans reactions cause we fans felt so much for the baby. But it's a story and needs to proceed. So some twists are needed take the story forward. So the CVs and the PH showed it when they felt it was right. It's not about you or me wanting or not wanting it's about how the story tellers feel they can tell a story'  that's it'. Indeed our feedback needs to be listened to but we are not always aware of situations and problems that the CVs or the PH have.   So if someone expected a MC to be shown does not mean they do not have a heart' I'm sure we all feel for the baby and feel for Maan and Geet and their loss. But that's life right. Its not always a bed of roses. Ups and downs are a part of it. So lets see how Maan and Geet support each other in times of such emotional turmoil.

So after all of this if you feel you don't respect Drashti anymore and think she is responsible for the MC I think you either expecting a little too much of an actor or you are being rude to her for playing her part so beautifully.

Sorry for the long post guyz but it was about time to get this out. Healthy debates are always welcome but not at the cost of bashing actors or rude remarks. So let's maintain the decorum on the forum and avoid headaches for our mods too. Things can be discussed politely and I'm open for that. Thanks!

Edited by Azmatazz - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

utopia88 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Great post!!    πŸ‘πŸΌ

I agree with everything you said!!  

Awesome DD is a true professional!!    πŸ‘

DD
is a phenomenal actress and she deserves respect and recognition for her hard work!!   πŸ‘

DD is a genuine and kind individual!!

ALL GEET FANS NEED TO SUPPORT TALENTED DD!!!
   πŸ‘πŸΌ
maaneet_pisces thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i agree...i adore her acting skills....and i am sure she must be having her reasons for not sporting the bump...getting a child would always have been a problem in relation to the logistics etc...

i somewhere do believe that if she would have agreed the logic behind showing so much about the baby without a bump would not have been raised...

but all said and done....mc was bound to happen...and drashti decision to not sport a bump only hampered the logic but the decision was for sure not made on those lines...

love drashti's acting skills....and hope to see her as the lively and jovial geet soon :)
Edited by maaneet_pisces - 13 years ago
starchase thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
omg azz love u πŸ€—!!! simply amazing post which i think everyone should read πŸ˜Š totally agree wid u hun x absolutely adore DD and the immense talent she brings on to screenπŸ˜ƒEdited by salma434 - 13 years ago
Infinitedreams thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Great post, seriously guys give her a break....

Muniza
Amoureux thumbnail
Originally posted by: luv_harshad

Very well saidπŸ‘

Thanks buddy. I just hope people understand certain things....
Amoureux thumbnail
Originally posted by: utopia88

Great post!!    πŸ‘πŸΌ

I agree with everything you said!!  

Awesome DD is a true professional!!    πŸ‘

DD
is a phenomenal actress and she deserves respect and recognition for her hard work!!   πŸ‘

DD is a genuine and kind individual!!

ALL GEET FANS NEED TO SUPPORT TALENTED DD!!!
   πŸ‘πŸΌ

I agree... DD is an exceptional talent and she deserves every bit of respect and recognition. But it hurts to see people target her unnecessarily based on mere rumours
Amoureux thumbnail
Originally posted by: maaneet_pisces

i agree...i adore her acting skills....and i am sure she must be having her reasons for not sporting the bump...getting a child would always have been a problem in relation to the logistics etc...

i somewhere do believe that if she would have agreed the logic behind showing so much about the baby without a bump would not have been raised...

but all said and done....mc was bound to happen...and drashti decision to not sport a bump only hampered the logic but the decision was for sure not made on those lines...

love drashti's acting skills....and hope to see her as the lively and jovial geet soon :)

I agree... Specially to the part highlighted in red above..... Besides there are so many reasons that one may not be aware of . Issues and reasons the PH may have that not we all know about. Becuase ultimately we get a made episode but we are never aware of behind the scene issues. So its better to confirm some rumours before being judgemental
Amoureux thumbnail
Originally posted by: salma434

omg azz love u πŸ€—!!! simply amazing post which i think everyone should read πŸ˜Š totally agree wid u hun x absolutely adore DD and the immense talent she brings on to screenπŸ˜ƒ

Thanks Salma... 😊 Beleive me i was very hurt after reading some comments on certain post!!! But comments like yours relaxes me 😳
Absoluv thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: maaneet_pisces

I agree with u on the bold part....πŸ‘πŸΌ

Azi dear....AWESOME post... I think u shud be a LAWYER or a Public Speaker coz u certainly know how to get ur points across & how to word ur thoughts that they get the attention of the readers & listeners....U r simply toooo gooodd...πŸ‘

I agree with u, since u gave so many examples, that every actor has their own apprehensions about certain things...BUT like the above black bold line says , I feel that to be reasonable ....Sporting  a bump is NOT a BIG DEAL....thats all I have to say & if for any given reason DD was firm about it then I blame the CVs to drag the baby track in such a ridiculous manner for almost over a year...I rest my case My Lord....πŸ˜›

But dear Azi..u really made a very very good post....everyone shud read it AS IT BRINGS IN A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE TO LIGHT....πŸ‘