PC was never the choice for Two States Pg4

-Anjaani- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago
Priyanka Chopra was never the choice for Two States: Vishal Bharadwaj
Published: Sunday, Mar 13, 2011, 14:39 IST
Place: New Delhi | Agency: PTI

Priyanka Chopra

Vishal Bharadwaj is not planning to repeat Priyanka Chopra in the Shah Rukh Khan starrer Two States but the director says that it has nothing to do with the mixed reviews received by their last outing together Saat Khoon Maaf.

Bharadwaj and Khan have confirmed their collaboration on Two States, an adaptation of the semi-autobiographical novel of the same name by Chetan Bhagat.

"I never considered Priyanka for Two States. The character is a Tamil Brahmin girl and she is a Punjabi. As far as success and failure are concerned I don't think it has anything to do with people's craft and Priyanka is a fabulous actress," said Bharadwaj who had earlier worked with the 28-year-old actress in the 2009 hit Kaminey.

Though the filmmaker is known for taking risks when it comes to cinema, Bharadwaj says that he was not expecting the harsh reviews that Saat Khoon Maaf received from critics.

The film which was co-scripted by Ruskin Bond, traces the life of Sussana who kills off her six husbands in her bid to find true love and then becomes a nun.

"It was dark humour. And according to me all cinema is a mix of fable and reality. I thought I had made a feminist film but not many understood it that way," said Bharadwaj.

"I do not care much for reviews, but I did not expect such harsh reactions, not from the public but in general. But when anything new comes, there are bound to be such reactions," said the director.

But before he begins filming his next, Bharadwaj said that he will take a break.

"I am going to take a break though I don't really know what am I going to do while at it," said Bharadwaj.

Edited by lovePC - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
He would have considered her if 7 koon maaf was a hit. And again with the dark humor, does Vishal even know what dark humor films are? There was nothing dark humorous about the film...maybe I missed something..
Edited by beboholic - 13 years ago
ALI_Elly thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@beboholic:SKM kabhi bhi hit nahi ho sakti thi..lolx
nd failure is not any thing new for vishal his first 3 movies maqbol,omkara,blue umbrella bomb @ the box office...
only kaminey was semihit...
but he is brilliant film maker...
luv all his movies except SKM..
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I don't think he was upset about the boxoffice, I think he was shocked that critics didn't love his film. Even if omkara and other films didn't do well in the boxoffice, he got rave reviews for it! I think he wasn't expecting to get bad reviews for 7 koon maaf. I guess Vishal u gotta step it up for your next film, now you know critics aren't gonna love everything you do.
MeghaSRKLover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
well i feel sorry for directors-actors duo's who have worked so much together that if they decide to work with others media turns them into enemies πŸ˜†

havent seen 7km..til i do i wont get what the fuss is abt. frm tnhe promos itself it looked boring & predictable. (predictable as in she marries then kills, marries then kills, marries then kills (repeat another 4 times) then the film finishes.

maybe theres more to it then she marries then kills but i havent watched it
Edited by MeghaSRKLover - 13 years ago
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
it makes sense..why would he consider a punjabi actress for a south indian in the first place..that is a dumb idea reserved fr the crass comedy ilk
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Well there were rumours that he dropped her after SKM flopped. There were so many stories on how he went to Berline and narrated to SRK and they decided to cast PC.

I think Vidya would be a great choice! Deepika is a natural choice since she is south indian but then we'll get a baap-beti jodi. A while ago there was news that south actress Trisha was casted? The suspense continues...
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: MeghaSRKLover

well i feel sorry for directors-actors duo's who have worked so much together that if they decide to work with others media turns them into enemies πŸ˜†

havent seen 7km..til i do i wont get what the fuss is abt. frm tnhe promos itself it looked boring & predictable. (predictable as in she marries then kills, marries then kills, marries then kills (repeat another 4 times) then the film finishes.

maybe theres more to it then she marries then kills but i havent watched it

Nope you're spot on. πŸ˜†There was NO plot. Khoon kiya, maaf hua X 7 πŸ˜›
MeghaSRKLover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
^ok whew, since i guessed it i wont have to watch it πŸ˜†
i've been putting it off for a long time, now its permenantly off my list of films to watch

i would love to see SRK-Vidya pairing! they both have said they want to work together but no ones casting them together πŸ˜”

maybe soon something will come up
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
YAY! Was tired of Vishal-PC duoπŸ₯±