India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

The (wo)man of the house - Kokila Modi

mridhu Senior Member
mridhu
mridhu

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 1:09pm | IP Logged

She's fierce; she holds her own amidst everyone and never backs off a good game. And by game, I mean pretty much everything that life throws her way!

Pretty vocal and painfully frank, there's no beating around the bush for this lady - if it's a spade, spade is what she will call it.

Whether she's supporting her children/family, yelling at her daughters-in-law, taunting Hetal (this I don't enjoy too much, but never mind) or showing Urmila or Savita Behn their rightful place, Kokila is one woman who has her own set of opinions and values and will stick to it no matter what or who is at the receiving end.

She is one person who you wouldn't want to rub off on the wrong side. And yet, she does have a soft heart, and shows off the tender side of her from time to time.

She is the "man of the house"

Initially, I thought Koki was one of those loud annoying MILs, but then as time went by, she had definitely grown on me.

And to Rupal Patel, who does an absolutely fabulous job as Kokila. Thank you, for giving us Koki, without whom, frankly, the show is incomplete! 

Edited by mridhu - 13 March 2011 at 1:10pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sz786shaffahamzanuha-tellyaddict-ll-Shilpa-llsuk19ANJ4avivakirktina_1234

ll-Shilpa-ll IF-Sizzlerz
ll-Shilpa-ll
ll-Shilpa-ll

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Totally agree, she is the reason I started watching the show.
ANJ4 IF-Sizzlerz
ANJ4
ANJ4

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
I like her because She now love Gopi so much.  Sometimes I think more than her own children.  I wish I had a MIL like her.
.Verity. IF-Stunnerz
.Verity.
.Verity.

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 3:41pm | IP Logged
I agree she makes the show, but at the same time she is a loud annoying MIL, all the negatives you have mentioned and much more.

It's her way  always, no one else can be correct only her opinion is best. As we can see by her mother's experiments and little work Naani gives Rashi, that there is another way, other than the Kokila way.

Kokila's way with Rashi, is to watch her fail at something then have a big gathering, with all watching like stooges, where she can point out that failing to her. 

She's not a good MIL, Gopi is her little servant girl, she learns nothing from Kokila, everything she knows she brought with her, she is married to one of the wealthiest men in the area, she should be shaped up to what Aham wants, educated etc, but Kokila thinks what Aham wants is not important, she knows best what he should have in a wife that is why she has not bothered to guide Gopi towards Aham's ideals. 

She's a crap MIL, crap Sister-in-Law, crap wife (doesn't support Parag's work, his a poet), she doesn't do any work in the house (when she does she is puffing out of breath, and leaves it for Mani and Gopi to do). 

The only good quality i see is that she is wiser to Rashi and Urmila's games.

Edited by Nafisa_blossoms - 13 March 2011 at 3:43pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sky23

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top