Rajeev Khandelwal FC!!!Back With SKS!!! - Page 104

Posted: 13 years ago
Viacom18 to release Anurag Kashyap's Shaitan on 10 June
Indiantelevision.com Team
(22 April 2011 10:50 am)

MUMBAI: Fresh from the success of its film Tanu Weds Manu, Viacom18 is gearing up to release Anurag Kashyap's Shaitan.

Out to prove that 'There's a Devil in all of us', the film marks the directorial debut of Bejoy Nambiar, earlier assistant director to Mani Ratnam in Guruand Raavan. The movie is a fast paced topical thriller inspired by some real life incidents on 10 June.

Produced by Anurag Kashyap and co-produced by Tipping Point Films,Shaitan is the first of its kind film on teenage angst and the rebellious attitudes of youth in metropolitans, where one night of drunken partying leads to twists in events.

The film stars Rajeev Khandelwal, Kalki Koechlin, Neil Bhoopalam, Shiv 

Posted: 13 years ago

MUMBAI: Fresh from the success of its film Tanu Weds Manu, Viacom18 is gearing up to release Anurag Kashyap's Shaitan.

Out to prove that 'There's a Devil in all of us', the film marks the directorial debut of Bejoy Nambiar, earlier assistant director to Mani Ratnam in Guru and Raavan. The movie is a fast paced topical thriller inspired by some real life incidents on 10 June.

Produced by Anurag Kashyap and co-produced by Tipping Point Films, Shaitan is the first of its kind film on teenage angst and the rebellious attitudes of youth in metropolitans, where one night of drunken partying leads to twists in events.

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by oliveya

MUMBAI: Fresh from the success of its film Tanu Weds Manu, Viacom18 is gearing up to release Anurag Kashyap's Shaitan.

Out to prove that 'There's a Devil in all of us', the film marks the directorial debut of Bejoy Nambiar, earlier assistant director to Mani Ratnam in Guru and Raavan. The movie is a fast paced topical thriller inspired by some real life incidents on 10 June.

Produced by Anurag Kashyap and co-produced by Tipping Point Films, Shaitan is the first of its kind film on teenage angst and the rebellious attitudes of youth in metropolitans, where one night of drunken partying leads to twists in events.

thanks for the article
There is no dearth of talented directors in Bollywood but they get wasted because producers are busy chasing established names, says filmmaker Anurag Kashyap who had struggled a lot to release his first film " Black Friday".

"This industry only follows what you have done before. It goes by your previous box office record and that's why the industry is in such a sad state. As far as I'm concerned, I just like to nurture people. I'll back people I feel have potential," Kashyap, 38, told IANS in an interview.

As a producer, he has worked with many newcomers like Vikramaditya Motwane of " Udaan" fame and Bijoy Nambiar, who debuts with "Shaitan".

"I was really fortunate that the industry didn't pass Bijoy's film and ultimately it came to me. But it's unfortunate that the whole industry couldn't see a brilliant idea in a great filmmaker and that's why a lot of good filmmakers with good ideas get wasted here. I didn't need to think twice to do this film ('Shaitan')," said Kashyap.

Is he making films with debutant directors to help them?

"I have not helped them; in fact, they have helped me. Looking at things from my perspective, I feel they have given me a chance to earn credibility from their films and I've got the power to continue making such films (about 1993 Mumbai blasts).

"It's sad for the industry as it cannot see a Vikramaditya Motwane before 'Udaan' or a Bijoy before 'Shaitan'," said the director.

"Udaan", which Kashyap produced, not only triumphed at all the awards functions in the country, it was also screened at the 2010 Cannes International Film Festival in the Un Certain Regard section and became the first film to represent India in the prestigeous fest's official section in the last seven years.

He describes his next production venture "Shaitan" as "A David Fincher kind of movie, set in Mumbai, made by an Indian".

" 'Shaitan' is a film that deals with a group of five rich kids. They have access to money, are from affluent backgrounds, but they don't do anything, so they experiment with life like a lot of kids of this generation. Then comes that one moment that really turns around their lives," he said.

The film that is slated for a June release stars Rajeev Khandelwal and Kashyap's actress girlfriend Kalki Koechlin. In the initial stage, Arshad Warsi was supposed to play the lead role

"Bijoy used to come home to meet Kalki to discuss her role and at that time it was meant to have Arshad Warsi and some more people. It was a far bigger project and somebody else was producing it.

"But I realised that the film is not moving for almost two years. So I told Bijoy 'if things are not working out, let me know, I'll produce it, it's just that I can't do it on a big budget'. So it started with that and one day he came and said I would like you to produce my film," said Kashyap, who has directed "Dev D" and "Gulaal".

Even though "Udaan" fetched loads of awards and critical appreciation, Kashyap feels "Shaitan" is a notch better than that.

"For me, when I saw 'Udaan', I felt that it's better than most of my films, and now I feel the same about 'Shaitan'. I think everyone will like this film. I'm extremely proud of it," he said.

Google

Website
 First Look: Kalki smooching another girl in Shaitan

|
22/04/11  At least producer Anurag Kashyap seems to think that of his film. Here's taking a look... 

The teaser trailer of Bejoy Nambiar's directorial debut Shaitan will be attached with Dum Maaro Dum's prints. It depicts the wild side of today's youth. 

Edgy does it 

The promo has risque shots like Kalki smooching another girl and a TV being crashed into a guy's head and a guy hitting himself with belt. It has been shot in a very stylised manner, using upside down angles and high-speed shots to bring out the edginess of youngsters. 

Exploring dark side 

Mani Ratnam's former assistant and Juhi Babbar's ex, Nambiar says, "The idea was to translate the edginess of the film into the trailer. It's a representation of youth I have seen around me, the kind of people I have grown up and interacted with. 

Today's youth is aggressive, sexual, violent, edgier and aware of everything happening around. They like to explore the darker side and push the envelope till they can be brought in check by authorities. 

The film is basically about how well you deal with the shaitaan (demon) within you." 

'Blows you away' Says producer Anurag Kashyap, "Shaitan is like a David Flincher film set in Mumbai made by an Indian filmmaker. It completely blows you away." 

The flick stars Rajeev Khandelwal, Shiv Pandit, Kalki Koelchin, Neil Bhoopalam, Keerti Kulhari and others. The production is a maiden venture of Tipping Point Films, the 
frnds is ber vi kya rk ki film shaitan ki promotion cid ki episode me hi hoga? kiyuke film to hain kuch aisi

'I am a boring person in real life'

• April 23, 2011 
  • Krutika Behrawala
'I am a boring person in real life'

Q In your first film Aamir, you did not have a heroine, but in this you have two — Soha Ali Khan and Mrinalini Sharma.

I was unable to act (laughs) because I don't have the habit of having actresses on screen. But, it was very interesting and both the actresses are wonderful. I had a lot of fun. Wherever I was uncomfortable, they both made it very comfortable.

Q You play a DJ in the film. How much do you enjoy parties in real life?

In real life, I am a very boring person. I go to parties very rarely. Music, of course, is my life. But I had no relation with DJing. I had to understand and learn the nuances of DJing for my character. When you perform a new role, you have to work hard towards it. I too have done my homework.

Q Since the film is titled Soundtrack, it must be based on music.

Yes, music is this film's backbone. Midival Punditz have given the music for this film and their songs are very good. The film's music is going to rock, for sure. Right now, the tune humming in my head from this film is, Ek manzil.

Q Actors are lending their vocals for playback. Would you like to sing in your film too?

I don't know. If the director thinks my voice is good and they want to use it, I would definitely like to try my hand at it.

Q What's the status with Peter Gaya Kaam Se, which was supposed to be your second release?

I don't know anything about it.

@deccanchronicle.com
    Originally posted by -purnima-

Shaitaan  Trailer on Bolly Curry

http://bollycurry.com/celeb/kalki-koechlin/video/131441-shaitan-promo-01.htm

thanks purnima the promo is osome😊
    Breaking News: Sach Ka Saamna Season 2, First Promo Is On Air On Star One With Mr. Rajeev Khandelwal...Yes You Read It Right...The Promo Is On Air...Rajeev's Looking Very Good In Grey...I Saw The Ad Towards The End, Where Rajeev Was Telling About 'Sach Ka Saamna Season 2', Asking The Audience To Send Their Entries If They Wish To Participate...& Then He Says 'Hai Jigar, Tho Kar Sach Ka Saamna'...&  The Ad Ends With  The Logo 'Sach Ka Saamna 2 Coming Soon...🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳Edited by Surya.Ravi - 12 years ago