Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

mysticgoryfilms

IF-Sizzlerz

mysticgoryfilms

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 9:05am | IP Logged

I'm an obsessive actor: Aamir Khan

Meena Iyer, TNN | Mar 13, 2011, 12.00am IST

This may well be one of Aamir Khan's busiest birthdays. He is shooting for Reema Kagti's suspense thriller, bulking up for Aditya Chopra'sDhoom-3 and getting ready to release Delhi Belly. 

He's also learning to swim, speak Marathi more fluently and planning to enroll in a cooking class. In a quick Q & A, the actor confesses to his current highs. 

So who is it with you in Dhoom-3? Katrina Kaif, Priyanka Chopra or Deepika Padukone? 
Dhoom-3 will roll in January 2012. I'm only building my physique for it from now on. And why are you assuming that I'm involved in the casting.Aditya Chopra and Vijay Acharya Krishna (Victor) will select the heroine. I have no say in the matter. 

In an Aamir film, Aamir normally has all the say... 
Yaar nahin, I'm only an actor on set. I'm an obsessive actor but nothing more. Right now, I'm totally preoccupied with Reema's film. It is a genre that neither I nor anyone else has dabbled in for a long time. It's also got a strong emotional core. 

And, it has no title? 
Yeah, if someone gives me a title for Reema's film, it will be the best birthday gift I receive today. 

Heard you are learning to swim? 
Yes, in fact I've enrolled for swimming lessons with Mickey Mehta. I have to swim in Reema's film. Actually I'm very excited about this one. After 3-Idiots this is my next film. I was in Dhobi Ghaat, but it was more Kiran's movie. 

You also have conversations only in Marathi? 
With my staff I only speak in Marathi. My teacher Suhas Limaye says that it is the best way to polish my language. I have poor language skills; I'm a little slow but I am thoroughly enjoying speaking the language. 

What's this cooking thing you are getting into? 
Cooking is also something I want to learn. Honestly, I haven't started. 

One hears Kiran and you have moved into your mother's house? 
Yes, Kiran and I are now sleeping in the bedroom where I spent my childhood. My mother has come to live in my building; Kiran and I have moved upstairs to her home. Our things are still in our home downstairs but we sleep and wake up in mom's house. After pack up, I go straight to mom's house and I am with her till bedtime. 

What according to you is your biggest achievement in the year gone by? 
I have given the industry two women directors-Anusha Rizvi (Peepli Live) and Kiran Rao (Dhobi Ghat). I've supported talent that I believe in and I have also shown that art house movies which earlier collected two-three crores can collect as much as 15 crore-plus. 

Is Delhi Belly also art-house? 
No. It is a kameena commercial film. 

Are Shah Rukh, Salman and you still the front-runners? 
I don't know about being number 1 or 2; I'm excited about my success. My fans are happy to see everything that I put out there in the market. That's immensely gratifying. 

Do you feel any different at 46 than you felt at 40? 
Frankly, age is just a number. Physically, no one can counter age; to me it has never mattered. Goals can be achieved even when you are 90. The audience doesn't ask an actor's age when it comes to seeing his film. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sheeeLennieMeena1ruky786

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I'm an obsessive actor : Aamir Khan" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Meena1

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 9:09am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mysticgoryfilmsruky786

ruky786

IF-Stunnerz

ruky786

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 9:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Meena1

Is Delhi Belly also art-house? 
No. It is a kameena commercial film.

is there such a genre..? LOL

LOLHe made me laugh when he said that.

@thanks for interview Big smileBig smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mysticgoryfilmssheeeMeena1

Gene_Nisha

IF-Sizzlerz

Gene_Nisha

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 10:04am | IP Logged
nice interview but wats dis Reema's film about?havent heard abt it and it has no title *weird*

loll@DB

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ruky786

Post Reply New Post

Go to top