Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanya_s thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
the way you have shown the growth of naku's character is beautiful :)..there's so much depth in your story...which we dont get to see...update soon...
prettywoman thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I am sorry I have not been able to comment on the last part yet.. though I must say the previous chapter is one if my favourites..the way you have brought out the differences in thought processes of various individuals in the FF regarding their attitudes to Sonu choosing such a different career..and I must say there were some arguments which may come across as regressive, but could be understood by me.. if time permits will come back to it..

Wow.. ek saal ho gaya?! She has not done bad at all..a few hiccups here and there but she has managed to carve a niche for herself now..it is really great to see that Dutta's friends can also now see the 'real' Naku .. that Naku whom Dutta fell in love with.. she was in hiding so far, and slowly she has resurfaced.. loved her MFB retort..Dutta was not surprised like his friends as he knows how smart she can be when she puts her mind to it! But it must have been good to see that side of his wife come thru in front of his friends now..hmm.. she joined distance learning..i actually thought she would attend regular college..but yes, being a married lady and with other responsibilities this is the best poss option.. option to get best of everything I suppose.. esp her reasonings on why/how she chose this option was endearing..and her sweetness which is so inherent in her is shining thru now and touching others too..the return drive was symbolic in some ways..he guiding her in life too, but they are inseparable..he may guide her, but he needs her just as much!

It is great to see Naku manage everything so beautifully.. it is not surprising as earlier she was managing everything for others..now only diff is she is doing stuff for herself and her family too..it is so true that even if u r not too gifted or bright, hard work can definitely make a huge difference and that hard work and persistence always pays! Thank god, D was not too melodramatic when he dropped her off for the exams..but just gave her that nudge of confidence.. that was all she needed..

As soon as I read the caterer had ditched them, I thought why cant Naku cook?! Well, similar minds we have hahaha.. life presents opportunities in so many diff ways na..but we need to have the right attitude to grab those ops and make the most of them.. God, Sonali's boss sounds terrible.. and in spite of hearing her worries Naku keeps shut regarding her non married status.. I thought that was a good step for Naku who has been pretty vocal in such things.. but now she has realised to keep such comments to herself when it is not required..she understands some people are diff and their thoughts are diff.. but that doesn't mean they are bad people na..I liked the way she asked it so matter of factly..whether she could cook.. she was very open and reasonable and the way she said it would be easy to cook so many dishes would have really put their minds to rest.. J loves gate ki subzi! I sometimes feel that in India, people are ignoring so many traditional divinely yummy delicacies for foreign fare.. am not saying I am against foreign food, but for gatherings etc, I would still like the focus on Indian fare..plus these days more ladies are into cooking only exotic stuff.. so if u ask them for traditional recipes, they haven't got a clue as they need to ask the maharaj/cook! And I feel sad as the skill is being lost and not passed on..the traditional recipes/methods can survive if there are more ladies like Naku J

And sarduji is already becoming kanjoos in his praise for wifey's food! Nah, I know he loves to tease her.. reminds me of someone else ;-) but for Naku, her hubby's praise is paramount na…god, even I don't think I can stomach karela paratha!

I really enjoyed reading about how sindoor became an integral part of our weddings.. it was such a heart warming moment as a reader for me to understand what went on in D's mind after he realised hios love for N.. how he himse;lf only realised so late .. it was beautifully written..

Slowly but surely you have shown Naku excel in the field that gives her utmost happiness.. there is no better joy than actually doing something you love for a living.. the passion and joy behind that is something not everyone can have na.. there are many of us who take up jobs for whatever reasons, but our interest and passion maybe elsewhere.. naku is indeed fortunate that way and brave too..who would have thought that one day Shonali would be her asst?! I mean, no one gave Naku a chance except of course her dear ones incl D.. now they know her worth and it was great to see Shonali taking the lead to gather business..and leaving Naku enjoy herself behind the scenes..she doesn't like the lime light but is happy to hear praise and also the happiness it brings when others enjoy her food..this Naku will always be very close to my heart Rimpi as she brings back a load of memories..sach mein..

Wow.. akele akele wedding anniv….and oh dear he is upset..sounds v promising from a reader's perspective ;-) cant wait to read the next part!!!

Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
@ Vandu: You know how much i missed U...Especially while finishing ETK? I write my update then wait and wait for ur comments as u understand every aspect of my writing like my second mind or brain! Sometimes when a person is kept away from something he gets easily he knows its worth..just like ur comments and PMs.

U r the best dearest!
🤗
aamirkhanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
loved it...what happened to dutta?
.scorpio10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

LLB to MFB '.Haahhaa .. I have always been a back bencher and the things I have seen happening on the front rows '. Brought me to the conclusion that to be naughty , u do not need the corner seat .

I had hilarious back bench incident..becoz of which one of my Buddies had a prof as his Loyal Fan '.She even wanted a son like him '..Till date I pull his legs on it .

But Love the "Murga on First Bench."

Naku is now into catering 'Nice , she putting her talents to right use .

Nd Bad D '.found faults in each and very dish. U r lucky Naku gave u karela for only one day ' if it been someone like u, u would eating for week and not only eating it ,but also drinking '. No water , but karela ka paani 'A karela for a karela sounds fit made for each other .

Oh! Baby first anniversary and he remembered ' That's a surprise . 

Edited by scorpio10 - 12 years ago
Nakusha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
😊after along time but the wait was worth it ,really liked it ,hope for the next update soon ,tc😊
stranger2rose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
excellent updt ..the llb and mfb talk was hilarious as well as dutta made to have karela dishes but he deserved it ..lol...it was so nice to see nakku not completing her studies thru regular college as she wasnted to spend time with him and he too helped her in her studies ..they both complement each other so well..then nakku starting her catering business with shonali was grt ..and omg how can i forget the reason behind a husband filling the parting of his wife seriously i didnt know about that old tradition...aww they have completed one yr but why is dutta upset on this wonderful day ??????? love ur work as always
suhana19 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hey Dear Shilpi🤗
Thanx alot for the wonderful update and Pm🤗Loved the update as always 👍🏼👏...Naku is just getting better and better ...with studies and business ...Dutta is so supportive ...Awww one year went by so quick ...
Thanx can"t wait for the nxt part ...jaldi uodate karna ...u tk care and see ya around ,.
Love and hugs
suhana🤗
Pooja_219 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
and the late lateef award goes to ME😆.

Ch. 25

Sonu & her passion cum career choice brought out such variety of thoughts from all the 3 women in the patil family &  Leelatai,Kalatai & Nakku reacted as per their experiences of life.U had earlier brought the issue of Leelatai's broken marriage,but this chapter again highlighted one of the biggest issue she faced in her married life,her stony exterior comes from her hardships which she faced during her married life,but interstingly she was the only one who was thinking rationally,trying to show pros & cons of Sonu's choice,Kalatai's maternal instincts took over  & Nakku was overwhelmed ,she had so many thoughts going on in her mind,& i felt more than surprise or shock ,she was disappointed with herself that how can she failed to understand her sister's passion & on top of that her sister chose to spoke freely with Dutta,so in a way that was a blow for her,where her own sister's trust was shaky wrt Nakku.Dutta's explanation was damn right,they think he is right person just becaz of his profession,this once again highlighted the fact that till date doctors,engineers,CAs,IT professionals,Banking -all these jobs are considered safe heaven & dancing,singing,painting,etc... are still in hobby's category.

I just loved how u drew comparison of broken tea set with human beings👏.Ur thoughts said it all⭐️,nobody is perfect ,warna insaan aur bhagwan me koi farak hi nahi rehta naa.We make mistakes,we fall,but we try to rectify our flaws with the support of our loved ones.Nakku was still hurt with Dutta's words & her saying about armaano ki arthi brought tears ,she never expected any returns from anyone.

Once again bravo Shilpi👏loved the way u brought out the generation gap & the changes in thought process so brilliantly.Nakku shouldn't doubt her own upbringing,Sonu is today's teen,her way of looking at the world is obviously going to be different than Nakku.This reminds me of one very interesting  incident-my hubby's friend very recently shifted to india permenantly from US & just casually he asked his friends on FB whether he should go for maruti or santro & to his & everyone's surprise ,one of our friends' son replied to him *uncle maruti is so outdated ,let me give a list of some latest cars available in india*the kiddo is barely 6-7yrs.😆But,one thing is sure,her good values imbibed in Sonu will always keep her grounded.That girl clearly knows what's right & wrong.

Btw that deal is still pending naa,i wonder when will Kanhaji sort this matter.

I knew Dutta will definitely do something about Nakku's education,but looks like Nakku was not ready for this present.She is still thinking too much into Sonu's matter & achanak se uski khud ki padhai ki baat must have came as a shock for her & what followed between her & Dutta was quite heated arguments,both said the things to each other which they never meant .This is 1st time in their relationship where i don't know whose side to take😕But,i will give my grace vote to Dutta,not only becaz he thought of fulfilling her dream ,but he knew her so well & in this particular issue,Nakku misjudged his intentions.I always thought that somewhere deep down she has kept hidden that remark by Dutta's friend.But,what i didn't expect from her was she thinking all this is dikhawa to make her agree for Sonu's decision.She sounded so naive & fool in that moment,as if she is not that Nakku who is always used to seeing brighter side of the situation.
The lines about Nakku keeping her eyes on the ground was bang on.
Loved the entire heated talks,specially becaz IMO all these things needed to come out of Nakku's mind & once again she should be able to think clearly.

Dutta's pain was clearly visible when he said ur name is Nakusha ,but u are not Nakusha,u are much wanted & i think that's what will affect Nakku most.

Nakku is really lucky to have kalatai & Leelatai as elders in her life,she needed mother which she found in Kalatai & she also needed some teacher,& Leelatai just did that.There is one gujarati play -Baa retiyar thai che(mom is taking retirement),in that as the title suggests the mother takes a unique decision of resigning from her responsiblities at the age of 60,& she says the moment girl is born ,she is being labelled as someone's daughter,as she grew up she becomes wife ,then mother,aunt & all other relationship tags start sticking to her & then she becomes granny ,one more label,but all these labels just shows her higher position socially,her responsiblities only get incresed tenfold with each label ,men get to retire at 58 or max. 60,but a mother is full time worker,with no pension,no benefits.Actually this play is my fav.& the entire dialouge is fabulous,but its too long😆moral of the story is like Leelatai said,Nakku should have her own seperate identity apart from being someone's bahu ,beti or biwi.

The school kid & his girlfriend story was one more cultural change & the entire RJ convo. certainly lightened up my mood .
The song was real nice,the words were meaningful & those words certainly did the trick😉Nakku dear maan gayi😳
OMG 😲Nakku's idea of stuffing Dutta's heart with kolhapuri achaar ka masala scared me,poor Dutta,heart surgery ki studies me kabhi aisa koi experiment suna bhi nahi hoga,he was damn right,Nakku ko military me hona chahiye tha😆
Finally Mrs. Nakusha Dutta Patil history ki student banane ke liye maan gayi.I wonder how will she adjust with mumbaiya college atmosphere.

Chalo ab main chali😛agla chapter jaldi padhne ki koshish karungi😊

krishaa thumbnail
awesome shilpi updated after long time haan.so dutta used to be a last bencher and loved the way nakku began to get open with others her confidence is increasing.and our dutta as usual so loving and supportive he even helps her in her studies and ease her tension of exam so sweet.she helped shonali and became famous for her cooking nice dutta like a typical husband finds fault in her food his descpiption about food as if he is master in cooking and paid by eating karela good punishment and nakku started her caterer bussiness and her family supported her .one year passed pata hi nahi chala and dutta furious on something  and she understands his pain so emotional waiting for next part plz update soon waiting eagerl.thanx for the update and do pm me next time.  😊Edited by krishaa - 12 years ago