Frequent Posters

Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: scorpio10

Ok! I do not do this for everybody nd anything

But u r diff , a very spl writer with an amazing story here

so    UPDATE KAR

Karungi baba..karungi...atleast mujhe bhi to inspiration aane do...ek thi kahani is updated by the way...check it out..
.scorpio10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: shilpita87

Karungi baba..karungi...atleast mujhe bhi to inspiration aane do...ek thi kahani is updated by the way...check it out..

Toh Bol ,
Insipration ke liye kya chaiye ... Chocolates ya D ya A chocolate D ..

Wanderbug thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Suvi's naivety about India in her comments quite charmed me. They made me smile too. Then last weekend I happened upon a Bangladeshi movie "Third person singular number" and suddenly realized how like Suvi my thoughts were about my neighboring nation which if things had been a little different 64 years back would have been my birthplace. You see till now I had believed Bangladesh to be a very small, struggling poverty ridden nation still far behind in world. An image of orthodox society with many restrictions on women lived in my mind. But then I saw the movie which told a story of a free thinking spirited Muslim girl who dared to defy society by living openly with her boyfriend in his home with his family. They married but not in conventional way. And when the guy was imprisoned in an accidental murder case, she is thrown out on the road in middle of night by her in laws. Her struggle to find a place of living as single young woman in a male dominated society was at times heart wrenching and yet humorous. But what stood out throughout was that no matter the country from which you belong a woman craves just one thing from her man- his complete trust and support. Where in certain places people were quiet orthodox and obnoxious, there were people who were equally open minded and liberal. I realized one thing that every place has a flavor in itself- a distinct taste like every dish. I began to associate every city in India I have seen with a flavor. My Pune is like its favorite food Wada pav- a fusion of Indian spice and sweetness of western bread, Mumbai is like a hot plate of curry-salty as its air and hot to tease your taste buds. Kolkata is like a plate of bhelpuri with all the prime tastes thrown in sweet, salt, sour and chilies. Delhi is like a well dressed plate of Caesar salad-urban, chick, classy and good to look at and basically a luxury. It requires time and lot of trials and errors to make your taste buds adjust to a new flavor of a new city. It's like God created one World and we humans created our own little worlds within it. In a way it's overwhelming if you think that there are so many new worlds for us to discover, so many new flavors to taste. I am greedy that I want to taste everything. I want to walk into every new world and make it mine. I believe a Christopher Columbus and Vasco Da Gama lives within every heart. We just need our vessels to set sail in the vast oceans or more practically today the right flight tickets.  

Ch18: A New World

Dutta pushed past the throng of sisters, nieces, sisters-in-law and aunts to enter his room in Kalawati tai's house. He couldn't understand what more did they want. He paid the money they had demanded without much negotiation. He had heard all their ribald jokes and embarrassing advices. And he thought he knew all that was to know about bedroom department! He closed the door and turned towards the beautifully decorated bed and stood stock-still. Did he miss something? Wasn't the bride supposed to be waiting demurely on the bed under a long veil for her groom? That's what all Hindi movies loved to show. Quiet absurdly he had a remembrance of old Amitabh-Rakhee starrer Kabhi Kabhi. He had a image of the hero lifting of the veil of heroine's face to the words "Suhagraat hai..ghunghat utha raha hoon main". A sudden sound of flush brought himback to reality and told him that his shy, innocent bride had not actually turned tail and made a run for her home next door but was probably just taking a shower. He grinned to himself and walked towards the wardrobe to take out the wrapped box. His wedding gift to her!

He took measured steps to the bathroom and gently tapped on the door. After a few seconds the door opened just a slit and her small voice asked him in surprise,"Kya hai?" Dutta grinned and extended it towards her. She looked at the box doubtfully. Dutta- please! Her hennaed bangle covered hand came out to take the box from him and vanished behind the door again. Dutta whistled softly as he took out his pajama from the wardrobe and changed into them. He lied back on the bed to await his bride. A prick on the back made him jump out straight to the floor. Whoever said a bed of roses is comfortable? Holding the edges of bed sheet he tugged off the top cover making the flower-petals fly off in all direction.

"Ye aap kya kar rahe hai?"

He turned back at the sound. The sight that greeted him froze him to the spot for a second yet blood gushed through his body with meteoric speed. She stood at the threshold of the bathroom with her damp hair cascading down her side dressed in the light blue silk nightdress he had bought for her. She walked towards the chest at the corner and placed her heavy bridal wear and jewelry on it. She stood there uncertain of what to do next looking down at the petals which littered the floor. The blue material clung to some places and flowed down like a wave of waterfall sheathing her in demure yet alluring veil. At first glance there was nothing remotely striking about the dress just like Nakkusha who to a normal outsider appeared a bland unexciting wallflower. But Dutta knew what lay behind the faade of the demure dress, under the long wrap, the dress fell in a wave accentuating each line of her body perfectly and the bodice was kept in place by simple nondescript spaghetti straps. He also knew that her shy, timid wallflower fascia hid her fiery, scathing, vibrant wild flower interior. Exotic, alluring, tempting and now, all his! He looked at her downcast gaze and held them in thrall for a moment and broke the spell with one word, "Safai!"

***********************************************************************************************

Her heart was beating a wild tempo in her chest. It felt like she had slept and now had woken up in the body of a different woman. This woman felt beautiful and vivacious. She felt as tempting like a siren and as bold as a tabby cat. Any moment now Nakkusha felt that she would wake up and find herself to be the same nondescript, simple, easily forgotten girl that she knew she really was. But this dream felt so good, so real like the strong arms that engulfed her from behind. Like the heat of the bare chest on which she leaned on her back. Like the murmur of warm breath that she felt on her bare shoulder. She felt his maverick finger hook under the silly noodle thin strap of the daring dress he had bought for her, she tried to concentrate on what she was doing and also tried to remind herself to keep breathing. When she had seen the blue thing folded in the beautiful box she was assailed by misgivings about wearing it but then she had donned it before she could think again. He had bought it for her. No one has ever bought anything just for her. And never something as beautiful as this!

He breathed in the sandalwood smell of her soap mixed with the buttery scent of her body lotion. He buried his face in the thick mane of her hair and kissed the back of her neck while she tried to push him away a little. Nakkusha slanted weary glance at him- Dekho cheating nahi karna. Yahan mat dekhna jab tak main na kahoon. Ye beech wali badi ungli dhundni hai,Ok? Phir mat bolna confuse ho gaye the! She bent a little away from him hiding her in front of her body. A second later she turned to him partly showing him only fingertips from top of her left hand which was wrapped around to hide the base of her fingers of right hand,"Ab dhundo!" Dutta grinned at her and looked at the little tips picking out at him. Her pinky was doing insane things to his senses. He hovered over his choices for a second before picking out the right finger,"Ab meri baari. Ye waali ungali dhundni hai, ok?" He showed her his ring finger. Hiding his hand in a grip he put his arms around her so that his hands were in front of her face. She deliberated anxiously before making a choice. He wriggled the finger tip a little to give her a hint. Well, he was allowed to make concessions for his bride of few hours after the long months they had survived without each other. Throwing a triumphant look at him she grabbed his finger.

Dutta twisted his hand to grip her small hands and pulled her towards him to crush her against his chest. Looking at her startled gaze he moved closer to her, fixing her full lips under his hunter gaze. He was about to taste the nectar of her pouty lips and a husky groan escaped his mouth,"Meetha!" Her impossibly large eyes widened further as she whispered,"Meetha!" He was just a hairbreadth away from his target when she moved back and spoke again,"Meetha!"

Dutta frowned- Meetha? She nodded- Meetha..Mujhe meetha khana hai. Dutta leaned down to kiss her again- mujhe bhi! Nakkusha shook her head- mujhe meetha khana hai. Rasgulla. Dutta's smile vanished as he realized it was no lover's talk. Dutta-Rasgulla khana hai? abhi? Itni raat ko? Nakkusha nodded as she sat up straight- haan, reception mein 60 logon ka khana bach gaya tha. Babuji aur jiju ne wo gayatri mandir bhej diya garibo ke liye. Par kaladidi ne hai na, saare bacchey huye rasgulley rakh liye hai. Fridge mein. Kal subha sab baccho ko breakfast mein den eke liye. Dutta looked at the spark in her eyes and felt like cursing colorfully- To kal bacchon ke saath breakfast mein kha lena. Abhi main tujhe different meetha kilata hoon. Idhar aa! Nakkusha pushed him away angrily- Mujhe bhuk lagi hai. Pata hai, subha se upwaas hai. badi mami aur naani ne kaha tha ki dulha dulhan shaadi ke havan mein upwaas karke baittey hai. Subha suraj nikalne se pahele dudhikarma khaya tha. Phir kuch nahi khaya. Dutta-dudhi what? Nakkusha made a face at the memory of the taste- dahi aur poha. Yuck! Dutta- to teri galati hai. mujhe bhi leelatai aur roopatai ne kaha tha. Par maine Rajeev bhau se kehke chupchap biryani smuggle karwayi thi lunch mein. Neelam se ice cream bhi.  Nakkusha thumped him- aapko humari shaadi mein apshakoon kartey sharam nahi aayi? Dutta- aapni shaadi mein bhook se marne se to accha hai. Waise bhi I bought dinner for 600 people tonight, I deserved a proper meal atleast. Waise tune raat ko shaadi ke baad kyun nahi khaya? Nakkusha made a face- Itne saare log the. Unke saamne nayi dulhan bhukad ke tarah khaye accha lagta hai kya? Waise bhi mera lipstick kharab ho jata photo mein. Dutta- nahi khaya to nahi khaya! Ab kuch nahi ho sakta. Idhar aa! Nakkusha- abhi to apne hamesha mera khayal rakhne ka wada kiya tha kuch ghantey pahele. Mere liye itna nahi kar sakte. Fridge ke nichey waale taak pe badey waale ganj mein hoga. la do naa!

Dutta sighed as he saw the expectancy on her face and got up pulling on his kurta. She called him at the door- dekho koi puchey to kehna aapko khana hai. wo kya hai na accha nahi lageyga agar sabko pata chala ki mujhe khane hai,hai na?

***********************************************************************************************

Dutta came back holding the bowl full of rasgullas and closed the door cautiously. He had managed to avert the disaster of coming face to face with one of his brothers in law who had come to take some chilled water for his wife. He was feeling pretty smug about his success. His smugness turned to dismay when he found his bride fast asleep on her side with her hands folded under her chin like a kid. He looked at the bowl in his hand and angrily banged it down on the side table. He sat down contemplating the catastrophe his wedding night was turning out to be. He had been so confident of being able to charm her off her feet with his seduction and here she was dead to the world. Well, they did have a lifetime together now, he thought consolingly. He watched her sleeping for sometime, a strange contentment washing over him at the thought of watching her sleep like this for every night of his life. His! He smiled on his thoughts, my meethu with pinch of salt.

He picked up a syrup dripping rasgulla from the bowl and leaned over her. Lightly he traced her lips with the sweet as droplets of the cool sugar syrup fell on her lower lips and chin. She moved a little in her sleep but peacefully slept on. Dutta grinned and went closer to her licking the drops of her chin lightly. He squeezed the juice on her cheeks and licked them off slowly deliberately. She stirred and opened her sleep bogged eyes at the assault on her drowsy senses. Dutta looked into those sparkling brown pools and felt himself drown in them. He touched the sweet to her lips as she parted them but when she was about to bit into it he removed it and popped it into his mouth instead. She hoisted herself on her elbows frowning at him when he showed the sweet in his mouth and leaned towards her. She blushed red taking in his intent.

*************************************************************************************************

Dutta grimaced at the sticky sensation of the sugar on his skin. The bed sheet was sticking to his back and uncomfortable like hell. The bowl stood empty at the night table and Nakkusha was lying lax in his arms drawing little circles on his chest. Dutta- do din baad hum log Mumbai mein hongey, ek naye zindagi mein. Are you scared? Nakkusha smiled and pressed a light kiss on his chest- nahi. Dutta caressed her hair- kyun? Hum saath hai isliye? Nakkusha- haan aur saath mein Kanhaji bhi hai na! Roopa tai aur madhu tai bhi laut jayenge? Dutta nodded. Nakkusha said," neel aur krati bahut pyare hai" reffering to roopa's teenage kids who spoke with a American twang and showed amazement at everything about the wedding and the town. Dutta fingered the strap of her dress- Haan! Roopatai aur Puneet bhau ne puri koshish ki hai unhe humari tradition se jordne ki. Par mushkil hai nakku, Wo wahan "the star spangled banner" gaa ke badey huye hai aur hum"jan gan man". Waha fireworks choreograph karke 4th july ko hoti hai…aur hum to India ke cricket match jeetne pe bhi diwali manatey hai. unki duniya alag ho chuki hai. Wo to ab American citizens hai. Of course, apne parents ki country mein aake, ye new world ka thoda to novelty value hoga. Nakkusha shook her head and pressing her chin on his chest gave him a smile- aisa nahi hai. Dekhiye, shayad aap sahi hai ki unki duniya alag hogai hai. par jab tak unke dil mein is duniya ke liye bhi maan samaan rahega tab tak unke dil mein ye desh rahega. Par…She trailed of growing silent. Dutta looked down at her- par? Nakkusha- kuch nahi. Dutta lifted her chin to make her look in his eyes and asked her with his eyes. Nakkusha- main soch rahi hoon ki kitna mushkil hoga roopatai aur puneet jiju ke liye ye duniya chod ke us duniya mein basna? Aur madhutai…waha to boli bhi alag hai…kaise kiya hoga? Dutta- jaise ab tujhe karna hai nakku. ek baat us ullu uday ne saahi kahi thi. Shaadi mein compromise aurat ko hi jyada karni hoti hai. Unfair bur true. Naye mahool, naye parivaar mein dhaalna hota hai. Par main wada karta hoon main har kadam pet era saath duga. Promise! Nakkusha- aap aur kanhaji mere saath ho to mujhe koi darr nahi. Dutta made an annoyed sound- phir kanhaji! Nakkusha- aap ab bhi bhagwaan ko nahi maante? Dutta- abhi bhi matlab? Tujhe aisa kyun laga ki ab main badal jaunga? Nakkusha got up to sitting position and looked at him wearly. Dutta sighed as he sat up and pulled her back to him- Nakku, mujhe tere viswaas se problem nahi hai..tujhe mere viswaas se nahi honi chahiye. Right? Nakkusha spoke softly- kalatai ne kaha tha ki aapke aai-baba ki mauth shirdi jaatey huye hui thi? She immediately regretted her words. All those days and nights that they had spent talking, this was one subject they had never broached. She had told him all about her mother and she had felt that he understood her pain due to his loss. She had always waited for him to share about that loss, but he never did. And now that the words were out she felt like she had trespassed an invisible line.

Dutta said in a very matter of fact way- haan. Mere SSC exams ke acchey result ki dua maangne gaye the. I was getting ready for school in the morning when maa said tillu fridge mein alag alag container mein tumhara lunch dinner mark karke rakha hai. heat it and eat. Milk peena yaad se..tere dad aur main kal lunch taka a jayenge. I ate the food she cooked. Threw out the milk. And waited but…Nakkusha felt tears pricking her eyes. Dutta- I was shattered to say the least, of course. But what really felt pathetic was mere maa-dad meri padai ke liye wahan gaye the..aur unfortunately wahi meri exams ke waqt mera sabse bada distraction ban gaya tha, their death..it was a trauma. I wanted to see ki agar main bhagwaan ko nahi manta…kuch bhi nahi maangta to kya hoga? kya jo mujhe milla wo nahi milta. Nope! Actually hadsey ke pahele hi mujhe bhagwaan etc pe bharosa nahi tha..hadse ne just us belief ko reinforce kiya. Nakkusha- par ye galat hai. Dutta laughed sarcastically- accha mera chod. tu bata, tu to bhagwaan mein vishwaas karti hai..teri maa kyun chali gai? Nakkusha went quiet looking at him doubtfully. Dutta- dekha jawab nahi hai na? Nakkusha leaned her head on his chest as he enveloped her in a hug- main logic nahi de sakti aapki tarah, par mujhe yakeen hai ek din aap humari deal haar jaogey, mere viswaas pe viswaas karoge. Dutta- Tere kanha ka pata nahi nakku…par mujhe tujh par viswaas hai. aur main jaanta hoon tujhe mujh par.

Dutta hissed- Nakku, nicchey aa! Nakkusha looked down at him biting her lips nervously-ye bahut uccha hai. main..main…nahi kar sakti. She pulled up her feet rearranging her sari to cover every inch demurely. Dutta looked up at her perplexed- to agar tujhe train ke upper berth pe jaane se darr lagta hai to tu chadhi kaise…aur mujhe kal raat ko kyun nahi bataya. Main exchange karwa deta neel ke saath. Nakkusha- itne logon ke samne kaise bolti. Aap ne to bas aise hi mujhe berth number bol diya..aur maine socha itne saare logon ka ticket banvaya hai…sab garboard na ho jaye. Par ab main niche nahi aungi. Dutta glared at her- to kya wahan mera sansaar basayegi. Damn it nakku! don't create a scene just get the hell down. Arey madhutai ka 6saal ka beta bhi chard jata hai upper berth par. Nakkusha squinted her eyes at him- ussey jiju wahan se uttarte hai. main nahi aa sakti.. aur..aur meri saari pair mein phaas gayi aur main gir gayi to? Dutta- to saari kyun pahena tha itne lambey safar main? Tera wo..wo..churidaar kyun nahi pahena? Nakkusha frowned and hissed back looking at the interested eyes of the co-passengers- aap chilla kyun rahe hai? sab dekh rahe hai? Dutta pressed a tired hand to his eyes. He had been standing here since past 15 minutes trying to get her to climb down of the upper berth where she had slept last night in train.

They were all headed back to Mumbai and all the tickets for 40 something people were done by a fool of travel agent who had given seats scattered all over the train. Keeping a track of them all was a management art in itself on top of that his wife of 2 days was making him look like a fool in front of complete strangers. He saw the kid on the lower birth grin at him and he felt anger boil over him all over again. Dutta- nakku, bahut ho gaya. Leelatai tumhara naashte pe intezaar kar rahi hai. Get Down! Nakkusha could feel his frustrated anger emanating from him in waves but she felt helpless. It looked awefully high from there and train was moving too fast. To add to it she was wearing a sari which on normal steady earth was precarious mode of dress. She looked at him pleadingly- nahi ho payega…koi station aaney do na! Dutta growled- next station is after 2 damn hours. Get the hell down now! Nakkusha silently looked at him. He saw the genuine fear in her eyes. He made herculean effort to sound calm- Nakku,meethu..kya hua..tujhe to heights darr nahi lagta hai na! I mean, tu apne ghar ke chatt pe, tai ke ghar ke terrace pe bindasht chard jaati hai. phir? Nakkusha- wok um uchhai se…chair ke upar se..yahan se….perd ki daal se…her voice trailed away at his incredulous look. 'Of all the absurd senseless of all things' he cursed inside. Dutta breathed deeply- theek hai. sunn, I'll help u main jaisa bolta hoon waisa kar. Nakkusha began to hsake her head in denial when he touched her feet lightly- trust me,meethu. Ok?

Nakkusha looked at him and licked her lower lip removing the hand from her feet- chee, mere pao mat chovo. Dutta grinned- agar tuu wahan chadi rahegi to muhje to tere pao dabane padenge. Nakkusha bit her tongue- che che..accha theek hai. kya karna hai? par agar main gir gayi aur langri ho gayi to sab aapki jimedaari. Dutta grinned- in sickness and in health. Up on trees or on the ground. Ab sunn..ye pao yahan rakh aur wo wahan. He directed her to step down slowly and she followed him closely but at the last step her sari got caught in her toe ring and she tripped. But dutta steadied her and brought her down safely supporting her. She closed her eyes tightly and held on him for a second and released him blushing at the thought of others watching them But Dutta kept his arms around her not caring of the spectacle.

Dutta saw the kid grin broadly then breaking in giggles. Dutta glared at him- Kya hai? Meri biwi hai!

………………………..To be continued

Edited by shilpita87 - 12 years ago
mIsHeZ.x thumbnail

Kamal ke dost hai mere...hath dho ke meri dieting ki waat laga rahe hai...Ok..

Ahem Ahem..Ahem...**Coughs to clear her throat**

Work in progress...Will defo update by monday evening...

aur kya karin shilps...tum aise toh update karne wali nahi ho   toh chocolates de kar hi karna parta hai na ..samja karo...   

omg rely!! YEAHHH   

krishaa thumbnail
OYE!evening ki raat ho gayi kab update karogi,itna mat intezar karao, please update soon.i m waiting.😔
kiran255 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Kamal ke dost hai mere...hath dho ke meri dieting ki waat laga rahe hai...Ok..

Ahem Ahem..Ahem...**Coughs to clear her throat**

Work in progress...Will defo update by monday evening...

BUa ji !

KOn say monday ki Kon se evening ki baat kar rahe hai !

PLZ elaborate 😡

weeks up and NO updateee😡😡
Prinsesse.Suvi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Shilpiii
jaa dekho
and u know what..just after writing this..my bua is like...chai banani aati hai? and then im like..aati hai na..mummy ki micro wali...and then shes like..nahi..waapis jaane se pehle chai banana seekh liyo..proper wali..and im just smiling and andar se im going nooo
Pooja_219 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Shilpi,
Don't u think u are taking undue advantage of mine & Kiran's bholapan.😛
we gave u time to celebrate ,but iska matlab ye thodi hai ki tum ham logon ko update ka waada karke thenga dikhao😕
Ab lagta hume bhi apni sharafat chodni padegi**shows her belan😉**
Prinsesse.Suvi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: preety_219

Shilpi,

we gave u time to celebrate ,but iska matlab ye thodi hai ki tum ham logon ko update ka waada karke thenga dikhao😕

celebrate what?!😕
.scorpio10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: preety_219

Shilpi,

Shilpi   

I do not use belans , But I do use   

Chal chal Update kar