Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

TO ALL LOYAL GHSP FANS!! (Page 2)

polly23 IF-Dazzler
polly23
polly23

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
@ Smita thank u so much for much needed topic  and very well written Clap
Jhan Outstanding  thoughtsClap
Even though i m depressed about the MC but we should all support CVS for their own show
How did we all get attached to this show? Let me answer  the CVS are the one who  create GHSP In a  way to make us love the show. And i have full faith in them  they have a good reason and good story to develop further hence they have to take this huge  decision of MC.  Therefore we all should support CVS to show their own creativity. 

mysterygurl1427 IF-Sizzlerz
mysterygurl1427
mysterygurl1427

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
Smita, I agree with what u have written!!! I say we support the new track, the last week and these two episodes were beautifully written.

Especially yesterdays episode and todays was bang on. Top notch performances and excellently executed episodes.

I feel that the Cv's have taken a very brave and bold step to finally do what they think was the best in their eyes for the show. The fact is that this MC was supposed to happen long ago, but due to the pressure of the audience some members on the GHSP team were scared that if the MC were to happen they would lose their viewers.

It was a lot of pressure on them to take any step that would take their audience away. They had many plans for the show when the MC was to happen, but it never did and instead it got delayed. Since it got delayed the Ved Team had to do many illogical tracks to work around the baby.

Finally Barry's Team took the right step that they felt was right for the show. I will support themClap

they know the audience loves this show very much, and i am sure that they to do; so good luck to our team and our actors.....i hope that we get a kick ass gripping story for our show to bring it back to the deserved spotWink

Liv2Laugh i read ur post as well...brilliantly written....

Smita and Liv2Laugh thanks for a very good post!Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

EchoesofpassionInfinitedreams

geet.a IF-Sizzlerz
geet.a
geet.a

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
Haan...so..I agree  with the post.

I'm a writer. And I am of the opinion that most of us- including those who write commercially at some point do feel- it's MY baby. Feedback is good. Criticism is also good.
But no one has a right to morally judge me.

When a writer brings forth his/her piece in the world, he/she is setting it up for response- all kinds.

A good writer is one who can instigate strong feelings in readers...And these writers have succeeded.

There are a few of us who write because we want to give feedback,few who write because..well..we just like to write; few who want to give the story a frame by relating it to their own life; some who try to find logic; some who want to write to merely appreciate or depreciate(not in THAT way..but u know what i mean..haha)

all I would say is that ALL writers put HUGE efforts to give us what they give..ALL kinds of writers.
and they have their own moral frames; ethical frames; practical frames. 
We can certainly give opinions but we also need to understand that  NO ONE has a right to judge anyone else...for WHATEVER reason  without knowing the FULL story.

BAsed on mere speculation, blaming people is not good. 

I will end this by saying, CV's It's your baby...the channel's baby and we are important parts of it.

IF you want feedback ,take it selectively- not bow down to ALL demands so that in the end all we have is a kichdi of demands.

The viewers watch the show NOT to see other people's demands but what YOU GUYS have to offer. 

So good luck for future
And do what you have to do!

Take care and much love!

Edited by geet.a - 13 March 2011 at 1:13am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mi7chimes

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
Good post Smita. 

Advice to CVs - Dont get carried away by your fans' demands.

Advice to Fans - Don't get carried away by the fact that CVs are complying with many of your demands. They may not always do so.

As long as the story has some logic (even if there is some fantasy element here and there) I have no problems with it. It is when the fantasy takes over reality completely that I cringe.  There were some tracks which were totally illogical, like the ill conceived IP track which made no sense whatsoever.  I also did not like the way Geet was reduced to a silly nagging wife after the wedding, especially the scene where she insisted taking driving lessons on the highway with a pliant Maan complying with it too. Apart from these stray instances of total lack of logic, by and large the show is far more balanced than many on air.

Coming to the MC track, I always knew the baby is not going to see the light of the day because the show is on a youth channel. The CVs have also hinted MC many times. They even posed a query on what could be shown after the baby is born in their official site. I think even the actors were aware of it, the reason why DD was supposedly not in favour of the baby bump because she may have been given to understand that the baby is not coming out.

So the indications were all there.  They could have had this long ago and saved us a lot of unnecessary tension but they are in the business of raising the trps and baby was a good pawn to do so. 

The only consolation I have is that the MC track was logical. Geet lost her baby because of her love and concern for her man which far outweighed anything else. She neglected her own safety and that of the baby when she thought his life was in danger.  At least the baby did not die because of the evil machinations of NT and Brij. It did not die because Maan chose Geet over the Baby. It did not not perish because Maan could not reign in his urges when the doctor advised against consummation.   So nobody but fate could be blamed for the turn of events and if one is to be philosophical about it, one could say that fate deemed the baby's existence till now and fate deemed its death too.

Coming to the theme of the story. It started off as a story which dealt with a couple of burning social issues such as fake marriages by NRIs for money and honour killings but the show did not fetch the trps it needed. But I think it was mainly about this love story between an enigmatic handsome young man and the woman who was carrying his brother's baby.  This theme was path breaking too in a society which will shudder at the prospect of a man marrying the mother of his nephew/niece when the father is still alive. 

Given the way the story has been shaping up all these months, it is no surprise that the show has long stopped being one about a woman's struggle for justice. It is more about the journey of this enigmatic man who cut himself off from humanity for mysterious reasons - his transformation from this seemingly insensitive creature who couldn't care less about the plight of a poor helpless girl to this gem of a man who had grown to love a baby which was not biologically his as his own. His love is not only for the woman but also the life within.  The total unconditionality and selflessness of  that love was underlined quite well in the past few weeks.

Having accomplished their mission of establishing Maan as the man any woman would die to have in her life, they went ahead and got rid of the baby because they never intended to bring it into the world in any case.   One can call them heartless but the fact of the matter is at the end of the day it is trps and the money they generate that counts.

To be fair they did give us all the cute baby related scenes we wanted them to give. But then I guess that only fueled our desires to see more.

There are several things which still can be explored even after the baby's demise. Geet could be shown to emerge as a strong independent woman after this. She could pursue her education, chalk out her own career which at some point could conflict with Maan's interests, maybe take up the issue of women who were afflicted like her but who do not have men like Maan in their lives etc.  Lets see what they have in store for us.

As long as the story is fairly logical, I'll continue to see it.
At least now I don' need to keep cribbing about how can a pregnant woman ride in a truck or escape a grotesque accident without a scratch or illogical things like that. 

Edited by Opti - 13 March 2011 at 6:39am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Echoesofpassionserialwatcher16Serendipity..spshastr

dreamymaneet Groupbie
dreamymaneet
dreamymaneet

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Great post....agreeClap
mehraan IF-Sizzlerz
mehraan
mehraan

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 9:00pm | IP Logged
totally agree wid u dear...4 once we need 2 put complete trust on CVS ...i like many was nvr wid tis MC track, i did cry yesterday along wid MANEET...bt then at the end of the day its fictional n one must respect CVS viewpoints n their judgements..thy must hve thought well in advance how tis track wud come or shape keeping in mind the anger n curses tat wud be. meted out on them...  ....we all need 2 be postive here...its their baby N THEY HVE A RIGHT TO DECIDE OR implement  ideas/tracks to  moves the story ahead in a better direction..im not defending them bt i cant argue the fact thy hve given us GHSP most importantly MANEET ....n i cnt even think of quitting

Edited by mehraan - 12 March 2011 at 9:11pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

serialwatcher16Infinitedreams

Infinitedreams IF-Stunnerz
Infinitedreams
Infinitedreams

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
@ Jhana - Clap Very well written my jaanu Hug...Lovely, very well put.....

Muniza

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

liv2laugh

savinik Groupbie
savinik
savinik

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
well said. I lets give cvs the freedom to move ahead with the story as per there plans. We are always there for constructive criticism..but lets not make these forums as our wishing well :-)

Go to top