Mythological Masti

The Adbhut Leelas of Harihara

Vishakha_Sakhi IF-Sizzlerz
Vishakha_Sakhi
Vishakha_Sakhi

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 4:06pm | IP Logged

Content Removed

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuchSurya_krsnbhakt...ASB100...MagadhSundari...PARiNA.....RamKiJanaki..

Vishakha_Sakhi
Vishakha_Sakhi

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 4:07pm | IP Logged

.....Videos......

Ramayan:

Shri Ram worshipping Shri Shiva:

Shri Shiva worshipping Shri Rama:

Shri Ram's daily prayer to Shivji:

AS Ramayan

Shri Ram, his brothers and all their wives worship Shivji:

Song showing both Shivji and Ramji worshipping one another:

Shri Krishna:

Shivji Comes to Brij for Bal Krishna Darshan:

Part1

Part2

Shri Krishna and Balram worship Shivji at Guru Rishi Sandipani's hermitage:

Shri Krishna worshipping Shivji on Shivraatri:

BRC Mahabharat:

Arjun worshipping Shivji for divine weapons (this is the entire epi, the part afforementioned starts at 24:00)

Enjoy! Big smile

P.S. If anyone has more similar vids, then pls send me the links and I'll surely add it here.

Edited by Vedo - 17 March 2011 at 8:14pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuch...ASB100...MagadhSundari...PARiNA.....RamKiJanaki..

Vishakha_Sakhi
Vishakha_Sakhi

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 4:09pm | IP Logged

More stories:

LORD VISHNU RECEIVES SUDARSHAN CHAKRA

The deities went to lord Vishnu, after being tormented by the demons. They requested him to annihilate the demons. After assuring them, Lord Vishnu went to Kailash mountain to do his penance. But even his tremendous penance was not enough to please Lord Shiva.

Lord Vishnu then worshipped lord Shiva by chanting the mantras of Shiva Sahastranamavali. He also offered one thousand lotus flowers to lord Shiva in course of his worship.

One day Shiva wanted to test the devotion of lord Vishnu. He disappeared one lotus flower from among the one thousand flowers. When lord Vishnu began his worship he found that there was one flower less. To make up for this deficiency, he was offering his one eye to lord Shiva - his eye which has been compared with a lotus flower.

Lord Shiva was very mush impressed by his exceptional devotion. He appeared before Vishnu and asked him to demand any boon he wished. Lord Vishnu demanded a divine weapon to annihilate the demons. Lord Shiva gave him a sparkling Sudharshan Chakra. On the request of Lord Vishnu he established himself in the form of Harishwar Shivalinga. At last lord Vishnu killed the demon with his Sudarshan Chakra.

Krishna Prays to Have a Son

Lord Krishna was consumed with the desire to have a son. So he went to seek the advice of a particular sage. When the sage saw Lord Krishna, he was overwhelmed with joy. Everybody was shouting, "Krishna has come, Krishna has come!" and they all started worshipping Krishna.

The sage asked Krishna, "Please tell me what I can do for you. Is there anything that you would like me to do?"

Krishna answered, "It is a very simple thing that I want. I want to have a son. Please tell me how I can have a son."

"Only Lord Shiva can help in this matter," said the sage. "You have to pray to Lord Shiva. First, you must gather one thousand flowers. With these flowers you must worship Lord Shiva for many years. When Lord Shiva is pleased with your worship, you will be granted a son."

Krishna left the cottage of the sage and entered into seclusion. He put ashes all over his body and clothed himself in the bark of a tree. For years and years he prayed, only to have a glimpse of Lord Shiva and to ask him for a boon.

With her third eye, Parvati saw that Krishna was praying and praying all alone in the heart
of the forest. She said to her husband, "My Lord, what are you doing? Why are you not responding? Lord Krishna has been worshipping you, only you, for so many years."

"What do you want me to do?" asked Shiva.

"Just go and stand before him," pleaded Parvati. "As a matter of fact, let us go together."

Both Parvati and Shiva appeared before Krishna. Shiva said to him, "What are you doing? Why should you, of all people, pray to me? You are Narayana, you are Vishnu, you are the avatar of this era, you pervade everything. Why then are you praying to me?"

Krishna responded, "Lord Shiva, I know that you are the only one who can fulfill my desire."

"Is there any desire which you yourself cannot fulfill?" asked Shiva.

"I was told that only you can fulfill this particular desire. Therefore, I have come to you," answered Krishna.

"What is your desire?" asked Shiva.

"I wish to have a son exactly like you," Krishna said to Shiva. "It has to be exactly like you, otherwise I do not want it."

Shiva and Parvati both smiled and immediately Shiva granted Krishna the boon. Krishna returned home and, after some time, his wife, Jambavati, bore a son. They named him Samba.

Sri Ram's worship of Lord Rameshwar
The Legend according to Sri Ramcharitmanas by Goswami Tulsidas 

When Sri Ram along with the army of monkeys started towards Lanka to attain Sita Ji, on their way they encountered the vast ocean. Though Sri Ram could dry up a hundred oceans; yet, being a master of propriety, He consulted Vibhisana and in accordance with his suggestion asked passage of the ocean with a heart full of compassion. But three days elapsed, the crass ocean did not answer the Lord's prayer, thereupon Sri Ram indignantly said, "There can be no love without inspiring fear. Lakshman, bring Me My bow and arrows I shall now dry up the ocean". Seeing Sri Ram with His terrible bow and arrow the presiding deity of the ocean giving up his pride appeared before Sri Ram and apologized. The ocean informed about the boon that Nila and Nala (the two monkey brothers in the army) got earlier, that by their touch even huge mountains would float on the ocean; and thus the ocean can be bridged. Then taking the permission of Sri Ram the monkeys started to construct the bridge.

When the All-merciful saw the exceedingly beautiful construction of the bridge, He smiled and observed thus: "This is a most delightful and excellent spot; its glory is immeasurable and cannot be described in words. I will install (an emblem of) Lord Shambhu here: it is the crowning ambition of My heart."

Hearing this Sugreev, the lord of the monkeys dispatched a number of messengers, who invited and fetched all the great sages.

Having installed an emblem of Lord Shiva and worshipped it with due solemnity, Sri Ram said, "No one else is as dear to Me as Shiva. An enemy of Shiva although he calls himself a devotee of Mine, cannot attain to Me even in a dream. He who is opposed to Shankar and yet aspires for devotion to Me is doomed to perdition, stupid and dull-witted as he is. Men, who, though devoted to Shankar, are hostile to Me and even so those who are enemies of Shiva but votaries of Mine shall have their abode in the most frightful hell till the end of creation. They who will behold Lord Rameshwara will, on quitting the body, go direct to My abode. And a person who takes the water of the Ganga and pours it on the Lord will attain liberation in the form of absorption into My being. Again, whosoever adores the Lord with a simple mind and without any material desires will be blessed by Shankar with devotion to Me. And he who sees the bridge erected by me will be able to cross the ocean of worldly existence without any exertion".

Sri Ram's words gladdened the heart of all and the great sages returned each to his own hermitage.

Edited by Vedo - 12 March 2011 at 5:12pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuchMagadhSundari...PARiNA.....RamKiJanaki..

Vishakha_Sakhi
Vishakha_Sakhi

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 5:21pm | IP Logged
Whew I'm finally finished here (for now! LOL)
So now the discussion is open guys!

What are your thoughts on this divine leela of Shri Harihara...of both being each other's Lord as well as each other's Devotee at the same time? Do you understand it? How does it make you feel/ what emotions does reading about or watching this leela evoke in you?

Feel free to discuss anything concerning this divine leela in here. Embarrassed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaMagadhSundari...PARiNA.....RamKiJanaki..

...PARiNA... IF-Rockerz
...PARiNA...
...PARiNA...

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 1:07am | IP Logged
first of all Vedo .. i love the way u always create the thread !!

reminded me the quote once mentioned by Janu
"Do Bhakt Do Bhagwan"
i dont like when ppl says that only the Lord they worship is supreme (Vishnu/Shiva) but Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu never compared that who is supreme.
Lord Vishnu in Ram Avatar worshiped Lord Shiva & Lord Shiva too loved Him in Ram and Krishna roop . He specially took Jugler (Madari) roop along with Hanumanji and Saint respectively just to get Lord Vishnu's darshan.
by this i guess the want to proof there is no difference in Them !

DebipriyaShivangBuchVishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

...PARiNA... IF-Rockerz
...PARiNA...
...PARiNA...

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 1:11am | IP Logged
One more pic of HariHara

_/\_

Om Namah Shivaya
Jai Shri Vishnu
Jai Shri HariHara

Edited by ...PARiNA... - 13 March 2011 at 1:12am

DebipriyaShivangBuchVishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 7:09am | IP Logged
WOW, aMAZing thread, Vedo! I am a worshipper of both Shiva and Vishnu, and I cannot differentiate between them even if I tried. I love how all the Ramayan and Krishna serials also emphasized this concept of 'Do Bhakt, Do Bhagwan', and never took one of those stands where one groups constantly fights with the other about who is supreme. They are losing the essence of God by this.Ouch

LOVE your vids, thanks for sharing with us! Btw, you forgot a vid from AS Ramayan where Ram and Sita perform an Abhishek to Shiva Linga after their marriage, and that is where the 'Do Bhakt, Do Bhagwan' song came from. Do you know where it is or should I find it?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuchVishakha_Sakhi

Vishakha_Sakhi
Vishakha_Sakhi

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ...PARiNA...

first of all Vedo .. i love the way u always create the thread !!  Aww thanks Pari! Embarrassed

reminded me the quote once mentioned by Janu
"Do Bhakt Do Bhagwan"  Yes this part of the lyrics of a song in AS Ramayan, I will add the vid link! Wink

i dont like when ppl says that only the Lord they worship is supreme (Vishnu/Shiva) but Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu never compared that who is supreme.  Pari I also don't like this, I am a devotee of both and for me they are one and the same so it's sad to hear people differentiating between them or try to prove one as superior over the other!!

And thank you for sharing that beautiful Harihara pic, I added it to the post! Embarrassed

Edited by Vedo - 13 March 2011 at 2:21pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuch

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index