India-Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani
Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

Dark Love Story??? Really???

vidi263 Groupbie
vidi263
vidi263

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 12:13pm | IP Logged

When the show started th only USP of the show was that it is a "dark love story". They promoted the show that way and that heightened the expectations of the viewers. When the actors were asked in their interviews what is a dark love story for them, they all said a love story which is impossible and which has a lot of complications.

For me, the meaning of a dark love story is not just the impossibility of the relationship and the complications but the raw passion with which two people are in love inspite of all the odds. A love story can be complicated in all possible ways but that does not necessarily make it dark. There has to be a large component of the passion, the sheer magnetism and attraction between two people and their unsaid but very strong feelings for each other. When this show started it had all these factors but with time there is a crest in the passion the lead characters feel for each other. The "darkness" from the love story is out and now there are only complications which are so typical of all the Ekta shows. The supernatural component is long lost and the complications are not related to the vampire and supernatural world anymore...it is once again the typical story of plots, revenge and incredibly rediculous "gay"tracks which, by the way, fails miserably to provide any fun and laughter.

I would have really appreciated if there was some supernatural element and complications in the show and Abhay and Piya fighting them together. It would have added a lot to the intrigue and darkness of the story. I wanted to see the amazing chemistry and passion of the lead pair which is not exisiting any more. This show could have been a trend setter but I don't even know where the track is going. I wish the creative get the "darkness" back the don't lose the essence of the story.

Love and Luck Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ragadeepikaBazingaachahat4uTOTAL-ROMANTICanshra.Jane..

chahat4u IF-Sizzlerz
chahat4u
chahat4u

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
u  r right. I too feel the same, a lot could have been done. BUt for now, its only a typical EK show. except d fact humans r substituted by vampires.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vidi263BazingaaTOTAL-ROMANTIC.Jane..

.Jane.. IF-Stunnerz
.Jane..
.Jane..

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
I will have to agree with you. It's not even complication. It's plain complicated. There are actually actions which are uncalled for and which do not make sense. And specially Pia's 'No Interference' dialogue kind of has me worried because she interferes in only those' people lives whom she cares about. First Maya, then Abhay and now, Panchi. It's absurd but it's her way of showing her love and care for the person. She interferes because she feels she has a right over their lives, as a friend, sister, lover, whatever. I guess Abhay's behaviour has shattered her illusion that she had a right over his. Maybe people are relieved but I take that as a negative sign. As it is, I'm hardly getting any positive signs these days. 
As far as Abhay goes, now, it makes sense about him not telling Pia about Sid, because Sid has threatened to kill her if she knows about him, but why was there a need to hide the truth in the first place?
The jail track will be taken kindly by me only if Pia sticks by Abhay. I know the way Abhay's been behaving, Pia has kind of lost faith in their relationship and rightly so but keeping the past instances in mind, she should trust him.

Even on a human level, their relationship is not proving to be a healthy one and they have a long way to go when it comes to trust and faith, specially from Abhay's side. The supernatural aspect is at another level altogether.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vidi263BazingaaTOTAL-ROMANTIC

vidi263 Groupbie
vidi263
vidi263

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
I will have to agree with you. It's not even complication. It's plain complicated. There are actually actions which are uncalled for and which do not make sense. And specially Pia's 'No Interference' dialogue kind of has me worried because she interferes in only those' people lives whom she cares about. First Maya, then Abhay and now, Panchi. It's absurd but it's her way of showing her love and care for the person. She interferes because she feels she has a right over their lives, as a friend, sister, lover, whatever. I guess Abhay's behaviour has shattered her illusion that she had a right over his. Maybe people are relieved but I take that as a negative sign. As it is, I'm hardly getting any positive signs these days. 
As far as Abhay goes, now, it makes sense about him not telling Pia about Sid, because Sid has threatened to kill her if she knows about him, but why was there a need to hide the truth in the first place?
The jail track will be taken kindly by me only if Pia sticks by Abhay. I know the way Abhay's been behaving, Pia has kind of lost faith in their relationship and rightly so but keeping the past instances in mind, she should trust him.

Even on a human level, their relationship is not proving to be a healthy one and they have a long way to go when it comes to trust and faith, specially from Abhay's side. The supernatural aspect is at another level altogether

Thats extactly my point...this is not a dark love story and not a supernatural drama at all now...the kind pf plotting is shown right now they did not really have to be vampires....This can happen in any other show with a regular story...my problem is with the loss of the essence of the story..the passion that the lead pair is supposed to have, the darkness of their relationship, the promise of light they give each other and the fight against the supernatural and other odds.

Piya confuses me...and frankly her character hasn't impressed me at all...she is weak, inconsistent and very confused. She is the one who is supposed ot be the Abhay's strength, but so far she has only proven to be a weakness...I completely agree with u that she inteferes only in those people's lives who she cares about...but she is not showing any signs of being proactive in handling the current situation...lets see how it goes further...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Bazingaa

vidi263 Groupbie
vidi263
vidi263

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chahat4u

u  r right. I too feel the same, a lot could have been done. BUt for now, its only a typical EK show. except d fact humans r substituted by vampires.
you are right...it has turned into a typical EK show. I hope they realize this this in time and stop it becoming further disaster.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Bazingaa

.Jane.. IF-Stunnerz
.Jane..
.Jane..

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vidi263

Thats extactly my point...this is not a dark love story and not a supernatural drama at all now...the kind pf plotting is shown right now they did not really have to be vampires....This can happen in any other show with a regular story...my problem is with the loss of the essence of the story..the passion that the lead pair is supposed to have, the darkness of their relationship, the promise of light they give each other and the fight against the supernatural and other odds.

Piya confuses me...and frankly her character hasn't impressed me at all...she is weak, inconsistent and very confused. She is the one who is supposed ot be the Abhay's strength, but so far she has only proven to be a weakness...I completely agree with u that she inteferes only in those people's lives who she cares about...but she is not showing any signs of being proactive in handling the current situation...lets see how it goes further...

I know what you mean. For the current track specially, they really didn't need vampires. It has happened in every other EK show. In fact there has been nothing supernatural in the show so far except Abhay acting as an Earthquake warning device but then, at least earlier to story had some definite direction. Now it's going around in circlesSleepy Sleepy Sleepy
The show is not all shaping up the way I expected it too. It actually had the potential to create history on Indian television despite being a rip off. Anyhow, like you said, let's see how it goes further...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vidi263Bazingaa

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index