~|~ LTL - Comments/Criticism Corner ~|~

Posted: 13 years ago
Hello Everyone!

This thread is primarily to voice any complaints or (constructive) criticism we might have for the CVs or persons incharge of Laagi Tujhse Lagan.

While everyone is encouraged to post their opinions and views of current tracks, characters and/or marketing/production aspects of the show, please remember to be civil and polite in our conversations. Any rude or disrespectful comments will not be tolerated and appropriate actions will be taken.

Similarly, every member is entitled to their opinion and views. Tolerance of difference opinions will be expected even if we do not agree with them. Any attacks on members with reference to their opinions/views will not be tolerated and will be dealt with severely.

Additionally, repetitive comments about the SAME point is considered spamming and is not allowed. You're free to voice your concerns about an aspect of the show that you feel needs fixing. But you'll be expected to be patient once you make that post, allowing the CVs to take your advice into consideration and incorporate it accordingly (when and if they visit the thread). Posting the same "complaint" over and over again within a limited span will serve no purpose other than spamming the thread.

And lastly, since this thread is set up with the intent to provide helpful guidance/criticism for the CVs, it is important that the comments posted here do just that. Any one-liner comments will not be allowed simply because there is nothing constructive about a one-liner. There is no "help" or "suggestion" being provided in that comment. If we want the CVs to take our opinions into consideration, we have to take the responsibility to sound convincing. And one-liners don't serve that purpose.

Viewer feedback is an essential tool for a show's success. So I hope all of us would take this opportunity to provide criticism for aspects of the show that can be improved AND praise/recognition for aspects of the show that were/are brilliant.

Happy commenting!

Regards,
LTL Dev. Team
Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago
Thanks for setting this up. It was much needed, there was just too much of everything.  Hopefully this will present a healthier, more diplomatic and sensible platform for further discussions on relevant topics. (Constructive criticism)😊

Edited by fuzzyface - 13 years ago
nice thread fivr
i hav a complaint regarding the current storyline as its obvious they r heading towards a love triangle track...LTL is a unique show n very popular on TV simply becos its story, concept n storylines r dif from wt we c in other shws, bt if this LT track comes abt thn LTL wil surely lose its charm

in addition i think its high time dutta's eye sight returned n he fought with kala

and i think dutta should also b shown gtin close n attached 2 madhu becos afterall she is his sis n its nt fair hw she's being treated by him! and they shud develop madhu's character a lot mre thn wt they hav dne so far which is nothing...
Edited by Yuvika_15 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by Yuvika_15

i think its high time dutta's eye sight returned n he fought with kala

Word.
Dutta needs to regain his eyesight asap. Even by LTL time he has been blind for quite a while now. We have seen Dutta's suffering, despair, struggle and determination to overcome his physically challenged state. We also know that he is strong,brave and highly skilled. But now the time has come where he should be 100% fit to fight his enemies. Firstly, it will be realistic and LTL has predominantly been closer to reality.

Secondly, Dutta should be able to see his enemies' reactions when he overpowers them. Moreover, Chaskar, Kaka and Suds have made fun of his blindness. Chaskar should know that all his efforts to harm Dutta have been in vain before he is killed by Dutta.

Its high time Good conquers evil !

Thanks for the thread Fivr.

Edited by ivy_11 - 13 years ago

Thank you for opening this thread. It was much needed. CVs and producers, here are my two cents:

1) Recently, there have been moments in the episodes in which some of the dialogues have seemed very out-of-character. This has been the case with a few Dutta and Nakusha scenes. It wouldn't have bothered me if I had experienced this happening at any point earlier on the show, but to me it has been a recent kind of thing that seems to be the consequence of carelessness from the writers' side rather than a random mistake.

It just seems as if the writers are careless in relation to the characters and the show at times. I remember the dialogues and scenes between every one of the characters on the show as being cautiously thought out, considered carefully. But that doesn't seem to be the case recently. There are rare moments in which the dialogues are really well-written and in character. I, for one, feel that Kala's dialogues are always bang on. It irks me when Dutta's aren't.

2) The directing/camera angles and focus out in the basti is very different from the way the scenes are shot back at the Patil Niwas. I don't mind fresh directors as, up until February2011, the directors hired for LTL have proven to sustain the essence, the unique feel of the show - but with the new directing in February 2011, I have been nothing but disturbed. It comes across as sort of cheap and, at times, completely awkward directing. It feels as if the new director doesn't know his actors very well and thus misses out on shooting/focusing on their brilliant performances during their scenes - especially Dutta hasn't been treated fairly by the new directing in the past one and a half month. 

There has been serious lack of camera focus on him; his scenes cut awkwardly that took away from the actor's performance. He wasn't allowed to play out his scene, wasn't given any actual time or focus. However, I feel that in the past two episodes, the camera has focused a bit more on him, but not to the degree that it used to, or even to the degree that Yash Chauhan, Jignish M. Vaishnav, Dharmesh Shah, and Vijay Krishnan Chaturvedi used to focus on him (they had a way of putting so much life into the directing of LTL and sustaining its unique style while at the same time focusing on Dutta from all angles). 

Also, there's been a lot of jumping from shot to shot rather than giving one scene its needed time to evolve and then move on to another.

It seems that the team is under time pressure or something of that sort as the episodes appear to be shot and put together quickly, and carelessly, at times. This is all in comparison to pre-January episodes when the directing still had its unique style and spirit. 

Shooting in two different locations with one director might turn out to be an issue if the team is under time pressure and, perhaps, there might be financial reasons as well? So, the solution might've been hiring another director to bag the shots involving Dutta - and wherever he is - while Yash Chauhan remained back at the PN?

However, the difference between the two directing shows. To the point where I find the new directing sadly lacking (rather than complementing) in a few very essential departments. 

4) Stranger yet is that Dutta seems to remember/mention everyone from his family except Madhu - his blood-related sister whom he had started to bond with and who is rather important to him as well. But for some reason, he has yet to even mention her.

Suggestions:

1) I hope (if Mishal stays and LTL continues) that Dutta's past will be explored a bit more - in depth. For instance, how he got his satta. We know that he killed a lot of people and fought his way to the throne, but we haven't exactly been shown how he seized the throne. That would be an interesting story to tell.

2) It would be nice to see Dutta and Madhu's relationship be explored a bit further as well. I never felt that Dutta got his feelings completely sorted out in relation to his father and sister. Perhaps we could have a sidetrack that shows us Dutta exploring the curiosity and kind of need he felt to "know" his father? And now his sister? Perhaps he could ask Madhu about their father or something along those lines?

3) It was so awesome to see Baji in action after such a long time. Please do continue to developing him and pulling him to the front. Also, it was nice to see Kishore interact as well. Perhaps we could have the sisters' interaction? How are they developing? What's going through their minds? Etc.

This is it for now. I might return and edit this post if I recall anything else 😃 

In spite of the critisism and suggestions, I feel that LTL is the one show that has always had the most beautifully complex cast of characters, unique character-developments, and so much awesome focus on characters and their relationships rather than suspense and drama. It's what hooked me in the beginning and what I continue to hope will be sustained on the show.

I love LTL for what it was pre-January. I do hope it will return to its brilliant stardard and maintain it.
Edited by Elysia - 13 years ago
Originally posted by Elysia

In spite of the critisism and suggestions, I feel that LTL is the one show that has always had the most beautifully complex cast of characters, unique character-developments, and so much awesome focus on characters and their relationships rather than suspense and drama. It's what hooked me in the beginning and what I continue to hope will be sustained on the show. 

I love LTL for what it was pre-January. I do hope it will return to its brilliant stardard and maintain it.
hi elysia . i  fully agree with you , you have mentioned all so well ....  truly  there is such a huge potential inthe story line/ characters/actors/    fan following  .. I too hope the show retuns to its brilliant standard  and the directors /crew encash this oppurtunity and make this a number 1 show

raj
Originally posted by prncz

hi elysia . i  fully agree with you , you have mentioned all so well ....  truly  there is such a huge potential inthe story line/ characters/actors/    fan following  .. I too hope the show retuns to its brilliant standard  and the directors /crew encash this oppurtunity and make this a number 1 show

raj

I second , Both of u .
One show that has managed to keep its hold ... briliant cast , crew and a totally diff story .

Originally posted by Elysia

Thank you for opening this thread. It was much needed. CVs and producers, here are my two cents:

1) Recently, there have been moments in the episodes in which some of the dialogues have seemed very out-of-character. This has been the case with a few Dutta and Nakusha scenes. It wouldn't have bothered me if I had experienced this happening at any point earlier on the show, but to me it has been a recent kind of thing that seems to be the consequence of carelessness from the writers' side rather than a random mistake.

It just seems as if the writers are careless in relation to the characters and the show at times. I remember the dialogues and scenes between every one of the characters on the show as being cautiously thought out, considered carefully. But that doesn't seem to be the case recently. There are rare moments in which the dialogues are really well-written and in character. I, for one, feel that Kala's dialogues are always bang on. It irks me when Dutta's aren't.

2) The directing/camera angles and focus out in the basti is very different from the way the scenes are shot back at the Patil Niwas. I don't mind fresh directors as, up until February2011, the directors hired for LTL have proven to sustain the essence, the unique feel of the show - but with the new directing in February 2011, I have been nothing but disturbed. It comes across as sort of cheap and, at times, completely awkward directing. It feels as if the new director doesn't know his actors very well and thus misses out on shooting/focusing on their brilliant performances during their scenes - especially Dutta hasn't been treated fairly by the new directing in the past one and a half month. 

There has been serious lack of camera focus on him; his scenes cut awkwardly that took away from the actor's performance. He wasn't allowed to play out his scene, wasn't given any actual time or focus. However, I feel that in the past two episodes, the camera has focused a bit more on him, but not to the degree that it used to, or even to the degree that Yash Chauhan, Jignish M. Vaishnav, Dharmesh Shah, and Vijay Krishnan Chaturvedi used to focus on him (they had a way of putting so much life into the directing of LTL and sustaining its unique style while at the same time focusing on Dutta from all angles). 

Also, there's been a lot of jumping from shot to shot rather than giving one scene its needed time to evolve and then move on to another.

It seems that the team is under time pressure or something of that sort as the episodes appear to be shot and put together quickly, and carelessly, at times. This is all in comparison to pre-January episodes when the directing still had its unique style and spirit. 

Shooting in two different locations with one director might turn out to be an issue if the team is under time pressure and, perhaps, there might be financial reasons as well? So, the solution might've been hiring another director to bag the shots involving Dutta - and wherever he is - while Yash Chauhan remained back at the PN?

However, the difference between the two directing shows. To the point where I find the new directing sadly lacking (rather than complementing) in a few very essential departments. 

4) Stranger yet is that Dutta seems to remember/mention everyone from his family except Madhu - his blood-related sister whom he had started to bond with and who is rather important to him as well. But for some reason, he has yet to even mention her.

Suggestions:

1) I hope (if Mishal stays and LTL continues) that Dutta's past will be explored a bit more - in depth. For instance, how he got his satta. We know that he killed a lot of people and fought his way to the throne, but we haven't exactly been shown how he seized the throne. That would be an interesting story to tell.

2) It would be nice to see Dutta and Madhu's relationship be explored a bit further as well. I never felt that Dutta got his feelings completely sorted out in relation to his father and sister. Perhaps we could have a sidetrack that shows us Dutta exploring the curiosity and kind of need he felt to "know" his father? And now his sister? Perhaps he could ask Madhu about their father or something along those lines?

3) It was so awesome to see Baji in action after such a long time. Please do continue to developing him and pulling him to the front. Also, it was nice to see Kishore interact as well. Perhaps we could have the sisters' interaction? How are they developing? What's going through their minds? Etc.

This is it for now. I might return and edit this post if I recall anything else 😃 

Elysia I agree with you...👍🏼

You just wrote what (I think) many have been feeling and thinking....Something have been really off with the show the last 1 or 2 months.

There has been some really good moments, some good Scenes in the episodes...but in the whole the show is not what it used to be. The writing, directing has not  been as good 😔 and the uniqueness of the show (I feel) has been missing. 😔

I would love to see how Dutta got his "Satta" 😛  Also to see Dutta and Madhu getting more closer and see there relationship grow. 😛

There is so much more story to tell...but the focus has to be 100% back on the show...at the moment it is not. 😔
Edited by agbg98 - 13 years ago
Thank you for opening this thread. It was much needed. CVs and producers, here are my   requests .

Cvs  if u planning for triangle with seema please withdraw the idea .

It will spoil the LTL uniqueness and  lowers the Dutta Bhau character .

1)  we are losing  interest in this show by seema.

we hate seema role .  seema as an actor also is disgusting . we can't see her even for a second .

please avoid  dirty unnecessary triangle with seema . we are unable to bear seema character  and her crying any more .

please  don't ruin LTL theme and  uniqueness by triangle with seema.

Laagi tujhse lagaan is a beautiful divine love story . please don't compare this show with other shows  of colors and please for our sake don't try to spoil the beautiful love story by introducing triangle with seema .

If triangle happens definetely  cvs  we  are no more interested  in watching the show .

No one will be interested with this triangle and definetely the show will lose its uniqueness and its theme .

This is not  my personal opinion it's opinion of many girls like me  who  have  fallen in love with beautiful love story of  Dutta and Nakusha .

we can't see seema in between the lovable couple Dutta Nakusha .

This is our Sincere request . Please kill Seema  and save the unique  Dutta Nakusha Love story .

we just want seema out of the show...her track has been unnecessarily being dragged..

Hope u  people will make us happy by considering the requests from  our side.

we will feel happy if u consider our request .

Laagi tujhse lagaan is a beautiful divine love story . please don't compare this show with other shows of colors and please for our sake don't try to spoil the beautiful love  story by introducing triangle with seema .

If triangle happens definetely  we   are not going to watch the show . we will quit the show .

If cvs want  to change in the story line please introduce another male villain and please please please kill seeema character . Its enough of seema .

2)  Dutta Nakusha  are married couple so now  we want more passionate scenes from them .  The scenes  now showing are affectionate not passionate .

we need more  and more   intense romantic scenes between dutta - nakusha .

But the scenes now showing between them are not satisfactory .

3)  please don't seperate tasha again . Its already many times happened and they gone through all tough times and because of seeema don't seperate tasha  again . Its horrible to watch .

we will feel happy if u consider our requests .
Edited by ziks - 13 years ago
Thanks for this thread. A great idea indeed.

Hope some people get to read this,

Agree with most of the comments here.

Am terribly disappointed with the juggling of scenes, donno if some think its creative direction or edition....or its just to generate the suspense element...whateva its not flying.

A scene needs to be taken from start to its finish, only then it creates the desired impact.

Off late a lot of scenes have been stitched together with no proper flow. And it disappoints.

There are a lot of people who appreciate and look forward to the technical aspects - which was one of the USPs of this show.
Sad to see the degeneration.