Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai

a thought about the changes to happen..

shanaya28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Everytime I log in  the news feed of IF there are always something related to serials.its either one getting off air reason  poor trp or new one ready to get launched.

So many serials In the pipeline for the channels.some work and some does not and of course we cant forget our show bidaai which worked well In the TAM ratings but still got axed.

Just read a show on zee getting axed due to poor trp to say this show was launched a few months back.so nowadays its all TAM rate or good storyline  ..you may be a good actor but if concept does not interest the audiences then nothing can save the show of how much twist/turn in story..as we know in a serial this always happen the storyline changes according to the viewers need of wat they want to watch..

Read an article how now the trend of rural shows have been become too much.its not working now and channels are ready for the changes now.back to urban shows..my POV rural shows has done well at a certain time but an overdose has killed the audiences interest as all seem nearly following the same storyline..

Agle janam did well ..balika vadu too but some did not and there are many examples..

I was reading apoorva's interview..an old one but I must say he was really farsighted about rural shows..

"The actor also reveals what propelled him to choose this soap, "I wanted to do something good if it came by and Bidaai certainly is that show. It is a positive role and it's an urban story. I'm fed up of rural settings in TV today. It's regressive in terms of content too. I got many offers from such shows but did not take it up. I like my city."

He adds, "It's definitely my comeback in terms of serials as I was concentrating on reality shows. But I'm happy to be doing so with an urban character that spreads cheer. I didn't want to do serials set in rural India because it really depresses me. I cannot do a serial that does not get me excited. I can see the industry is following the trend of rural India like a herd but I'm glad I chose not to be a part of it. I have nothing against rural India. Some of the shows like Balika Vadhu is good too but it's not my cup of tea."

I like his sincerity here and today we can say he was right..not only him but PH/channels too are on the same thinking line as him..

my personal point of view is we are facing such serious issues in real life..we are reading about  such real scaring facts in true life so why expose it to the viewers again and again..its reel..fiction so keep it to it.abusive language.violence  how much this will keep the viewers glued to the show cant be said..

changes are bound to happen and it will happen may be after IPL..so lets see if viewers accept these changes wholeheartedly..an example the buzz of bidaai2 on cards..

will like your views about the changes of rural shows to urban ones.. 
Edited by savee_k - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rekha02 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Savee, I don't recall reading an article where Apu is talking about rural soaps in such great detail. Maybe it is the magazine article.Ina way Iam glad that urban based soaps are back as I would prefer veiwing one which has Apu in another great character.

Nice thought.I recall reading once why Zeetv does a soap on a unique concept like the one which is going off air . At that time they were claiming such concepts need to be shown despite lack ot tvrs but they did not support the show long as the end of the day Tvrs do matter.

Tell me again about Bidaai a unique show which worked despite a lack of story as they claimed and also despite two pillars who had to leave for thier own reasons. another point about Bidaai uniqueness would be the way it ended an a unique high a benchmark which other shows might find hard to keep.

Of late after the success of Balika Vadhu many channels followed the trend and many rural based shows came, I viewed and liked only a few Bandini, Kashi, devi. but did not keep up after a lack of interest after a certain point of time. I watched Kashi as it was great concept on education but was on a  wrong channel so did not work maybe. Balika vadhu I never saw as colors airs in middle east only recently .

I agree life has too much tragedy I don't want to watch endless torture in a soap. I prefer a realistic city based show  instead which has all the flavours . Wish channelwalas and producers think of adapations of novels as they have great stories to tell . Wonder Sp gives preference only to their female leads while all these years I have actually loved the characters played by a male lead. Apurva shined out even in Bidaai in the few months he was on air.

For me change would be the day I see a strong male protogonist show despite being a housewife . The trend has already started there are two male protogonist shows on air on two different channels whoch are appreciated i think. Hope Apu gets to do one such show one day.😃
Edited by rekha03 - 13 years ago
shanaya28 thumbnail
@rekha...was browsing the net and came across some bidaai articles and this is one when he was going to make his entry in the show..

yes i do remember about this show article when it was going to be launched but now its going of air..

so you see a show depends on viewers choice now..TRP matters the most..a few yrs back duration of shows no matter wat kind of story they  ruled  the small screen more than 5-6 yrs but now a show lifetime can be  much less than that ..poor TRP exit door as there so many PH with their shows in pipeline.one gone another replaces it immeadiately..

so my pov rural shows too is same..beginning it can be good but with time viewers start lacking interest and their duration is always at stake..

"I agree life has too much tragedy I don't want to watch endless torture in a soap. I prefer a realistic city based show  instead which has all the flavours . Wish channelwalas and producers think of adapations of novels as they have great stories to tell . Wonder Sp gives preference only to their male leads while all these years I have actually loved the characters played by a male lead. Apurva shined out even in Bidaai in the few months he was on air".

such a good point and i agree with you..a change is needed so lets hope its in a positive way..

read the last part and i can say the trend will be changing soon.of course its always been the bahus ruling but now rare exception are there and yes i do hope apoorva gets this opportunity too..

bidaai leap focus was on ragini as a mother but personally for me apoorva the character he played with so many shades got the attention of the viewers.he was male lead and he definitely shined in the show till the end..example the last epi he alone brought the show to its open climax so brilliantly..

Edited by savee_k - 13 years ago
rekha02 thumbnail
Savee, please read my full view point some thoughts which have been in my mind for a long time hence this long post which is rare coming for me . Thanks for your long post which is instrumental in my feedback.
shanaya28 thumbnail
@rekha...read it all and such nice point you have penned down..

the word is change and its good to watch the male protagonist getting the needed focus and not being left in the BG after certain laspe of time..trend has started so lets wish for a better change..

as i mentioned above for me apoorva already did it in bidaai and that too in nearly 4 months..

hoping he is back in bidaai2 and i'm sure he will rock  the show and even alone he can raise the bar high in the TRP chart with his immense talent given the needed focus.well for that we dont need proof  bidaai leap is a big example..
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: rekha03

Savee, I don't recall reading an article where Apu is talking about rural soaps in such great detail. Maybe it is the magazine article.Ina way Iam glad that urban based soaps are back as I would prefer veiwing one which has Apu in another great character.

Any day !! i think he suits only urban 😆 Sauve handsome bossy attitude Armaan Sir , Dev pratap Singh  even Anmol Rajvansh for taht matter perfect with a capital T

Nice thought.I recall reading once why Zeetv does a soap on a unique concept like the one which is going off air . At that time they were claiming such concepts need to be shown despite lack ot tvrs but they did not support the show long as the end of the day Tvrs do matter.

Tell me again about Bidaai a unique show which worked despite a lack of story as they claimed and also despite two pillars who had to leave for thier own reasons. another point about Bidaai uniqueness would be the way it ended an a unique high a benchmark which other shows might find hard to keep.

U know the uniqueness of the show was so much depth in the characterization and it was shown that  with all the possible characters which were out of picture, it had some good turning of the show with entry like Apurva and proved it being great in its way...
I cannot undderstand why the shut Bidaaii with the hightes TVR
Every time I see a show shutting which seems fair enough but why shut a show with a high TVR ...

Of late after the success of Balika Vadhu many channels followed the trend and many rural based shows came, I viewed and liked only a few Bandini, Kashi, devi. but did not keep up after a lack of interest after a certain point of time. I watched Kashi as it was great concept on education but was on a  wrong channel so did not work maybe. Balika vadhu I never saw as colors airs in middle east only recently .

I agree life has too much tragedy I don't want to watch endless torture in a soap. I prefer a realistic city based show  instead which has all the flavours . Wish channelwalas and producers think of adapations of novels as they have great stories to tell . Wonder Sp gives preference only to their female leads while all these years I have actually loved the characters played by a male lead. Apurva shined out even in Bidaai in the few months he was on air.

Me second ur thoughts !! Apurva can rule the show.. Infact I would get pura paisa vasool !!!😆😆😆

And yeah too much tragedy going on  also I would like to see amney saamney takkar well, Like Apurva the male and teh female protaganist also quite really stronmg
Women are extremely strong and they need to be shown  out well,

I like shows like frienmds or everybody loves Raymond whih airs hwere in US..
These sitcoms are everything to do with perfect   in showing how well male leads and female blend well in urban surrounbdings

Uniqueness can be well made with urban shows and great concept catchy storyline take real time instances blend them and there u have everything to offer.
Even rural shows should have good urban touch otherwise its  painful to watch...

For me change would be the day I see a strong male protogonist show despite being a housewife . The trend has already started there are two male protogonist shows on air on two different channels whoch are appreciated i think. Hope Apu gets to do one such show one day.😃

*I want one complete show on the male protaganist  and make him be apurva !!!😆

Seriously It leaves a big smile on ur face  He can easily carry shows on his shoulder proven in bidaaii !
rekha02 thumbnail
bidaai leap focus was on ragini as a mother but personally for me apoorva the character he played with so many shades got the attention of the viewers.he was male lead and he definitely shined in the show till the end..example the last epi he alone brought the show to its open climax so brilliantly..

Savee, agree with you, the audience accepted Anmol wholeheartly wish Apu gets his dream of working on his character for another 1 1/2years and wish we have our dream fulfilled of seeing Anmol-Ragini  a couple made for each other in the true sense as the last few months was more about Anmol giving his 100% in the relation while Ragini was busy being mother, DIL  and everything else except a wife .Now on every channel I see realtionships blossoming a second time while Anmol never had that chance and they call it a happy ending, it was not in my opinion .

Edited by rekha03 - 13 years ago
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: rekha03

Savee, agree with you, the audience accepted Anmol wholeheartly wish Apu gets his dream of working on his character for another 1 1/2years and wish we have our dream fulfilled of seeing Anmol-Ragini  a couple made for each other in the true sense as the last few months was more about Anmol giving his 100% in the relation while Ragini was busy being mother, DIL  and everything else except a wife .Now on every channel I see realtionships blossoming a second time while Anmol never had that chance and they call it a happy ending, it was not in my opinion .

O definatly .. Every show is  heading inthat direction

But they had to axe bidaiai even thought it had higtes TRP
bhondu2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Some people are etched for some kinda roles and they just excell in that
I think Apurva is like that and he gives his 100% for that show and he makes the character beleievable..

He suits  urban shows and even for that he gives flavors thats what I like abt him

"The actor also reveals what propelled him to choose this soap, "I wanted to do something good if it came by and Bidaai certainly is that show. It is a positive role and it's an urban story. I'm fed up of rural settings in TV today. It's regressive in terms of content too. I got many offers from such shows but did not take it up. I like my city."

He adds, "It's definitely my comeback in terms of serials as I was concentrating on reality shows. But I'm happy to be doing so with an urban character that spreads cheer. I didn't want to do serials set in rural India because it really depresses me. I cannot do a serial that does not get me excited. I can see the industry is following the trend of rural India like a herd but I'm glad I chose not to be a part of it. I have nothing against rural India. Some of the shows like Balika Vadhu is good too but it's not my cup of tea."

@red part I agree with him

Actually many shows though they are rural based they become monotonous and with all that haoppening in teh world I would rather stick to seeing city based shows with great flavour..

Even in those shows tehy can show rich and poor well
Good script and timing and flvor of urban and rural ideas can be etched well in urban shows

Apurva  we would love to see you back since bidaiii  has just  not given enough of your talent and  you were left half way with it..
We need to see you back again in  the show with a new avataar