Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

RajeevKhandelwal Soundtrack-page 54 (Page 20)

-purnima- IF-Sizzlerz
-purnima-
-purnima-

Posted: 05 September 2011 at 5:03am | IP Logged

Bollywood goes to college

?
Leaving no stone unturned and no audience unexplored, Bollywood movie promotions have entered city colleges with celebs like Imran Khan, Prateik and Ranveer Singh attending fests to promote activities and judge events.

When Rajeev Khandelwal and Mrinalini Sharma came to judge events at Malhar, the college fest of St Xavier's College, the grounds featured promotional material of their upcoming film, Soundtrack.

-purnima- IF-Sizzlerz
-purnima-
-purnima-

Posted: 05 September 2011 at 6:15am | IP Logged

How does Sudhir Mishra manage to be so relevant?'

?

Neerav Ghosh's first film Soundtrack, starring Rajeev Khandelwal and Soha Ali Khan, is all set to hit screens on September 30.

The director is busy promoting his film, which he says tires him, "but the times are such that hard selling your film is must!" Ask the director what he plans to do when the stardust of his first film settles down and he says rather simply, "I'll redefine my dream. My dream was to be a filmmaker. I started out making music videos and that was how I entered tinsel town. Now, I guess I'll have to set a new milestone and mull over my next film, which hopefully will happen soon! I believe that a director can sustain his good work for around 10 years. That's his shelf life!"

Elaborating on it he says, "From the time I began watching films, I've seen nearly all the works of N Chandra, JP Dutta, Subhash Ghai, Mahesh Bhatt and I've realised that for a decade or so, they give their best work to the audience. Then somewhere mid-way they lose the plot. This is not to cast aspersions on their talent, it's just the way the industry works. And then again, there are exceptions to this rule like Sudhir Mishra!" Speaking about this director, Neerav says, "Whether it was Yeh Who Manzil To Nahin, Hazaaron Khwahishein Aisi, Chameli or the recent Yeh Saali Zindgai, he always manages to make relevant cinema. Yeah, maybe some of his films are not BO successes, but years later when you pick a CD and watch his film, his film seems to be telling a story of a relevant era, a burning issue etc., and how he manages to do this with such finesse is something I admire!"

-purnima- IF-Sizzlerz
-purnima-
-purnima-

Posted: 05 September 2011 at 6:27am | IP Logged
Rajeev is the face of intelligent cinema EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

His film's name is Soundtrack and Neerav Ghosh is a happy that his debut film is based on a subject that's close to his heart.

Says the filmmaker, "Back in the 90s I was too part of a band in Delhi and I was the lead guitarist in that band. So, I've seen the life of a musician from pretty close quarters and am glad that my first film that happens to be on music. I was signed on for some other projects too, but things didn't work out then! Maybe since my heart and soul was in music it is only apt that my first film is on music."

Speaking more about his film, Neerav says, "When I started out as a musician, I'll confess the cool quotient of the profession was attractive and the thought of chics adoring you, alluring! But, when on stage amid while performing amid all that loud music of different instruments, a thought always crosses a musician's mind (and it did mine too) 'what if I go deaf?' And it is this fear that gave birth to my film. And playing the lead role is Rajeev Khandelwal."

Quiz the director on his choice of actor and he says, "He just seemed so perfect for the role. Also, he's the face of intelligent, urban cinema and I knew that he'll do justice to the character I have in mind." How did he steer clear of roping in big names for his first film? He says, "I always believe that a film is made in the pre-production stage itself. If the script is strong, the plan well laid out and locations chosen in advance, then the execution of plan, which is filming, is the last part and easiest. And if this is done well, your film does well too!"

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Aamnakideewanispvd

MysticRiver IF-Addictz
MysticRiver
MysticRiver

Posted: 06 September 2011 at 12:41am | IP Logged
nice article there...thanks for sharing puri...Smile
-purnima- IF-Sizzlerz
-purnima-
-purnima-

Posted: 06 September 2011 at 12:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Surya.Ravi

nice article there...thanks for sharing puri...Smile

welcome  EmbarrassedEmbarrassed... surely an intelligent actor EmbarrassedEmbarrassed ... hume toh shuru se hi pata tha TongueTongue now Directors also accepting it  EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MysticRiver

MysticRiver IF-Addictz
MysticRiver
MysticRiver

Posted: 06 September 2011 at 12:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -purnima-

welcome  EmbarrassedEmbarrassed... surely an intelligent actor EmbarrassedEmbarrassed ... hume toh shuru se hi pata tha TongueTongue now Directors also accepting it  EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

absolutely right puri..Rajeev is surely the face of Intelligent & Modern Cinema...yup you are correct hum tho yeh pehle se jaanthe the...ab baakiyon ko bhi patah chal raha hai...good...EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
-purnima- IF-Sizzlerz
-purnima-
-purnima-

Posted: 06 September 2011 at 1:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Surya.Ravi

absolutely right puri..Rajeev is surely the face of Intelligent & Modern Cinema...yup you are correct hum tho yeh pehle se jaanthe the...ab baakiyon ko bhi patah chal raha hai...good...EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

& dats really good to know  "khandelwal existing admist Khans" WinkEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed ... reasons for being proud of being his fan  EmbarrassedEmbarrassed is increasing  EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
MysticRiver IF-Addictz
MysticRiver
MysticRiver

Posted: 06 September 2011 at 2:03am | IP Logged

& dats really good to know  "khandelwal existing admist Khans" Embarrassed ... reasons for being proud of being his fan  EmbarrassedEmbarrassed is increasing  EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

absolutely right..his work is getting noticed, applauded  & praised ... isse achchi kya baat ho sakthi hai...yup reasons for Proud To Be A 'Rajeevian' is on a constant rise... EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Edited by Surya.Ravi - 06 September 2011 at 2:03am

Go to top