Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-purnima- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

'Soundtrack' puts Rajeev in depression

The film 'Soundtrack' has Rajeev Khandelwal in the most prolific character of his career till date. In the same film his character undergoes major changes. From being a struggler to being a larger than life musician and a depressed man, Rajeev has been done and done that. Rajeev says in the film when a successful DJ is hit by a sudden crisis in his life, he undergoes a major depression mode which is really difficult to come out of. He says the character's hallucination makes him see a joker around him all he time and the phase through which he is sown depressed were really challenging for him as an actor.

He further exclaimed that the moment the film was offered to him he knew that the journey apart from being challenging will also be equally edgy and difficult. According to Rajeev the film is all about an individual's fight against the internal demons and depression.

Surya.Ravi thumbnail

thanks for the pics puri..i'am waiting for the video now..πŸ˜‰
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Originally posted by: -purnima-

'Soundtrack' puts Rajeev in depression

The film 'Soundtrack' has Rajeev Khandelwal in the most prolific character of his career till date. In the same film his character undergoes major changes. From being a struggler to being a larger than life musician and a depressed man, Rajeev has been done and done that. Rajeev says in the film when a successful DJ is hit by a sudden crisis in his life, he undergoes a major depression mode which is really difficult to come out of. He says the character's hallucination makes him see a joker around him all he time and the phase through which he is sown depressed were really challenging for him as an actor.

He further exclaimed that the moment the film was offered to him he knew that the journey apart from being challenging will also be equally edgy and difficult. According to Rajeev the film is all about an individual's fight against the internal demons and depression.

nice article...i'am sure Rajeev must have given his best shot in the movie..& he will rock as usual & all his hard work will pay off with the amount of appreciation & accolades he gets for this movie..which i'am sure will be very, very high...& i'am extremely proud of him...
😳😳😳

-purnima- thumbnail

Soundtrack Is A Dream Come True: Neerav Ghosh

Ghosh started out early at the age of 23 years, when he shifted from Delhi to Bombay. However, Ghosh soon realized that making a full-length feature was a different ball game altogether. He spent the next few years learning the ropes of filmmaking and even earned a few credits in writing, editing and sound design. He also learnt the sad fact that some films never get made. "I signed up for three films but none of them even got to the production stage."

Pete Tong or Soundtrack: What Came First?

So how did Soundtrack happen? "I had this idea of a musician who goes deaf. I even wrote a first draft of the script." But then, Ghosh came across a Hollywood film, It's All Gone Pete Tong, which was based on a similar premise. He ended up adapting the foreign film for the Indian audience, which is now releasing as Soundtrack. Was getting the remake rights difficult? "Not at all," Ghosh says. "I just made a quick call to James Richardson (the producer of the Hollywood film) and he, equally quickly, agreed to part with the rights for a Bollywood remake of his film. Of course, the legal process took a lot of time." Ask him if he has any issues with the fact that his first film as a director is a remake, and he replies nonchalantly, "I had written an original story, a better version of which I found in It's All Gone Pete Tong. So what's wrong in making a better movie, especially when I'm doing it legally?

It's Rajeev Khandelwal's Film 😳😳

"It is Rajeev's Khandelwal's film all the way," Ghosh explains, "with Mrinalini Sharma playing the fun, hip and crazy girlfriend, and Soha Ali Khan essaying the role of the heartwarming, sweet and inspirational companion." Ghosh recalls how Soha had come on board without creating any fuss when his first choice for Soha's role in the film, Konkona Sen Sharma, opted out because of her pregnancy.

Sex, Drugs & Alcohol

But why make a film with so much sex and drugs, as is evident from the film's trailer? "That's the milieu my characters live in. In fact, Rajeev's rise in the film is, in a way, fuelled by alcohol, sex and drugs. Of course, he meets with disaster when he loses his sense of hearing. From here, the movie takes a more serious turn and ends on an inspirational note. Because it is a film about a DJ, the music had to be peppy and cool. Plus, my background as a member of a rock band forced me to push the envelope when it came to the score." Ghosh chose Midival Punditz and Karsh Kale as the music composers of the film because they are known for their unconventional music sense.

Level Of Emotion Is Zero

"My level of emotion is zero right now as all of it has been drained during the making. I am functioning at a purely cerebral level. But I am sure I will be very nervous as the release date (October 7) nearsπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ . After all, it's not just my labour of three years, it's my first movie… it's a dream come true!" πŸ‘πŸΌ

Surya.Ravi thumbnail

Soundtrack

Breaking News:- Rajeev Khandelwal to sing songs from Soundtrack LIVE today at 
1:30 pm today i.e. 29th September on Live India along with Ankur Tewari, Malini Awasthi and Anushka Manchanda. Tune in to Live India at 1:30 pm, catch ya there!!!!
P.S: Credit Goes To Soundtrack FB Page...

Edited by Surya.Ravi - 12 years ago
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Banao Banao (Short Promo)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyOZTJ3UE9c[/YOUTUBE]

What The F (Short Promo)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0m0UJ7PYbA[/YOUTUBE]

P.S: Credit Goes To Soundtrack FB Page...
-purnima- thumbnail
Rajeev Soha on Talking Cinema with Taran Adarsh

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_cT65DyMVc[/YOUTUBE]
waniya_fatima thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
my my my RT has become a master :P should i say master of making RK siggies heeheheheheheheh loved all of these buddy :)
-purnima- thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unC5nXERZoE[/YOUTUBE]

@fati-- thanku ☺️ πŸ˜† RT is *blushing *

πŸ˜†
waniya_fatima thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -purnima-

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unC5nXERZoE[/YOUTUBE]

@fati-- thanku ☺️ πŸ˜† RT is *blushing *