India-Forums

Chaand Chupa Badal Mein
Chaand Chupa Badal Mein

Fanfiction: Nivi Leaves (Page 5)

Scintillating IF-Dazzler
Scintillating
Scintillating

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
Hieee Priya!!! Hug How are you doing today, dear?? I do see yoo online posting in other threads and that's why wanted to ask you about that one-shot that you were writing. Smile  How's that coming along? Just curious. Considering the current track of the show and this week's episodes, I guess I am reaching out to highly talented folks like you to see if they have put something together about NivRen. Day Dreaming

anuragtani4ever Groupbie
anuragtani4ever
anuragtani4ever

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Excruciating

Originally posted by anuragtani4ever

LOL! LOL
After watching today's episode, I have a feeling that you're right about that. I've already started another fanfic that will take place during the Holi event at the Soods house, following what has already happened so far and what the precap for today is showing.
I just needed a bit of help from you guys though. I don't celebrate Holi because I'm Punjabi but I've also never drank bhang before either because I live in the USA. So I was wondering if you guys could tell me a bit about it. I've looked it up online and it appears that it can intoxicate people. However, I wanted to know if women can drink it.
Nice Priya!! Clap You have another one-shot in making!! Smile Looking forward to reading it, dear! To answer your question about 'bhang', there is no reason or rule as to why women cannot consume that drink. I personally never tried it but yes do know of women who have and yup your research is correct, it is intoxicating.

I live in the US as well, Dallas, TX to be exact. Where do you live, Priya? Smile

Hey Payal! I live in New York City so we're quite far apart from one another. And thank you for answering my question about the bhang.

Also, I did write out nearly half my fanfic (it's three pages long so far)...but unfortunately, I got stuck. because the characters became too out of character and the scenario suddenly became highly unlikely. I still have it if you want to take a look at it. If you like what you read so far, maybe I can continue. But it's getting harder and harder for me to continue because Nivi's current attitude is not making sense with anything so even my story is affected by that. *sigh*

Edited by anuragtani4ever - 15 March 2011 at 4:35pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ScintillatingSofna

anuragtani4ever Groupbie
anuragtani4ever
anuragtani4ever

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by milee1014

Dear girl you brought tears with this post. Its so beautiful I am really speechless. Thankyou dear for sharing this with us.
By the way I am Milee and I saw your name on the above post Priyal right? Nice to meet you dear, and hopefully we will chat sometime.

Thank you Milee for your kind words. And yes, I am Priya. Nice to meet you too, although we've already chatted a bit before while venting our frustrations out together. LOL
Scintillating IF-Dazzler
Scintillating
Scintillating

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anuragtani4ever

Hey Payal! I live in New York City so we're quite far apart from one another. And thank you for answering my question about the bhang.

Also, I did write out nearly half my fanfic (it's three pages long so far)...but unfortunately, I got stuck. because the characters became too out of character and the scenario suddenly became highly unlikely. I still have it if you want to take a look at it. If you like what you read so far, maybe I can continue. But it's getting harder and harder for me to continue because Nivi's current attitude is not making sense with anything so even my story is affected by that. *sigh*
Hey Priya!!! Yes, please I would love to read whatever that you have written. It would actually be my pleasure. And, honestly, since it is your work, your imagination, so what, if you end up deviating from the actual character's personality?? That's okay, right? I honestly think everyone would still love it. But promise to give an honest opinion of what I think. Please PM it to me or you can even post it here and see what kind of a response you get from everyone. Smile

Edited by Excruciating - 15 March 2011 at 6:54pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sofna

Rani2011 Senior Member
Rani2011
Rani2011

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 8:14pm | IP Logged
Very nicely written, Priya. You really r a talented writer, please do continue..
I hope the CTs absorb a little from these writings. I am so confused with the current CCBM track.
Thanks for writing this FF!
-Anjali.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Shayafan

anuragtani4ever Groupbie
anuragtani4ever
anuragtani4ever

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 9:05pm | IP Logged
Hey Priya!!! Yes, please I would love to read whatever that you have written. It would actually be my pleasure. And, honestly, since it is your work, your imagination, so what, if you end up deviating from the actual character's personality?? That's okay, right? I honestly think everyone would still love it. But promise to give an honest opinion of what I think. Please PM it to me or you can even post it here and see what kind of a response you get from everyone.

Wow, you're really sweet and supportive. I, on the other hand, am a bit of a perfectionist so no matter what, I'll still feel crummy over this fanfic of mine because I really don't feel satisfied at all with it. Nonetheless, I can post it here so you and everyone else can be the judge of it. It's quite long....

@Anjali, thank you for reading. You are not alone in being confused either. We all are, unfortunately.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ShayafanScintillating

anuragtani4ever Groupbie
anuragtani4ever
anuragtani4ever

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 9:06pm | IP Logged

There is something wrong. I just know it. Something about your face tells me that you had been crying secretly and had hurriedly rushed to wipe the tears away when Thaayi-ji called out to your back. But there's not even a trace of tear on your face and you're smiling slightly, making me wonder if my instincts were just lying to me.

"Nivi!" scolds Thaayi-ji. "What are you doing here alone? Everyone is out there having fun and you're the only one nowhere to be found."

You look a little nervous but you forcedly expand your smile a little and say, "I…I was just making sure all the preparations were complete. I didn't want to leave anything out by accident."

Thaayi-ji smiles fondly at you. "You work too hard, my dear. But you need to have some fun too at least. Everything has been done well already so you don't need to worry anymore. Just go out and enjoy your time with everyone."

You nod in assurance and Thaayi-ji smiles before leaving, unaware that once her back is turned, you drop your faade and there is nothing but sorrow on your face. I see this radical change from where I'm standing, merely several feet away from you unbeknownst to you, and I confirm my suspicions that something was indeed troubling you. However, if you couldn't confide in Thaayi-ji, what were the chances that you were going to confide in me?

It was then I decided that I was going to find out the root of your misery. Without another thought, I step forward, alerting you to my presence. Your eyes widen slightly and your face quickly undergoes a transformation yet again as you try to use a more befitting expression. But I won't be fooled by you, Niveditha. Clearing my throat slightly, I say, "So are you planning to spend Holi all by yourself or are you finally going to grace your presence to everyone outside?"

You shift your glance, avoiding my gaze, and say, "I…I'll be there in a moment. I just had some things I needed to do." With that, you turn around, ready to head towards the kitchen.

I roll my eyes. So this is how it's going to be, huh? Well, two can play at this game. I reach out and grab your wrist before you're about to take a step forward. You let loose a cry of surprise and turn around to face me again with eyes expressing bewilderment. Looking at this adorable expression on your face, my head is struck with a naughty thought of pulling you closer to me but I know that given my current track record, it would probably scare you away. So I merely stand there, holding onto you at a safe distance.

"Look, you've been preparing for this event all morning," I say in all seriousness. "Just take a break already. Everyone else is constantly asking about you and yet you're here hiding away. Can't you for once stop worrying about these trivial things and just spend time with the people who want to be with you? Why are you trying to make others worry about you unnecessarily?"

At my mini outburst, you look a little uneasy. An internal battle settles on your face as you try to magically procure an excuse from thin air. But I had trapped you and you probably knew it too. There was no way that you were going to go back to the kitchen when I had just induced you with enough guilt over your actions. It hurts me that I'm playing with your emotions once again but you leave me no other choice either. Today I have to resort to my dirty tricks because it is the only way I know how to get what I want. And what I want is nothing other than to know why you're so upset.

You finally sigh resignedly and gesture to me that you will follow me outside. I grin internally and gesture back that I will be the one following you outside. You don't argue and just walk on. When we're finally outside, there is a sea of gleeful faces upon your arrival. Grandfather beckons for you to come quickly and enjoy the festivities while Siddarth and Divya also motion for you excitedly.

"See how many people's hearts you were going to break today if you weren't going to celebrate with them?" I drawl beside you. You glance up at me with slight tears in your eyes, clearly happy that you are wanted. Too bad you don't know that more than anyone else present, I wanted you to be here the most. So I take a hold of your small hand and tug you forward. "C'mon, let's go drink some bhang."

"But, Viren, I---"

I cut you off. "Stop complaining, Niveditha. Do something adventurous in your life for once. And if anyone says anything about it, you can always say that I forced you to have some. Which is the truth anyways."

You look shocked and are starting to spew your barrage of protests but I ignore you and almost drag you to the table where the bhang was. There, I pour a glass for you and for myself, all the while never letting go of your hand. It's mostly to prevent you from running away but also because it gives me an excuse to continue holding onto your warmth. Once I've finished pouring our drinks, I hand you your glass. You hesitantly take it, clearly wondering whether you should escape or just give in to this obvious foolishness. I highly suspected that you were going to do the former but you surprised me when in a moment of determination, you drowned the entire contents of the glass into your mouth before placing the glass back on the table.

I raise an eyebrow in surprise and you look at me a little bashfully. "I, uh…..I've always wanted to know how bhang tasted like," you confess, averting your gaze. Some color in my cheeks rise a little seeing this really cute side of you and I also look away for a moment, hoping to cool myself a little. When I return my gaze to you, I am smirking playfully. "Oh?" I say. "Then what was the need for you to hide away in the house when you could be enjoying this wonderful bhang?"

"Because," you say, looking right back at me. "It isn't right of me to be drinking this."

"Tch," I say whilst sighing. "You always miss out on the fun stuff because of your own self-enforced rules of propriety. But don't worry. I have a tonic for you that could immediately negate the effects of the bhang so you can drink to your heart's content."

"Really?" you ask suspiciously. Not really, I think to myself, but you would never know about it, especially since I'm giving you the most sincere look in the world. Instead of voicing that out, I just nod. Meanwhile, you continue to hesitate but after a while, you finally decide that you'll have some more. Raising your glass, I delightfully refill it and then watch you drink it as I sip my own.

After a few drinks later, I can tell that you're fully intoxicated. Your eyes have this wild, sort of uninhibited look to them and you can't seem to find your own balance. Meanwhile, the others are starting to see your sudden odd behavior so I hasten to whisk us out of their sights. I tell them that you accidentally drank bhang because of me so now you feel sick because you can't stomach it. The lie is a bit farfetched but it seemed to have been bought, even by Taayi-ji who always seems to know when I'm being mischievous.

Nonetheless, I grab you by your waist and ignoring the fluttering butterflies in my stomach when you lean into my neck, your hot breath fanning it, I help you walk to our room before gently placing you on the bed. While you sprawl yourself over it and giggle randomly at who knows what, I lock our bedroom door and then walk over to you.

At this moment in time, I wish I hadn't let you drink the bhang. You're lying on the bed in a pose that your normal respective self would not have been in and when I stand closer to you, you reach up for a moment to tug me by my hand and pull me down with you. I crash onto your body and my eyes widen in shock as you snake your arms around my neck, hugging me so dangerously close to you. All of a sudden, my breathing is constrained by our proximity and it's taking all of my self-control to not completely melt into your embrace.

So I do the one thing I can do to quickly get out of this situation before I lose my cool. I try to pull out of your arms by untangling their hold over me. It is, however, to of no avail. As surprising as it is, your embrace is too strong. My only other option is to talk you into releasing me.

Gently moving my face closer to your ear, I whisper, "Niveditha, please let me go. This isn't right." Especially since I am not worthy of even being in your embrace.

You don't say anything in response. Instead, you continue to lean against me, making me wonder whether you just fell asleep on me or not. But a moment later, you do speak. In a quiet voice, you say, "You're right. This isn't the right thing to do. Especially when we have no relation to one another except by name."

With just that, you suddenly let go of me. Confused and a little hurt by this, I also move off of you until I'm sitting beside you on the bed. As I do so, the warmth that your body had transferred to my own was quickly dissipating into the air around us. It made me shiver in longing for you. But you don't notice this. You just sit there with a frown on your face, making me unsure of what to do. So in silence we sit there.

After a while, you speak again, your words instilling shock within me. "I'm leaving this house," you announce quietly, looking down at the bed. "I've decided to go back home and never come back here again."

"But…but why?" I ask, my voice cracking slightly.

You look up at me. "Because there's no love between us," you say simply.

Hearing that, my heart starts to shatter. I already knew that you didn't love me after what I had done to you but hearing it from your mouth just made it seem more real and more painful than it already was. Nonetheless, this did not stop me from harboring hope because you were the one who taught me how to hope, love, and persevere. The old me would've let you act on your decision now but the new me will do anything to make the impossible (stealing your heart, that is) possible. All I had to do was be persistent like you, right?

With this in mind, I bravely venture to ask, "Then what about your promise to your dad that you will make this marriage work? Are you going to break that promise and run away from it?"

It's a bit taunting and I know it, but I want to use every means to keep you with me. You, on the other hand, look a little startled. Could it be, perhaps, that you thought I had forgotten your words? As if I ever could. But I don't voice these thoughts. I merely raise an eyebrow at you, waiting for you response.

You just purse your lips and it's clear that you're wondering what to say. Seeing you at such a loss for words, I sigh. "Look," I say. "I know I've hurt you so much in the past and you don't deserve to even be with me. In fact, you have every right to leave me. But I want to ask you something. Despite everything that I had done to you, you silently forgave me and even stuck by me to help me out. You defended me and never left my side no matter what. So if you can do all that, can't you even give me a chance to be a better husband to you? Can't I have the opportunity to redeem myself to you? Can't I return the happiness I snatched away from you?"

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

manjusha_92ShayafanScintillatingSofna

anuragtani4ever Groupbie
anuragtani4ever
anuragtani4ever

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 9:12pm | IP Logged

Fanfic Ending Note: If you guys are able to make it to the end of that long post of my latest fanfic, I congratulate you for being able sit through such a boring piece. LOL

Now you might have noticed that it is incomplete. The reasons for that are posted in a few posts above it. The bottom line is that I'm not satisfied with this fic and I have actually hit a writer's block in it because to be honest, I find no reason for Nivi to ask for separation. So I don't know how she will respond nor can I find any response for her.

So yeah, hopefully you guys can help me fill in the rest so that it doesn't remain incomplete because that would bother me as well. In any case, I hope to never do this again (writing incomplete fics, that is) so I hope you guys can forgive me.

Last but not least, this didn't follow the events of what already happened during Holi at the Soods. And I suppose Niveditha would never drink the bhang no matter what. So this fanfic is a little way too different. It probably stemmed from my desire to see what a drunk Nivi with a sobre Viren would do. And it somehow failed....ugh...Cry

Edited by anuragtani4ever - 15 March 2011 at 9:15pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ShayafanScintillatingSofna

Go to top