Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Sushant's interview (Page 3)

Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rakhiii89

Originally posted by sushi_anki

"Someone told me that the show was about a non-dancer making it to the victory post. If that was the case then what was I doing on the show?" he asks.

my point exactly. while ppl go justifying Changs victory saying he worked hard, his improvement graph was impressive etc etc and how sushant is over-rated....why have him in the show...oh wait a minute...T-R-PS?? seriously reality shows and their cheap tactics!

hmmm...so sushant didn't know how the show worked? i highly doubt it. who signs a contract with a channel for a show without knowing about the show and how it works? he got into this knowing full well how the show operated. and it's not like he got to know about this today. JDJ has been saying their motto over and over again ever since the first promos of the show. it's been saying about turning a non-dancer into a dancer for a while now. i wonder why he never brought it up then?Confused i agree with sushant though. he should've never been in the show. highly unfair for the contestants who worked their butts off to learn how to dance and compete with people who were already a step ahead. he should try shows where its ok to be trained. all the best sushant!Thumbs Up

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 11:09am | IP Logged
you know i loved their reactions (sushant and anki's ) after the winner was announced ,
both of them had a smile .. anki went and hugged chang and then sushant ,.. i feel though they were disappointed , they sorta "moved on" that day itself ..
And going by their recent sbb/sbs segment , they are back to their childish games  ...
and going by the holi promo , they are back to dancing with each other , lost in their world , not caring a fig about what others might think about this "PDA"
I think Sushant knows how to be happy , and not let negative vibes affect him for too long..

And gosh , i just love this guy .. he has not made one negative jibe , sarcastic remark , or snide comment against anyone associated with the show - either directly or indirectly ..

Sometimes it requires more strength to remain silent than to speak .

And he has gained so much from this show .. and the jhalak stage is always going to be special to him .. be it for all the amazing performances with shampa , for all the praises he received from judges ( especially MD ..) and for the marriage proposal to ankita ..

And now that he has some free time with him , i wish he finishes his short films which has been stuck for quite some time , and pursues screenplays till PR gets over ... and then move towards his dream of film making ..

Edited by lunza - 12 March 2011 at 11:10am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

dhahisanaa_sCuteCherry..Sonii..pigbelly4myfeetRiddikulus.shona.PiyatrixsafeplacetolandAreYaar

rakhiii89 Groupbie
rakhiii89
rakhiii89

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 11:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rapier

"Someone told me that the show was about a non-dancer making it to the victory post. If that was the case then what was I doing on the show?" he asks.

my point exactly. while ppl go justifying Changs victory saying he worked hard, his improvement graph was impressive etc etc and how sushant is over-rated....why have him in the show...oh wait a minute...T-R-PS?? seriously reality shows and their cheap tactics!

hmmm...so sushant didn't know how the show worked? i highly doubt it. who signs a contract with a channel for a show without knowing about the show and how it works? he got into this knowing full well how the show operated. and it's not like he got to know about this today. JDJ has been saying their motto over and over again ever since the first promos of the show. it's been saying about turning a non-dancer into a dancer for a while now. i wonder why he never brought it up then?Confused i agree with sushant though. he should've never been in the show. highly unfair for the contestants who worked their butts off to learn how to dance and compete with people who were already a step ahead. he should try shows where its ok to be trained. all the best sushant!Thumbs Up

so how does the show work? make a non-dancer a winner because he had improved immensely rather than a trained dancer who is better them him in all the ways. or pre-decide the winners? i highly doubt while signing a contract they lay down 'these' details and details of how it will create high points and low points in the show, and most importantly how they will create winners. format of the show is , dancing with the celebrities, irrespective of them being trained and untrained and thats what the contestants are informed about. well yep it even i agree sushant should not have been in the show, while all the ppl worked their butts out and utilizing the whole time given to them, obviously a certain person was not shuttling between a 12 hr shoot Smile oh yah he should try shows where its is ok to be trained, atleast the winners are not decided in advance their! thanks for u wishes...for a change Smile!

Edited by rakhiii89 - 12 March 2011 at 12:14pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

dhahiCuteCherrystefanandre..Sonii..TiyaliPiyatrixAreYaar

.shona. IF-Sizzlerz
.shona.
.shona.

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
I truly respect sushant for not making a huge deal out of the "W*F" tactics of sony. Love you sushant, you're still the real winner in a lot of people's eyes & we all r glad to see what a versatile dance you are. God Bless.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

swtbaby

Tiyali IF-Rockerz

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

dhahilunzaPiyatrixAreYaar

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 1:21pm | IP Logged

Completely disagree.

The show NEVER claimed ever since its first episode that its aim was to make a dancer out of a non-dancer- they always focus on the celeb part and never say 'these are all non-dancers'. Even Remo spoke about the show on JDJ blog when it was launched, he said--- SOME of them have never danced in their life. Means he knew about the others. Heck, he has even SEEN Sushant performing as a guest performer on DID with Shakti Mohan.  Remember all the past debates on the forum that the show was 'dancing with the stars'??? If you look into the format, (the india-forums description for example)  it always says, that JDJ brings people from all walks of life to compete. In the background, yes, the format may be to eventually make a dancer out of a non-dancer, but, JDJ has never properly CLAIMED it ANY SEASON. Proof??? ----  In the past too, JDJ has had some trained contestansts in ever season--- Sudha Chandran, Parul Chauhan, Sweta Salve. 

If the format of the show was to make a dancer out of  a non-dancer as everyone claims, then why was Sushant APPROACHED for the show in the first place--- the guy has always been clear since his very first interview that he is trained under Shiamak Daver and even talked about it on National TV once (Star Plus). Not only this, he spoke about his training in his very first AV on JDJ. Then why was he still in the show? The fault here is not his, but rather the channel's- who offered him the show and signed him inspite of knowing everything- he didn't go to them, they came to him to sign him. They gave him a good offer, offered him good money, and so he took it up like a normal person. The point that 'he should not have taken up the show' doesn't hold water here. When the show makers themselves considered him eligible and came to him, why would he refuse????

If you look at 'dancing with the stars' - the international version ALSO had a dancer--- a former member of 'Pussycats' who not only participated in the show, but also WON it--- so there, the show is exactly what it is--- dancing with the STARS. 

The main reason why I feel JDJ takes some good dancers in the show is to have some 'guaranteed' good dancing in the initial few weeks, when the non-dancers are trying to find their feet in dancing, else no one will watch the show. These 'the show is for non-dancer' claims start in the end few weeks of the show. ALWAYS. This was most apparent in season 1 and now in season 4.

Edited by nikitagmc - 12 March 2011 at 1:29pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

dhahi..Sonii..lunzaPiyatrixAreYaar

ByteMe Senior Member
ByteMe
ByteMe

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 4:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikitagmc

The main reason why I feel JDJ takes some good dancers in the show is to have some 'guaranteed' good dancing in the initial few weeks, when the non-dancers are trying to find their feet in dancing, else no one will watch the show. These 'the show is for non-dancer' claims start in the end few weeks of the show. ALWAYS. This was most apparent in season 1 and now in season 4.

So true, we the Audience are not here to sit and watch your progression.. Remind me agian, is JDJ an entertainment show or a dance class? Confused 

And do we have nothing better to do than watch some guy turn from non dancer to dancer... Bah... 

Who cares if you improved or not, I think regardless the trophy should go to the best and most entertaining dancer.... cough *sushant* cough...

dhahi

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 21 March 2011 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Sigh... we got only one proper interview of Sushant about JDJ... why not more...??? :-(

Riddikulus

Go to top