Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: prernade

In all the latest technology phones you don't need to switch off the phone in flight ..you have to simply turn it into flight mode wherein the 3G connectivity of the sim is switched off and you have a multimedia device in your hand , which you can use to listen to your collection of songs or see movies or even read books or use the camera to photograph or take videos which was apparently what the man was doing.. ..Considering that the man was traveling first class, it is easy to assume that he definitely was in possession of such a phone.
Using the 3G connectivity in a phone while is preparing for take off is very dangerous and illegal , against the laws . Since this is an international law taking the safety of the flight into consideration and the man says that he is aware of 2 flights which crashed due to the use of mobiles while take-off and landing ( this might or might not be true..but the law has been made because definitely the mobile interference with the flight transmission is dangerous to  the flight ), it is natural to assume he panicked.
Priyanka might be a star but definitely hurling abuses at a 60 year old man is not done . Also interfering with the law and general safety of fellow passengers is also not done. Since Leander Paes has confirmed that the problem that the man had was with Priyanka's use of the mobile to TALK while in flight..I can only conclude that Priyanka is at fault here.
I hope I cleared your ignorance about the possible usage of a mobile phone in the flight.

LOL..πŸ˜†πŸ˜† thanks.. i guess.. anyhow.. just as you assumed he's rich and therefore owns a 3G phone.. i assumed he's desi.. is abt 60.. so he wouldn't know how to use a 3G phone  let alone know how to turn off the 3G connectivity.. and mind you him being a doctor doesn't necessarily means he's tech savvy..

the guy's story sounds a bit too much for me to digest.. frm him mentioning the chartered flight.. to visiting DK (what was the need to mention this).. to getting her deported frm Dubaai because he's 'buddies' with the Sheikh.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Leander Peas also confirmed the guy seemed drunk.. his behavior was 'cheap'.. just because she's a celebrity.. it doesn't give him a free pass to pass remarks like
"i know you bollywood starlet types"..  she's a woman.. and the fact that he's older.. sensible & educated.. he should know how to talk to a woman..

Edited by Meena1 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by: koolchick

I don't know if this man was legitimate with his concern or if he's trying to get his 15 minutes of fame

I do know that I like him since he's got PC so riled upπŸ˜†

And phones these days have an "Airplane Mode" option so that a person doesn't need to shut them off. Functions such as phoning and texting are shut off while other features could still be used so maybe the man was using it but not for communication purposes

with you on that..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
.shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
PC always has something to whine about.
Just switch ur cell off on time. Jeez.
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Meena1

LOL..πŸ˜†πŸ˜† thanks.. i guess.. anyhow.. just as you assumed he's rich and therefore owns a 3G phone.. i assumed he's desi.. is abt 60.. so he wouldn't know how to use a 3G phone  let alone know how to turn off the 3G connectivity.. and mind you him being a doctor doesn't necessarily means he's tech savvy..

the guy's story sounds a bit too much for me to digest.. frm him mentioning the chartered flight.. to visiting DK (what was the need to mention this).. to getting her deported frm Dubaai because he's 'buddies' with the Sheikh.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Leander Peas also confirmed the guy seemed drunk.. his behavior was 'cheap'.. just because she's a celebrity.. it doesn't give him a free pass to pass remarks like
"i know you bollywood starlet types"..  she's a woman.. and the fact that he's older.. sensible & educated.. he should know how to talk to a woman..

OMG Meena are you defending PC? πŸ˜²πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I may not like PC, but the dude's story sounds TOO far-fetched. I cant imagine her saying, "Who cares about that old man" when Dilip Kumar is mentioned. And why in the world did he even bring Dilip Kumar in anyway?
I think both might have tweeked their stories, but this dude's story seems a bit too doozy for me to buy.

THough I do think she's at fault for using her phone. That is annoying!
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Meena1

no no the British one said that..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..the Indian one said.. teri aaukat kya hai bhuddhaay... tu jaanta nahi main kaun hoon.. πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜†

πŸ˜†Good one Meena

And about this well both are at fault. But wait aren't you not supposed to have your mobile on when you are on the aeroplaneπŸ˜•
Guys its just not annoying to use a cell phone its fricking dangerous.

One of my fav series in tv is Air Crash investigation and have seen every episode of the last 5 series.

2 air crashes in recent history have happened due to mobile being operational. The mobile signal interferes with the communication signals of the pilot and also a number of systems.

In one of the air crashes it interfered with the attitude reader so the pilots were reading wrong attitude information which led to the crash.

Its as dangerous as drunk driving and remember you are just not putting yourself at risk but the lives of over 250 passengers at risk.

So my opinion PC has acted like a prat and needs a tight slap.
Edited by Gobsmacked - 13 years ago
Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

BOTH ARE AT FAULT.

That guy is on drink?? lol

PC should know to avoid phone calls while flying!!! seriously

Micky_elle thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I dont beleive that the crew allowed her to use the phone just because she was a star! Firstly, most of the crew on Emirates is not Indian, many of them are diffrent nationalities, so how would they be in awe of her unless they really know who she is? Emirates crew are known to be professional, and they would have a chance of losing their jobs . if they did that!
Originally posted by: Micky_elle

I dont beleive that the crew allowed her to use the phone just because she was a star! Firstly, most of the crew on Emirates is not Indian, many of them are diffrent nationalities, so how would they be in awe of her unless they really know who she is? Emirates crew are known to be professional, and they would have a chance of losing their jobs . if they did that!

I travel very often on Emirates and most of the crew on Indian bound flights are Indian.