spare a thought... (Page 5)

sudss Goldie
sudss
sudss

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 1:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by groucho

Originally posted by sudss

The resilience and the dignity that the Japanese people face life with ongoing earthquakes is amazing..............but this one was way beyond their expectations............I pray for all those who have lost their lives and for those who are left behind to face this utter devastation..

I am in deep awe of this country and its brave people and am privileged to work with them.

so true, aditi...  in spite of being one of the unluckiest lot they are still one of the most developed countries in the world...  they manage to heal their nation scarred by the volcanoes and earth quakes time and again with sheer determination n will power. japan is the only nation who know the dire consequences of an atomic explosion... and not just once, twice...  and they rose from the ashes, like a phoenix...  and now seems like all the elements are hell bent on taking out its fury for all the misdeeds of the world on this unfortunate nation...  and still, am sure, they'll come back... as they always did...  losses are unaccountable... an yet their never dying will, will take them forward...  and may they find a lil less pressurized, knowing the whole world is with them in their efforts...  in any which way we can...

aditi, did u get in touch with ur friends?  are they safe?  just worried about how they are doing...  btw, where do you work, if i can ask tht...  its ok if u cant say Smile 

Sudss - Thank you so much for asking...........they are fine............still coming to terms with the enormity of their loss.................I speak for my friends and colleagues..........I cannot say at this point about their extended families as the search and rescue is still on..............but I am in touch as I write this..........so am constantly updated. Much appreciated your concernSmile
I work from India  with Japan as my primary area of Operations followed by UK and Italy..............and I review foreign films on the side which I have been doing for over 25 years.........

so happy to know they are safe...  and hoping for the least of losses to their families and all our fellow human beings out there....  the news is now airing an alarm - of a risk of radiation...  hope it doesnt get worse...
and nice to know what you work on... i guess i need to get in touch with you..... to shortlist some good movies to watch... but in no mood for entertainment now... may be later on... but am gonna bug u, for sure

groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 2:57am | IP Logged

The resilience and the dignity that the Japanese people face life with ongoing earthquakes is amazing..............but this one was way beyond their expectations............I pray for all those who have lost their lives and for those who are left behind to face this utter devastation..

I am in deep awe of this country and its brave people and am privileged to work with them.

so true, aditi...  in spite of being one of the unluckiest lot they are still one of the most developed countries in the world...  they manage to heal their nation scarred by the volcanoes and earth quakes time and again with sheer determination n will power. japan is the only nation who know the dire consequences of an atomic explosion... and not just once, twice...  and they rose from the ashes, like a phoenix...  and now seems like all the elements are hell bent on taking out its fury for all the misdeeds of the world on this unfortunate nation...  and still, am sure, they'll come back... as they always did...  losses are unaccountable... an yet their never dying will, will take them forward...  and may they find a lil less pressurized, knowing the whole world is with them in their efforts...  in any which way we can...

aditi, did u get in touch with ur friends?  are they safe?  just worried about how they are doing...  btw, where do you work, if i can ask tht...  its ok if u cant say Smile 

Sudss - Thank you so much for asking...........they are fine............still coming to terms with the enormity of their loss.................I speak for my friends and colleagues..........I cannot say at this point about their extended families as the search and rescue is still on..............but I am in touch as I write this..........so am constantly updated. Much appreciated your concernSmile
I work from India  with Japan as my primary area of Operations followed by UK and Italy..............and I review foreign films on the side which I have been doing for over 25 years.........

so happy to know they are safe...  and hoping for the least of losses to their families and all our fellow human beings out there....  the news is now airing an alarm - of a risk of radiation...  hope it doesnt get worse...
and nice to know what you work on... i guess i need to get in touch with you..... to shortlist some good movies to watch... but in no mood for entertainment now... may be later on... but am gonna bug u, for sure

Always happy to help..............movies are very subjective but do give me an idea of the genre you like to watch............and the language..........that is English /any European or some Asian films. Please do not ask me about Bollywood films..........though I watch selectively not too good a guide.SmileSmile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sudsspjyo

sudss Goldie
sudss
sudss

Posted: 15 March 2011 at 8:27am | IP Logged
thanks aditim hope i dont bother u too much with tht Smile  shall mail u soon... 
ammoos IF-Sizzlerz
ammoos
ammoos

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 4:13pm | IP Logged
OMG someone told me yesterday that Mar 19th is a big day when moon is closest to the earth and it will casue huge disasters Shocked Earthquakes, floods, wind, fire and what notWacko I googled and I have lost my sleep and peaceOuch the greatest part to read was that S California may see quakes as big as 8-9. shivers of fear is running inside me up and down and cant even sit somewhere.. Gosh is the wrold really coming to an end by 2012Dead

sudssdivmath

divmath Goldie
divmath
divmath

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 6:37pm | IP Logged
Dont worry Uma...its just an astrologers prediction, scientists say nothing of that sort will happen....however I am quite skeptical myself....after the tragedy in Japan....Confused 

One thing which most of the people and my friends here are doing is keeping a disaster kit ready and handy.......I am gonna do it too...better to be prepared.....considering we are in earthquake prone area....I am not scaring you...but I guess it doesn't hurt to keep a bag aside with essentials...in case we have to run...it might sound stupid...but makes sense to me...

We had a Tornado today in bay area, trees fell, roofs flew....raining like cats and dogs...a super storm is expected over the weekend....Shocked

God save the world...
ammoos IF-Sizzlerz
ammoos
ammoos

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
Its not astrology prediction. its scientific one.. thats why am more worried.. Confused
sudss Goldie
sudss
sudss

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 3:30am | IP Logged
oh dear!!  dont let these eat u up... what ever will be, shall be..  so no point worrying about all tht... live one day at a time...

and about the supermoon worries... the way out is simple....  believe in one... either astrological or scientific...

if its astrological.. ppl all over the world are conducting special prayers  to avert the disaster...  basically, this theory was brought forward by astrologer richard noel...  and in astrology, for anythign, theres a way out... and the whole world is doing it...  if satanic powers exist and intends to harm, god will save Smile

if its scientific... i havent read any detailed report by any reliable source... heard one scientist had come out with something of the sort n later corrected he was misquoted. but shall surely read more of it n get back to u....  as of now, trust the highest athority, nasa - when it comes to astrophysics...  they say theres nothing of the sort goign to happpen

read this....  might help u relax

Are there any adverse effects on Earth because of the close proximity of the moon?

The effects on Earth from a supermoon are minor, and according to the most detailed studies by terrestrial seismologists and volcanologists, the combination of the moon being at its closest to Earth in its orbit, and being in its 'full moon' configuration (relative to the Earth and sun), should not affect the internal energy balance of the Earth since there are lunar tides every day. The Earth has stored a tremendous amount of internal energy within its thin outer shell or crust, and the small differences in the tidal forces exerted by the moon (and sun) are not enough to fundamentally overcome the much larger forces within the planet due to convection (and other aspects of the internal energy balance that drives plate tectonics). Nonetheless, these supermoon times remind us of the effect of our 'Africa-sized' nearest neighbor on our lives, affecting ocean tides and contributing to many cultural aspects of our lives (as a visible aspect of how our planet is part of the solar system and space).

Posted by: Soderman/NLSI Staff
Source: http://www.nasa.gov/topics/moonmars/features/supermoon.html

peace on earth... may we have the strength to be good to mother nature...  lets not hurt her anymore...

Edited by sudss - 19 March 2011 at 3:48am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

divmathpjyoghotalaz

pjyo IF-Dazzler
pjyo
pjyo

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 3:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by divmath

Dont worry Uma...its just an astrologers prediction, scientists say nothing of that sort will happen....however I am quite skeptical myself....after the tragedy in Japan....Confused 

One thing which most of the people and my friends here are doing is keeping a disaster kit ready and handy.......I am gonna do it too...better to be prepared.....considering we are in earthquake prone area....I am not scaring you...but I guess it doesn't hurt to keep a bag aside with essentials...in case we have to run...it might sound stupid...but makes sense to me...

We had a Tornado today in bay area, trees fell, roofs flew....raining like cats and dogs...a super storm is expected over the weekend....Shocked

God save the world...
OMG tornado and superstormShockedShocked stay safe divi...
About the supermoon its more astrologer richard nolles predictions .. i saw a discussion on TV and scientists didn't give much importance to it with data on many supermoons where nothing happened and said there is nothing to worry about,just get your telescope and enjoy the view..

sudssdivmath

Go to top