India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

spare a thought... (Page 4)

ghotalaz IF-Dazzler
ghotalaz
ghotalaz

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
japan has faced such kind of disasters in the past many times but each time they've recovered...  i really salute them for the stand they take each time. really hats off!Thumbs Up

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sudsspjyoammoos

ammoos IF-Sizzlerz
ammoos
ammoos

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 5:10pm | IP Logged
True.. Japan has always risen from all the disasters and the people their must be strong but yes, the loss they suffered is non replacable. Hope they will have the courage to survive..

Regarding the 2012. IT will not be the end of the world but sure will see some major changes in the planet earth. The human kind has done so much that their emd will not be THIS sudden. We are eyt to suffer more for whatever we are doing to mother earth. We have to repay every penny we owed her.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sudssghotalaz

sudss Goldie
sudss
sudss

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pjyo

At times like this just a silent prayer..........................................

you ar ryt jyo... thts all we can do now...lets hope... may the best happen... just a silent prayer - in tribute to those thousands...
sudss Goldie
sudss
sudss

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by radt

Originally posted by sudss

rads... i have no idea about the place u mentioned... wish i could help... lets hope they are asfe... u dont have any contact details of those students? 

I chatted with both of them today!Dancing
They are safe!Embarrassed
God bless them!
But they were definitely sad....Ouch
But it has not affected their area!
it has worse effects in North and east!
Ouch

thats such a relief to hear...  its sad when you have ppl u know right amidst all these and you have no contacts with them... but thank god, ur friends are safe...  really happy that you could get in touch with them
sudss Goldie
sudss
sudss

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by groucho

The resilience and the dignity that the Japanese people face life with ongoing earthquakes is amazing..............but this one was way beyond their expectations............I pray for all those who have lost their lives and for those who are left behind to face this utter devastation..

I am in deep awe of this country and its brave people and am privileged to work with them.

so true, aditi...  in spite of being one of the unluckiest lot they are still one of the most developed countries in the world...  they manage to heal their nation scarred by the volcanoes and earth quakes time and again with sheer determination n will power. japan is the only nation who know the dire consequences of an atomic explosion... and not just once, twice...  and they rose from the ashes, like a phoenix...  and now seems like all the elements are hell bent on taking out its fury for all the misdeeds of the world on this unfortunate nation...  and still, am sure, they'll come back... as they always did...  losses are unaccountable... an yet their never dying will, will take them forward...  and may they find a lil less pressurized, knowing the whole world is with them in their efforts...  in any which way we can...

aditi, did u get in touch with ur friends?  are they safe?  just worried about how they are doing...  btw, where do you work, if i can ask tht...  its ok if u cant say Smile 
groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:59pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by groucho

The resilience and the dignity that the Japanese people face life with ongoing earthquakes is amazing..............but this one was way beyond their expectations............I pray for all those who have lost their lives and for those who are left behind to face this utter devastation..

I am in deep awe of this country and its brave people and am privileged to work with them.

so true, aditi...  in spite of being one of the unluckiest lot they are still one of the most developed countries in the world...  they manage to heal their nation scarred by the volcanoes and earth quakes time and again with sheer determination n will power. japan is the only nation who know the dire consequences of an atomic explosion... and not just once, twice...  and they rose from the ashes, like a phoenix...  and now seems like all the elements are hell bent on taking out its fury for all the misdeeds of the world on this unfortunate nation...  and still, am sure, they'll come back... as they always did...  losses are unaccountable... an yet their never dying will, will take them forward...  and may they find a lil less pressurized, knowing the whole world is with them in their efforts...  in any which way we can...

aditi, did u get in touch with ur friends?  are they safe?  just worried about how they are doing...  btw, where do you work, if i can ask tht...  its ok if u cant say Smile 

Sudss - Thank you so much for asking...........they are fine............still coming to terms with the enormity of their loss.................I speak for my friends and colleagues..........I cannot say at this point about their extended families as the search and rescue is still on..............but I am in touch as I write this..........so am constantly updated. Much appreciated your concernSmile
I work from India  with Japan as my primary area of Operations followed by UK and Italy..............and I review foreign films on the side which I have been doing for over 25 years.........

sudsspjyo

sudss Goldie
sudss
sudss

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vik rocks

japan has faced such kind of disasters in the past many times but each time they've recovered...  i really salute them for the stand they take each time. really hats off!Thumbs Up

if it wasnt for the undying spirit of the japanese, a recovery from such a loss would have been impossible...  just imagine if it had hit any of the developing nations... will any of us be spared??  i am not sure...  we are busy with our political rivalry and grudges...  we dont get enough time time to settle tht so as to concentrate on building the nation...  theres lots we need to learn from them...  just go through the messages posted in this regard on twitter... every one is so confident japan will rise again...  but if it had been india, how prepared are we??

losses are not just limited to the lives lost...  things tht may sound trivial are of great importance too, dont u feel??  the visuals flashed on tv are heart wrenching... a couple in tight embrace on their roof... as they float by the uncertain currents...  a mom retelling her encounter - all she knows is tht she survived, she doesn't know anything about her kid who was washed away with her.....  losses aint just about life....  loosing ur loved ones is perhaps a graver tragedy...  and not knowing their whereabouts is a more disturbing one....

forget life...  even materialistic things... we find it too odd to talk about such things on the face of such a scary disaster... but if we put ourselves in their place...  can u live a day without cloths to change?  a day without ur life saving medicines... without room heaters or coolers or even fans??  without warm towels to dry urself up?? without food or clean water?  without certificates which are your life's most values achievements??  without your bank and insurance records??  silly things when compared to the lives lost... but can we imagine ourselves without any of these?  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pjyo

groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 14 March 2011 at 11:12pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by vik rocks

if it wasnt for the undying spirit of the japanese, a recovery from such a loss would have been impossible...  just imagine if it had hit any of the developing nations... will any of us be spared??  i am not sure...  we are busy with our political rivalry and grudges...  we dont get enough time time to settle tht so as to concentrate on building the nation...  theres lots we need to learn from them...  just go through the messages posted in this regard on twitter... every one is so confident japan will rise again...  but if it had been india, how prepared are we??

losses are not just limited to the lives lost...  things tht may sound trivial are of great importance too, dont u feel??  the visuals flashed on tv are heart wrenching... a couple in tight embrace on their roof... as they float by the uncertain currents...  a mom retelling her encounter - all she knows is tht she survived, she doesn't know anything about her kid who was washed away with her.....  losses aint just about life....  loosing ur loved ones is perhaps a graver tragedy...  and not knowing their whereabouts is a more disturbing one....

forget life...  even materialistic things... we find it too odd to talk about such things on the face of such a scary disaster... but if we put ourselves in their place...  can u live a day without cloths to change?  a day without ur life saving medicines... without room heaters or coolers or even fans??  without warm towels to dry urself up?? without food or clean water?  without certificates which are your life's most values achievements??  without your bank and insurance records??  silly things when compared to the lives lost... but can we imagine ourselves without any of these?  

And would most people wait in a queue without breaking it knowing that the supplies may not last till their turn...........or wait at a light in the midst of aftershocks till it turned green to cross the road............or stack up goods lying on the road in front of the shop instead of resorting to looting. They are just incredible as you have mentioned so many of what others may not be able to survive without is something they do not think twice about in times like this.

sudsspjyo

Go to top