Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

Mistis thought 11th march 2011 (Page 6)

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 11:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by why3

Originally posted by misti73

Dev explained his reasoning regarding keeping silent in front of Viraath.  He also thinks of Maheswari as a good person because she takes care of his Dadaji and is now tolerant of him and even sides with him once in a while.  He doesn't know that she is using him.  My problem is more with how they introduced him. In chunnu munnu's world, innocence and goodness goes hand in hand with dumbness.  They dumbed down Radhika in CB1 at some points to the extent that she appeared cold and selfish.  They did it to Abhay and totally butchered Dev's character in the process.  My problem is that they can do it again.  I remember that they showed Abhay having an angry reaction to Katyani at one point in PB, but in the next episode they showed him a puppet of her where he was asking for forgiveness
.  I don't want it to happen in CB1.  He should gradually realize that Maheswari is not a good person and there should not be a regression on that.  There should neither be a forgiveness by calling it Kanha's will as she tried to kill someone and has made that person's life miserable for more than 12 years.

Yes....DJs and channel do think that innocence and dumbness are equal to each other.....when it is not. Thats the reason why I protested during the Goa honeymoon.....Radhika was innocent in CB1, not dumb because I realised that they make her artificially dumb to bring in twists to give more prominance to Vishaka and amma in CB1. Here if Dev is working and taking care of the muth and its activities then he cannot be dumb...so inspite of this fact if they show him as dumb then again it will be ridiculous. I know what you mean how they introduced him... Artificially dumbing Dev down will turn off the audience.......the PH and channel should realise that dumbing down  Abhay turned many off CB1. If they do it again why will the audience have any patience to watch the same thing again. At this point I am accepting that because of what amma has told him he accepts that the badi bahu is good but the questions should start coming........again the badi bahu being all powerful does not make any sense.......they should show that people were disgruntelled with her but were scared to voice their opinion.......and slowly let Dev listen to all that..........first he won't believe it but slowly start introducing the questions. 

But for now they need to show doubts of Padma and Amma even if it is in privacy of their own room.  Since they were not shown to be close to each other, they don't have to confide in each other.  But it should be shown.  I have a feeling that when Radhika starts having doubts about Maheswari, Amma would be the first one to believe her.  So there should be a reason for that trust in Radhika in Amma. Padma for now also should doubts but can keep silent because her son is being treated like a prince.

Yes regarding amma and Padma.........the two most interesting characters in Purohit family are still silent regarding their POV.......how on earth will the audience get attached or emotionally linked to the Purohits if their POVs are not clear. Radhikas family is interesting because the POV of the family members are clear to the audience and they have well defined characters but the purohit main members are still nebulous. Both amma and Padma can be shown to keep quiet because although both had doubts but they were unsure...........and for amma she wanted to protect Dev, afterall amma is a servant in the house and being a servant she wouldn't have been able to protect Dev. 

Yeah, they are showing that suddenly Maheswari changed in one day after the accident.  Now she is tolerant of her husband and hides her response in subtle sarcasm that nobody understands.  Just not possible.  If Viraath can not control his jealousy and hot temper, how can Maheswari?  But they have decided to make her the manipulator and that is it.

Maheshwari is bizzarre.....if they want to show her successful then show that she thinks she is successful but actually she is not..........amma and Padmas POV regarding self doubt will show that although these two characters are keeping quiet that does not mean that they have been hoodwinked but because they are not sure and are waiting. Take the control of the muth from her and give it to the trustee..........I mean show that 12 years ago the Trust had decided that she will be the nominall head (since she is a replacement) and the responsibility of the muth will be with the trust and the trust decided to train Dev because he was the most responsible and able of the three kids..........Maheshwari went with it because being too full of herself she thought she will take advantage of Dev...afterall to her he is just a servant.....and she thought that in this people will think her great.......so the contact between her and the muth is minimum and she was only asked to do certain duties....and since she did not have day to day contact with the muth her chances of slipping is less. Its not possible for a person like Maheshwari too loose her cool and slip and nobody picking up on it.

This interaction would move the story as Viraath's jealousy of both would make him do things that would hurt his mother's interests.  He would be like Chachunder who turned on his mother and sister when he realized that uniting Dev and Radhika was in his own interest.  Too bad that they never utilized that story and just used Kanika and Katyani's schemes to stretch the track.

Yes.......and Viraaths action can be shown as her loosing her cool and slowly ammas doubts becoming stronger.......same with Padma.

I hope they show Radhika choosing Dev even if she believes he is not Kishn Kanhiya.  That would suit the tagline and her character as she has chosen spiritual over the ritual.  This part would go with the story of real Radha who didn't care for society's norms.

Radhika of CB1 did that when she didn't listen to her mother and decided to stay back with Dev.  But there she did know that he was her husband.  So it was not a violation of her beliefs.  Here, she would take it as a real husband.  It would be a great track because there would be a resistance from her in the beginning as she fights with herself.  But then she gives in to her feelings.  But knowing these creatives, I am sure that they won't show it.  She would be shown meekly accepting Rohan's proposal and then will only go after Dev after she knows for sure that he is her husband. 

From what I have read I think the mother will convince Radhika that Rohan is the Kishn Kanhaiya.......maybe that means Radhika might fall for Dev.......will they show her fighting with herself........doubts rising and then the mother convincing her.........that will show that initially Radhika might let her head rule her heart.......then coming to Purohits and realising that Dev is the husband so going after him........But what will be so special in that story? I mean they will be saying that society thinks that Rohan is her husband but since she knows that Dev is her real husband she might go against society and go after Dev.........but if she chooses Dev over Rohan ...she fights with herself first.........then family.....then society....for Dev.....and at the end she gets to know the reason she felt this connection with Dev is because her heart or Kanha in her recognised the truth.

I will prefer what you have said because then the story will really be spiritual.....otherwise it will be ritualistic........the real Radha-Krishna story is spiritual not ritualistic. ...For me spiritual is a one-to-one relation with God with no one in between.

In order to show a proper groW*H of Radhika, the groW*H has to be in writers' thinking too.  I have little faith in these people who seem to be only interested in chasing TRPs and not much interested in showing a natural progression of a person.  Otherwise they can easily show a conflicted Radhika who even talks to Kanha about her dilemma.  She can have a vision of Kanha (Misti's version) where she is convinced by Kanha that what she feels in her heart is real and not something that happened accidently several years ago.

Yes to the authors.......and I would like to know what they think by the term "spiritual" because I think my definition and their definiton is different.

Finally, a word of praise for Chunnu Munnu.  Usually I don't do that, but they did a great job with Radhika's family.  I actually liked Shanti's view point because as a pragmatic person she would do what she did.  She cares about her daughter's future and for her that ritualistic marriage is meaningless.  Like Chenu too and looking forward to him tangling with Dev and Viraath and even Kabutarni. 

Whoever has done the characterisation and screenplay of Radhikas family have done a good job. The characters have been true to themselves...........their POVs are clear to the audience and they are a bunch of interesting characters.

Also the boat scene was very beautiful especially with that song playing in the background.  It suited Radhika's character very well and actually fits your last scenario too where Radhika chooses Dev over her childhood beliefs. 

Yes.....

Edited by misti73 - 12 March 2011 at 11:52am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

chipakAngie12Neerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by why3

Originally posted by misti73

Angie now I get it.......the stones.............they are the friends of the stone that got stuck under the wheel when Dev pulling the chariot in CB1 and Radhika was pulling the plough........now I understand why they kept the stones in the boat and they made Dev into a scuptor.Big smileBig smile

Oh, I forgot about those two stones.  Hmm,  I like the use here better even though I liked it there too especially the second incident.  Dev had to argue with the chief mahant after that stone lifting incident.  Afterwards,  Mahant kind of gave up on Dev and would just agree to whatever he was saying.  He did the same with Radhika once she showed him the knife.  

Now that you reminded me of those scenes,  I have started missing the mahant in CB2.  The mahant with Viraath was too humble and too timid.  This phuljhari can take that old mahant quite easily.  This time he will be giving punishments to Dev instead since everything is reversed.  So, phuljhari can argue with him until he runs away.

I don't think that this mahant was too pleased with the shouting........his expression did not show that and I hope they use this incident to show that peopel are getting disgruntled with Viraats behaviour.....I mean they were irritated before but this showdown infront of others have angered them more.........that will be useful to irritate the badi bahu. The punishments will be definitely for Dev this time........Wink

PutijaChalhovAngie12Neerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by neerjashingla

There was repeat and just saw the part where Virat was shouting  at Mahant  and while going back his wife also says few lines..Mahant,s  expressions were of displeasure....Do not remind me of CB1 ,s mahant,.he used to look sadist as if found pleasure in torturing the people.....Atleast this Mahant does not have devilish expressions but  there was suppressed anger.....I really have this major problem whenever there is any soulful melodious song specially old song is there Dev Radhika comes to mind, as just listening to Casablanca theme song then just this thought  struck....

Casablanca?!!!! As Time Goes By? Casablanca is my one of my parents favourite movies. I was introduced to it in my twenties by my parents and have liked it since the first time I saw it.

Edited by misti73 - 12 March 2011 at 12:13pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angie12

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
  Innocent and quite does not mean  dumb.....Radhika was never dumb in CB1...Yes because of obligations she was quite...She was head-strong not easily give in to Dev inspite of loving him,or Ammali,s plotting of marrying her......Angie Misti your counter comments are pleasure to read....many times you feel the  on the same wave length...Just after reading your comments, started watching the expressions keenly, otherwise never bothered...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

PutijaChalhovJustShantachipakAngie12misti73

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 12 March 2011 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Down loaded this song from you tube....lyrics something like this.. Please come back to me casablanca, .love you more an more as time goes by,.......beautiful song  sung by some other singer,.with scenes from the movie ...almost whole movie......this is one of  my favorites

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

misti73

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 1:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by neerjashingla

Innocent and quite does not mean  dumb.....Radhika was never dumb in CB1...Yes because of obligations she was quite...She was head-strong not easily give in to Dev inspite of loving him,or Ammali,s plotting of marrying her...

Yes Radhika was never dumb......her thought process was a bit confused because of obligations.........here also Devs thought process regarding Maheshwari can be shown initially to be that of respect because of what his daima has told him but the diffrence between Radhika in CB1 and Dev in CB2 is that Radhika in CB1 was a solitary person, she either used to be at home or quietly working at the temple...her best friend was Nandu (keeping Kanha aside) so she did not have much access to the outer world........did not much mix with other people.........did not come across different points of view which might have led her to develop her own thought process, her own questions.........whereas here Dev has been working for a long time.........he does meet other people, he even has hobbies.......so that shows that he does have his own thoughts and hence the questions should definitely come.

PutijaChalhovchipakNeerjaa

PutijaChalhov Coolbie
PutijaChalhov
PutijaChalhov

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 3:26am | IP Logged

Well gendwa phool had to make its appearance and the talks with best friend had to happen

Hopefully te gendw phool does not lan in the wrong hands.Ouch

Will it have power in the wrong handsShockedShocked

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

chipakmisti73

ChinadollTwo Goldie
ChinadollTwo
ChinadollTwo

Posted: 13 March 2011 at 3:42am | IP Logged
Musti - As always, your eagle eyes doesn't miss a thing. You dissect these characters and make mince meat of CM, who is still making the same mistakes. They will never learn!

Ashanti should worry about her daughter and son bringing shame to the family... Daughter might end up getting pregnant by Rohan and her son, ending up in jail or getting beaten up for hoodwinking people.

In CB1 amma, pandits and villagers didn't allow Radhika to enter the Temple .. This time around, it's Ashanti .. What's up with that?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

chipakmisti73

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index