Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: nikki0809

shruuuuuuuu we WONNNNNNNNN AFTER 28 YEARS TEAM INDIA IS WORLD CHAMPIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS🥳🥳...PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE WHEN YOU WERE THERE AT MATCH????HOW WAS IT EXPERIENCING LIVEEEEEEEEE???????????🤗

OMG!

You watched it LIVEEEEEE???????? Hawww....you lucky, lucky girl!

Psssht. I'm SO jealous, I could murder you right now. But I won't because the FF is still incomplete. Maybe after, we can work something out. LMAO 😆 Jk.

But I AM jealous :)

xoxo
Aanya

-DavneetKaur- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Aanya_taanu4evr

OMG!

You watched it LIVEEEEEE???????? Hawww....you lucky, lucky girl!

Psssht. I'm SO jealous, I could murder you right now. But I won't because the FF is still incomplete. Maybe after, we can work something out. LMAO 😆 Jk.

But I AM jealous :)

xoxo
Aanya

YUP she said something abt ths yesterday ki she was going to watch it live😕
Hazel-eye thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Hey shrutika...plzz Update dear!!! m dyng 2 read plzzzzz
Munchkin. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Hello guys!

Firstly, YES, I am gonna update tonight in most probability! 

And second, YES, I did watch the historic match live in Wankhede, Mumbai yesterday! The historic moment took place on my home-ground, and I've never been so proud! An entire fan-account from me, straight from the stadium, coming right up in a few moments! 
Hazel-eye thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dmg8594

Hello guys!

Firstly, YES, I am gonna update tonight in most probability! 

And second, YES, I did watch the historic match live in Wankhede, Mumbai yesterday! The historic moment took place on my home-ground, and I've never been so proud! An entire fan-account from me, straight from the stadium, coming right up in a few moments! 

wohoooooo.....👏

Thanks for informing dear...But i hope dis tym..we get an update!!!😳

Munchkin. thumbnail

Originally posted by: akufull2mad

wohoooooo.....👏

Thanks for informing dear...But i hope dis tym..we get an update!!!😳

I hope so too, because I don't think I've ever been so tired in my life! 
Hazel-eye thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dmg8594

I hope so too, because I don't think I've ever been so tired in my life! 

awwww....

Munchkin. thumbnail
From the entire cue  from Marine Drive to the stadium, all waiting in line to get into the stadium and watch the match, the match that would probably put an end to the 28-year-long wait, to the screams, the cries, the chants of 'Sachin!', 'Dhoni', 'Gauti' and 'Yuvi', watching the match that brought the cup home, live, happening right in front of my eyes, with the players who created history playing just a few feet away from me, all I can say is, this is one day - April 2nd, 2011 - I'm gonna cherish for the rest of my life!

I missed the toss, because the line was too big, I reached inside the stadium only around 2.20, just in time for the National Anthem. It was so cool the way people - Indians and Sri Lankans alike - stood silent in respect whilst both Anthems were being recited. 

The match started, and the way our team saved runs was a COMMENDABLE! Whoever said we don't have good bowlers and fielders? Because I think they proved just the opposite! I saw only Gauti and Sreesant, and Sachin once, up close, as they were fielding right outside our stands! The Vijay Merchand Pavillion that is!

I hadn't eaten a morsel of food, except for a coke and a pack of Lays, all because I just couldn't bring my feet to move, lest I miss an important ball or over!

Nevertheless, the first innings were truly gripping, and just when I thought SL won't score above a 220-230 max, the third powerplay led them to a freaking helluva score of 274 runs! 274 well-made runs, and most of all, I saluted Jaywerdena for his amazing innings!

The first innings got over round 6.30, and we all in the stadium, a 50,000 or plus crowd, waited with bated breath for the second innings to start, because as we all know it, India's got the BEST BATSMEN in the entire world!

As Sehwag and Sachin moved down from the dressing rooms, the crowd's cheers knew no bounds, and I doubt I've shouted so much in my entire life!
We waited for a 4 or a 6, having all our hopes set on our opening batsmen...But, luck probably didn't favor, and the entire crowd, including a very hyper me, fell silent as we saw Sehwag lose his wicket right in the second ball of the innings at a score of 0. 

Gautam Gambhir, who had ALWAYS been my favorite since 2007 T20-WC, stepped in, but no one was confident enough anymore, and people still cheered 'Sachin! Sachin!' throughout the stadium!

Obviously, our hopes were lost when Sachin too lost his wicket, with that amazing catch caught. And I dunno how, I cried, with actual tears rolling down my cheeks, I cried when Sachin got out with just 18 runs in his pocket! I actually thought he'd make his 100th 100! But oh well!

Nevertheless, we kept chanting, 'Jeetega bhai jeetega! India Jeetega!' and crap like 'Agadabagadgaga! Hoo Ha! Hoo Ha!'. We also sang along at the constant boosts of music, A.R. Rahman's Vande Mataram, and Chak De! India, of course!

Malinga was fielding where I was seated, and all us Indians did, was yell 'Boo!' when he came close to our stand, not because of anything else, but taking two crucial wickets which could have perhaps led to our loss!

And then, we all counted on Gambhir and Kohli to finish a whooping target of 275 runs!

The partnership by the two amazing players was commendable, and in spite of so much pressure, Kohli was able to make a good 35 essential runs for us, and when he was sent back, we all gave a standing ovation to him! 

We didn't ever realize when Gauti made his 50, because when Dhoni came, we were all surprised how Yuvi hadn't come, because he was always slated to come at 5. And then I completely lost it, because I adored Dhoni as a wicket-keeper and captain, but not as a batsman! 

Gauti and MSD's partnership was one helluva treat to watch, and I've never seen two players more confident! We obviously cursed the two when they would take risks and give us a cardiac arrest right there, but they still played amazingly well! 

We waited for Gauti's century to finish, and I held my 'Bleed Blue' poster in my hand above my head all the while, but almost cried when he was stumped! The look on his face when he was returning to the dressing rooms was pathetic, and I felt so bad for him! But nevertheless, he too earned the entire crowd's respect, and it was seen when in spite of his wicket, we all cheered 'Gauti! Gauti!' as he walked back!

Next came Yuvi, and our hopes knew no bound! With Gambhir having done such an amazing job, and Dhoni leaving no stone unturned in proving his batting skills, we knew Yuvi would do wonders! And we were right! He hit a 6! And that's when a loud chorus of 'Singh is King' was heard from the music, and all of us sang along with him, as he waved at us!

We almost fainted when SL kept asking for reviews of wickets, but luck favored us, and both their reviews were proven wrong! I, a tiny part of the crowd, owing to my short height, screamed 'In your face' right at the SL team (sorry Sri Lankans!), and my sister kept telling me to hush it down a little, to which i replied, 'I don't care!'.

Obviously the match got intense whenever Malinga or Murali would come to bowl, because both of them are wonderful bowlers! Throughout the match all we did was shout 'Boo!' whenever Malinga would come and field near our stands!

The most breath-taking part of the match though, was Dhoni's winning 6...And the way I saw Yuvi hug Dhoni, I cried right then and there! With tears of extreme happiness rolling down my cheeks, I cried and screamed, and obviously it got even better when I saw the rest of the team run to them, and most of all a dazed Sachin run to his gang! 

All in all, it was something way out of the world, to have witnessed a scene which will be told over and over for generations to come, and I was part of that history, which will be retold for God knows how long! I can proudly say, I was THERE! I was there when everyone dedicated the Cup to Sachin, I was there when he was lifted on the shoulders and taken on a round around the field, I was there in the crowds when he waved at us wearing the tricolored flag, and I was there when our Indian Team lifted the cup!

I was a part of history, a very, very, tiny and minuscule part, but still, I was there and I bled blue till the last ball, the last winning 6! 
Edited by Dmg8594 - 13 years ago
perfectsmile thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Wohoooo that was one of the best gists of the match I have read on the net, since yesterday. (which were something around 100😳)

Even after reading and rereading such comments from the people who were out there right in the stadium, one could never get bored. Such was the match. I could somehow feel myself standing amongst people like you, screaming my lungs out. That would be amongst the proudest moments of every Indian's life, whether they are crazy about cricket or not.

The match had everything in it, the masala, drama, heartbreaks and dreams and it was worth being a final, with both the teams almost standing out at the same SWOTs.

With 121 crores of people holding their hearts in their fists and breathing the name of Dhoni, Sachin, Sehwag, Gauti, Yuvi or some other player, i don't think there would be any other obsession (in a positive way) for the India other than cricket, especially the world cup season.

Most of us weren't born when Kapil's devils grabbed the Cup back then. But then someday, our children or grandchildren might proudly say that their parents of grandparents were present during the moment Indian team lifted the WC for the second time chasing such a score.

LOL, I could go on an on, but yeah would wind up my comment. I had been searching for some posts on IF about the match since yesterday, so I could comment back and bingo! I found yours.
Congrats on being there, right at the place when the history repeated for the first time. You might be a tiny part of the history but u are a part of it. 😳 I wish I was there too.

ps: Update please 😉
SankiPagal thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
hey shru plsssssssss atleast post an installment rite nw........................