Chandragupta Maurya

India-Forums

Chandragupta Maurya
Chandragupta Maurya

Wht History Says abt ChandraGuptaMaurya & Chanakya (Page 2)

ssbn_siddhi Goldie
ssbn_siddhi
ssbn_siddhi

Posted: 07 April 2011 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Hey even I had gone to wikipedia to gather more info but it went on and on and i lost my interest. But a very big thanx to u for giving me edited version. U have done a great job. Thanks a lot for sharing..............

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

...PARiNA...

...PARiNA... IF-Rockerz
...PARiNA...
...PARiNA...

Posted: 07 April 2011 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
ur welcome ......
Ritu278 Goldie
Ritu278
Ritu278

Posted: 08 April 2011 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
3rd Century B.C.

Alexander the great came to Punjab in 326 B.C. At this time Raja Ambi [ Orphis ] was king of Taxila and was at war with the Paurava king Porus whose kingdom was beyond the Jhelum river . Raja Ambi allied himself with Alexander and joined hands with Ora in Swat [ the Udaygram ruins ] and Puskalavati [ today Charsadda near Peshawar]

After Alexander's death in 323 B.C. Gandhara came under the Mauryan Emperors of India .

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

...PARiNA...swethasyam08

Ritu278 Goldie
Ritu278
Ritu278

Posted: 23 April 2011 at 12:59am | IP Logged
I got to know another intresting factSmileAccording to Magesthenese's Indica CGm was always protected by a group of women and he used to not sleep in the same place for two consecutive daysShockedDid u guys notice that Dhananand also is surrounded by womenEmbarrassed...CGM was surrounded for protection...i dont abt DhananandWink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

...PARiNA...swethasyam08

Rituparnaa IF-Rockerz
Rituparnaa
Rituparnaa

Posted: 23 April 2011 at 1:30am | IP Logged
Wow...nice topic and very informative too.Thanks for sharing.
mehraan IF-Sizzlerz
mehraan
mehraan

Posted: 24 April 2011 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
had long bac read n studied  wen in skool...bad had completely forgotten..thanx 4  a detailed info!
_Eternity_ IF-Stunnerz
_Eternity_
_Eternity_

Posted: 27 April 2011 at 4:14am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing
Ritu278 Goldie
Ritu278
Ritu278

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 6:14am | IP Logged
The Nandas

The Nandas were the successors of the Saisunaga dynasty. The 9 Nandas mentioned in the Mahabodhivamsa are:
Ugrasena
Panduka
Pandugati
Bhutapala
Rashtrapala
Govishanaka
Dasaisddhaka
Kaivarta
Dhana

Dhananand: According to the Mahabohivamsa, Dhanananda was the last king of Nanda dynasty. It is suggested that he should be identified with the Agrammes or Xandrames of the classical writers. He was called Dhanananda from his being addicted to hoarding treasure ...He collected riches to the amount of eightly Kotis ia a rock in the bed of the river Ganges.

It is stated that Alexander got information regarding the military strength and unpopularity of the last Nanda king. Plutarch tells us that CGM had stated that the Nanda king was hated and despised by his subjects on account of the wickedness of his disposition and meanness of his origin.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Rituparnaaswethasyam08anu93

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Chandragupta Maurya Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index