Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
My heart aches to see the images of the aftermath of the quake. Reminds me of the Tsunami we had to face a few years ago. Add to that  I just read that several of their Nuclear reactors are out of control.I hope a solution can be found to contain the radiation.
I hope the people of Japan can find the strength to move on. My heart and prayers are with them.
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

so much destruction... they interrputed the regular programming yesterday... they were showing highlights of the tsunami on tv... it's quite bad... there are a lot of local drives to help out...

my prayers are with them... it's quite bad.... heard there will be more areas effected, and i think they had areas effected in the u.s. as well...

they were showing about unrest in libya as well...

God help everyone...

ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I  hope people in Japan are okay.

It sickens me to read some of the shit people write on articles saying it is revenge for Pearl Harbor.

P.S. If you live in the Bay Area and are free on the 19th -- San Jose Earthquakes will be donating a dollar to victims of the Japan earthquake for every fan who attends their home opener against Real Salt Lake at the Buck Shaw stadium. Also, RedCross has started an initative where you can text RedCross and donate money.
Nisha_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the topic Gobsmacked..The news was completely shocking for me and can understand how ppl over dere are completely devasted by now..it reminds me of the Tsunami in 2006 where lakhs of ppl passed away..

My prayers are wid dem and dere families :)

and a small request to everyone.we all know wats the real reason behind all dese natural calamities.it is Global warming and cos of its terrible increase only now the whole world is facing all dese probs..so if possible we should all try our level best to control GW and save our environment :)
Artful_Dodger thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
may god give strength to the people of japan to overcome the calamity that has befallen them *Amen* Edited by miss-chief - 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Gene_Nisha

Thanks for the topic Gobsmacked..The news was completely shocking for me and can understand how ppl over dere are completely devasted by now..it reminds me of the Tsunami in 2006 where lakhs of ppl passed away..

My prayers are wid dem and dere families :)

and a small request to everyone.we all know wats the real reason behind all dese natural calamities.it is Global warming and cos of its terrible increase only now the whole world is facing all dese probs..so if possible we should all try our level best to control GW and save our environment :)

I don't know if everything is due to global warming...

But this is because of tectonic plates. The Pacific Plate slid underneath the Eurasian Plate which released energy in the form of waves. The water in the ocean carried that wave movement to the shore while it increased in height. That was why the water did not stop at the shoreline.

Japan and other countries around it are in the "Ring of Fire" where seismic activity is highly active
Edited by koolchick - 13 years ago
Easy_A thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
Alll this seems unreal to me, I am in a daze really. It sickens me to see how helpless we are against such forces of the earth. 

I can't even imagine what the people over there are going through, they dont deserve any of this. I wish their pain and troubles get erased out of their lives forever. I wish them strength and power. 
MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
my heart goes out to everyone in Japan they are in my prayers they will recover from this & come out stronger. 
😔  The death toll is approaching over 10,000 now.  That is mindboggling.  News channels are saying this is the worst disaster since World War II.  So many things are happening in the world and it takes disasters to bring people together.  There is nothing which can be done about national disasters except helping and doing whatever can be done.