Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
I have a song dedicated as a Liverpool FC fan: (for those who don't know what I am talking about, it's football in England. The Premier League Football Club Liverpool)

When you walk through the storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on, through the wind
Walk on, through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone
HariOm thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

10 things to learn from Japan

1. THE CALM

Not a single visual of chest-beating or wild grief. Sorrow itself has been elevated.

2. THE DIGNITY

Disciplined queues for water and groceries. Not a rough word or a crude gesture.

3. THE ABILITY

The incredible architects, for instance. Buildings swayed but didn't fall.

4. THE GRACE

People bought only what they needed for the present, so everybody could get something.

5. THE ORDER

No looting in shops. No honking and no overtaking on the roads. Just understanding.

6. THE SACRIFICE

Fifty workers stayed back to pump sea water in the N-reactors. How will they ever be repaid?

7. THE TENDERNESS

Restaurants cut prices. An unguarded ATM is left alone. The strong cared for the weak.

8. THE TRAINING

The old and the children, everyone knew exactly what to do. And they did just that.

9. THE MEDIA

They showed magnificent restraint in the bulletins. No sensationalizing. Only calm reportage.

10. THE CONSCIENCE

When the power went off in a store, people put things back on the shelves and left quietly

This makes the nation great.

MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
A strong earthquake of magnitude 6.8 hit Myanmar thailand 
Originally posted by: HariOm

1. THE CALM

Not a single visual of chest-beating or wild grief. Sorrow itself has been elevated.

2. THE DIGNITY

Disciplined queues for water and groceries. Not a rough word or a crude gesture.

3. THE ABILITY

4. THE GRACE

People bought only what they needed for the present, so everybody could get something.

5. THE ORDER

No looting in shops. No honking and no overtaking on the roads. Just understanding.

6. THE SACRIFICE

Fifty workers stayed back to pump sea water in the N-reactors. How will they ever be repaid?

7. THE TENDERNESS

Restaurants cut prices. An unguarded ATM is left alone. The strong cared for the weak.

8. THE TRAINING

The old and the children, everyone knew exactly what to do. And they did just that.

9. THE MEDIA

They showed magnificent restraint in the bulletins. No sensationalizing. Only calm reportage.

10. THE CONSCIENCE

When the power went off in a store, people put things back on the shelves and left quietly

one of the most beautiful posts ive ever read on this forum. GO JAPAN! 
The ten things post is beautiful. I read it on Facebook and my email a couple of days back and it really shook me up.

This is what I read on Facebook and it's so true:

"There is so much to learn from them. That's what a Developed Nation is all about..........
tz not the things, but the people who build a nation. Therefore, people are more important than things.
Where materialism takes a back seat versus the human values & discipline.
Where the importance is given to "What can I do for you ?" instead of "Isse mujhe kya fayda hai ? or Mera kya hoga ?".
Where mind is calm & rational as against being "Sentimentally" driven to more sorrow & distress.
Where minds accept the reality as inevitable instead of lamenting unnecessarily, creating more chaos & confusion."

God bless Japan, and its people. They have immense strength to go thru such a catastrophe and still come out of it.
pluviophile. thumbnail
My all prayers are with them hope they are well!!!
Originally posted by: zainab25

The ten things post is beautiful. I read it on Facebook and my email a couple of days back and it really shook me up.

This is what I read on Facebook and it's so true:

"There is so much to learn from them. That's what a Developed Nation is all about..........
tz not the things, but the people who build a nation. Therefore, people are more important than things.
Where materialism takes a back seat versus the human values & discipline.
Where the importance is given to "What can I do for you ?" instead of "Isse mujhe kya fayda hai ? or Mera kya hoga ?".
Where mind is calm & rational as against being "Sentimentally" driven to more sorrow & distress.
Where minds accept the reality as inevitable instead of lamenting unnecessarily, creating more chaos & confusion."

God bless Japan, and its people. They have immense strength to go thru such a catastrophe and still come out of it.

I agree completely. The resilience and patience shown by the ppl of japan is worthy of a thousand standing ovations. Its times like these when u realize that the world is not a bad place afterall. Bad things and catastrophes happen, but wht matters is the way the human race comes together to help each other during such events. I think its god's way of making us realize tht we have each other during the times when he tests us. 

Japan is an inspiration to everyone. 
wicckked thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Not hating on Japan or anything, in fact I love Japan but there are some info ppl are missing.

Ppl bought every necessity from stores in panic of another Earthquake/Tsunami hitting the country, more like in Tokyo. So...they're running out of supplies. 
And there has been minimal looting in the country too. 

Buildings were built Earthquake resistant (more like to tolerate 8.0 M) because the country has experienced many Earthquakes in the past. If the engineers hadn't did their jobs well, there would've been more deaths in the country. So kudos to them! 

About the Media, well this isn't new that the media tend to be ignorants but still, there has been some journalists asking the Government "when will all this stop?" or "when will Japan go back to normal?" or "Why isn't the government doing anything?". As if all this happening was the Governments fault. =/

But putting aside all this, Japan is a unique nation, xenophobic maybe but still one of the most hard-working country. And I truly wish everything goes back to normal really soon. May God bless them! 

P.S. it's really surprising to see so many ignorants saying retarded stuffs like "This is karma for bombing Pearl Harbor!" or "They didn't donate during Hurricane Katrina, why should we help!". Smh!

Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

1. THE CALM

2. THE DIGNITY

3. THE ABILITY

4. THE GRACE

5. THE ORDER

6. THE SACRIFICE

7. THE TENDERNESS

8. THE TRAINING

9. THE MEDIA

10. THE CONSCIENCE

emotional, still the truth.. Awesome people. Respect!!!!